[Fido] Fido - Retention Plans

Jul 24, 2008
76 posts
7 upvotes
all i was offerred this morning...called a Match Plan for Freedom Mobile

the $45 Talk, Text & Data plan includes:

- Unlimited Canada-wide anytime calls
- 2 GB (over usage: $5/250 MB)
- Unlimited text/picture/video msgs from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international cells
- Call Display (Number only)
- Mini Voicemail (max 3 msgs, can be upgraded to 35 msgs)
- Circle Calling™

Note that, should you wish to get an agreement later on, you'll have to change the plan.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3405 posts
319 upvotes
Vancouver
QritTiKaL wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 2:16 am
^^ what's the update?
If you're wondering about BC, on Mar7, bestbuy offerred me a Huawei GR5 for $0 with a $125gc, the LG G4 was $49, no further gc. I believe the moto g4 plus was $0, no gc.

For reference/comparison only, Superstore mobileshop had a Sat,mar11 one day deal for a LG G4 for $99 with $100gc and extra $50gc for phone trade in.

All my deals are for a plus10 (former $39 smart) plan renewal.
Dec 23, 2006
398 posts
80 upvotes
kmchow wrote:
Mar 12th, 2017 10:10 pm
If you're wondering about BC, on Mar7, bestbuy offerred me a Huawei GR5 for $0 with a $125gc, the LG G4 was $49, no further gc. I believe the moto g4 plus was $0, no gc.

For reference/comparison only, Superstore mobileshop had a Sat,mar11 one day deal for a LG G4 for $99 with $100gc and extra $50gc for phone trade in.

All my deals are for a plus10 (former $39 smart) plan renewal.
This is actually getting worse. I renewed the same plan in mid Feb thru Wow Mobile, got the LG G4 for $0 and $50 GC. BBY also has the G4 for $0 without GC in the same week.
If you are set on renewing the same plan, checkout walmart as well. The G4 has $150 GC but I can't remember if it is $0.
Fido $40 5GB small + $15 3GB tablet data
PM $20 province wide talk
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
1835 posts
528 upvotes
Mississauga
I have 6 months left on my contract. Just got an email from Fido. $100 for 10GB Including unlimited messaging and Canada–wide calling. Good deal or can I do better for around $80? I'm not sure if phone is included so will call tomorrow to get details.
May 5, 2015
88 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got a unlimited Canada canada wide calling text picture video messages Canada wide and International and date of 1GB
call display voicemail call forwarding for $55 and this plan is plus15 which means my bill is $55 +tax with phone.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
1835 posts
528 upvotes
Mississauga
lovecellphones wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 10:54 pm
I got a unlimited Canada canada wide calling text picture video messages Canada wide and International and date of 1GB
call display voicemail call forwarding for $55 and this plan is plus15 which means my bill is $55 +tax with phone.
I'm looking for deals with over 6GB data
Jul 11, 2016
52 posts
22 upvotes
Waterloo
So I'm on the $15/ 3 GB plan with the LG GPAD 3. I tried talking to someone on live chat regarding a buy out and seeing if they had any promotion similar to the one that many people on here have reportedly gotten(the 50% off plan). I was told that I do not qualify for this since I'm on the tablet plan. Is this true or is this rep just bsing
Apr 9, 2012
138 posts
61 upvotes
Not sure if this was the best deal I can get for the iPhone 6S 32GB but I needed a phone quick after I dropped my 5S in water and the phone stopped working (won't even turn on).

Was able to keep my $25 talk and and text + $30 6GB data add on plan

- Signed a 2 year contract to get the iPhone 6S 32GB for $519 + tax
- Less 57 Fido Dollars
- Less $100 statement credit (already got an e-mail from Fido confirming this)
- $15 HUP fee which was negated by a $20 statement credit I got from Fido about 5 months ago when I unsuccessfully tried negotiating for an iPhone 7 with my current plan lol

What do you guys think?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1283 posts
227 upvotes
texedomel wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 1:12 am
This is actually getting worse. I renewed the same plan in mid Feb thru Wow Mobile, got the LG G4 for $0 and $50 GC. BBY also has the G4 for $0 without GC in the same week.
If you are set on renewing the same plan, checkout walmart as well. The G4 has $150 GC but I can't remember if it is $0.
Last cyber monday (late november), lg g5 was 120$ with 200$ gift card at the mobileshop for Pulse 10$ plans. (former standard plan). maybe they will have something similar in the future.
Oct 21, 2009
68 posts
3 upvotes
michaelr16 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 6:57 pm
Not sure if this was the best deal I can get for the iPhone 6S 32GB but I needed a phone quick after I dropped my 5S in water and the phone stopped working (won't even turn on).

Was able to keep my $25 talk and and text + $30 6GB data add on plan

- Signed a 2 year contract to get the iPhone 6S 32GB for $519 + tax
- Less 57 Fido Dollars
- Less $100 statement credit (already got an e-mail from Fido confirming this)
- $15 HUP fee which was negated by a $20 statement credit I got from Fido about 5 months ago when I unsuccessfully tried negotiating for an iPhone 7 with my current plan lol

What do you guys think?
This sounds about average for what they are doing with people with the old plan. I have a talk and text plan, 6 GB of data and callerID and VM for $68 and was told I could get any phone off the Fido site at the cost of a plus10 plan. Presently, the closest plus10 plan to yours is roughly $85 for 5GB so what you got is definitely better than anything you can get now and I don't think you are going to get anything better in the future so locking in for two years really does not seem terrible. Personally, I still wouldn't pay the $500 or so for the Iphone, you are only saving $250 on a brand new model bought from Apple, but that is just me. In my opinion the best deal right now is either getting the 5GB for $50 deal they had going with no device or if you want a device grab the LG G4 for $100. That is what I am deciding on right now.

How did you get the $100 credit, was it for something they messed up on, or was it offered to you?
Apr 9, 2012
138 posts
61 upvotes
asianavatar wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 9:13 pm
This sounds about average for what they are doing with people with the old plan. I have a talk and text plan, 6 GB of data and callerID and VM for $68 and was told I could get any phone off the Fido site at the cost of a plus10 plan. Presently, the closest plus10 plan to yours is roughly $85 for 5GB so what you got is definitely better than anything you can get now and I don't think you are going to get anything better in the future so locking in for two years really does not seem terrible. Personally, I still wouldn't pay the $500 or so for the Iphone, you are only saving $250 on a brand new model bought from Apple, but that is just me. In my opinion the best deal right now is either getting the 5GB for $50 deal they had going with no device or if you want a device grab the LG G4 for $100. That is what I am deciding on right now.

How did you get the $100 credit, was it for something they messed up on, or was it offered to you?
The rep tried to get me to switch to a $75 plan with 4GB data (plus 2GB bonus for 2 years) so that I can get the 6S for $300 on a 2 year contract. When it became clear I wasn't going to budge, she put me on hold for a while and came back with the $100 credit offer.
Mar 21, 2005
147 posts
58 upvotes
Calgary
asianavatar wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 9:13 pm

I too am in a similar situation. My agreement is up on the 2nd of April and I have the same $35 Talk and Text + $30 6GB data add on plan + taxes. The only thing they were going to offer me was the $80 10 GB plan, that I can upgrade online myself. I'll have to give another call in to see what there is for keeping the same plan. Maybe we can expect some deals in the near future with the S8 nearing launch??

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

mwong168