• Oct 28th, 2016 10:23 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 4, 2014
7 posts
20 upvotes
Brampton, ON

[Fido] Retention Plan $50 3GB Unlimited Canada-Wide

Fido is offering $50 retention plan with 3GB data and unlimited Canada -Wide calling.
If you are an existing customer give them a call and try to get hold of someone from customer relation department. Tell them you are going to switch to wind and ask for a competitive plan they have for wind.
You can also get this plan if you are new customer coming from wind to Fido.
206 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1263 posts
935 upvotes
WESTMOUNT
Don't forget that existing Fido members can get you $25 referral credit.

Just sayin' :-)
Penalty Box
Jan 27, 2014
4793 posts
1896 upvotes
RIARBI wrote: Fido is offering $50 retention plan with 3GB data and unlimited Canada -Wide calling.
If you are an existing customer give them a call and try to get hold of someone from customer relation department. Tell them you are going to switch to wind and ask for a competitive plan they have for wind.
You can also get this plan if you are new customer coming from wind to Fido.
How is Fido's network? Is it 4G? LTE?
Sep 17, 2008
593 posts
88 upvotes
ar2020 wrote: How is Fido's network? Is it 4G? LTE?
LTE, same as Rogers network
[external links removed]
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1733 posts
862 upvotes
I assume this plan is BYOD and is any contract involved?

EDIT: also assuming these don't include Spotify/Vice like their previous plans? If anyone has already called and can confirm or deny that'd be awesome.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1402 posts
346 upvotes
Westcoast
how successful are people in getting this retention plan? My contract expires this fall, do you think I have a chance in switching over?
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14540 posts
2151 upvotes
Toronto
Fido needs to offer this plan to the public.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2228 posts
857 upvotes
Quebec
Plan is pretty meh, there is WIFI everywhere so Data is not as important as before
[OP]
Jul 4, 2014
7 posts
20 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Fido network is same as Rogers.
Getting this plan is not that hard I got it on 2 lines.You just have to keep insisting them.Try your best to get someone from customer relations department.Thats the best bet.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7630 posts
1399 upvotes
RIARBI wrote: Fido network is same as Rogers.
Getting this plan is not that hard I got it on 2 lines.You just have to keep insisting them.Try your best to get someone from customer relations department.Thats the best bet.
no phone upgrades right?
Penalty Box
Jan 27, 2014
4793 posts
1896 upvotes
ratatapa wrote: Plan is pretty meh, there is WIFI everywhere so Data is not as important as before
No. Is there WIFI in your car? There are many places there isn't WIFI. Plus it is a hassle to connect to WIFI at so many different places and click to agree to their terms etc. before you can do anything.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2007
3879 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for a CSR via chat to upgrade my current $45 2gb to $50 3gb!

Question how's fido's unlimited internet pricing? I cant seem to find any info on the website.
May 5, 2016
343 posts
323 upvotes
ratatapa wrote: Plan is pretty meh, there is WIFI everywhere so Data is not as important as before
I think its the exact opposite if you look at where wireless trends are going. There are a lot of VOIP options available for calling and texting. Infact most people already use Whatsapp and Facebook messenger more than they use regular texting. And trends suggest people talk less and less on their cell phones. Its the data that is the most highly sought after product. And i don't know where you're finding all this free Wifi btw, people can't hangout in McDonalds all day
[OP]
Jul 4, 2014
7 posts
20 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Not sure if you can get a phone upgrade with this plan.Just give a shot and see . You still save even if you don't get a phone upgrade.
May 5, 2016
343 posts
323 upvotes
mmhassa2 wrote: Thanks for a CSR via chat to upgrade my current $45 2gb to $50 3gb!

Question how's fido's unlimited internet pricing? I cant seem to find any info on the website.
It is on their website, $65 for 30mbps unlimited for existing postpaid customers