Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Fido] Fido - Retention Plans

Jul 11, 2016
28 posts
19 upvotes
So I'm on the $15/ 3 GB plan with the LG GPAD 3. I tried talking to someone on live chat regarding a buy out and seeing if they had any promotion similar to the one that many people on here have reportedly gotten(the 50% off plan). I was told that I do not qualify for this since I'm on the tablet plan. Is this true or is this rep just bsing
Apr 9, 2012
107 posts
53 upvotes
Not sure if this was the best deal I can get for the iPhone 6S 32GB but I needed a phone quick after I dropped my 5S in water and the phone stopped working (won't even turn on).

Was able to keep my $25 talk and and text + $30 6GB data add on plan

- Signed a 2 year contract to get the iPhone 6S 32GB for $519 + tax
- Less 57 Fido Dollars
- Less $100 statement credit (already got an e-mail from Fido confirming this)
- $15 HUP fee which was negated by a $20 statement credit I got from Fido about 5 months ago when I unsuccessfully tried negotiating for an iPhone 7 with my current plan lol

What do you guys think?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1097 posts
159 upvotes
texedomel wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 1:12 am
This is actually getting worse. I renewed the same plan in mid Feb thru Wow Mobile, got the LG G4 for $0 and $50 GC. BBY also has the G4 for $0 without GC in the same week.
If you are set on renewing the same plan, checkout walmart as well. The G4 has $150 GC but I can't remember if it is $0.
Last cyber monday (late november), lg g5 was 120$ with 200$ gift card at the mobileshop for Pulse 10$ plans. (former standard plan). maybe they will have something similar in the future.
Oct 21, 2009
64 posts
2 upvotes
michaelr16 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 6:57 pm
Not sure if this was the best deal I can get for the iPhone 6S 32GB but I needed a phone quick after I dropped my 5S in water and the phone stopped working (won't even turn on).

Was able to keep my $25 talk and and text + $30 6GB data add on plan

- Signed a 2 year contract to get the iPhone 6S 32GB for $519 + tax
- Less 57 Fido Dollars
- Less $100 statement credit (already got an e-mail from Fido confirming this)
- $15 HUP fee which was negated by a $20 statement credit I got from Fido about 5 months ago when I unsuccessfully tried negotiating for an iPhone 7 with my current plan lol

What do you guys think?
This sounds about average for what they are doing with people with the old plan. I have a talk and text plan, 6 GB of data and callerID and VM for $68 and was told I could get any phone off the Fido site at the cost of a plus10 plan. Presently, the closest plus10 plan to yours is roughly $85 for 5GB so what you got is definitely better than anything you can get now and I don't think you are going to get anything better in the future so locking in for two years really does not seem terrible. Personally, I still wouldn't pay the $500 or so for the Iphone, you are only saving $250 on a brand new model bought from Apple, but that is just me. In my opinion the best deal right now is either getting the 5GB for $50 deal they had going with no device or if you want a device grab the LG G4 for $100. That is what I am deciding on right now.

How did you get the $100 credit, was it for something they messed up on, or was it offered to you?
Apr 9, 2012
107 posts
53 upvotes
asianavatar wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 9:13 pm
This sounds about average for what they are doing with people with the old plan. I have a talk and text plan, 6 GB of data and callerID and VM for $68 and was told I could get any phone off the Fido site at the cost of a plus10 plan. Presently, the closest plus10 plan to yours is roughly $85 for 5GB so what you got is definitely better than anything you can get now and I don't think you are going to get anything better in the future so locking in for two years really does not seem terrible. Personally, I still wouldn't pay the $500 or so for the Iphone, you are only saving $250 on a brand new model bought from Apple, but that is just me. In my opinion the best deal right now is either getting the 5GB for $50 deal they had going with no device or if you want a device grab the LG G4 for $100. That is what I am deciding on right now.

How did you get the $100 credit, was it for something they messed up on, or was it offered to you?
The rep tried to get me to switch to a $75 plan with 4GB data (plus 2GB bonus for 2 years) so that I can get the 6S for $300 on a 2 year contract. When it became clear I wasn't going to budge, she put me on hold for a while and came back with the $100 credit offer.
Mar 21, 2005
82 posts
28 upvotes
Calgary
asianavatar wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 9:13 pm

I too am in a similar situation. My agreement is up on the 2nd of April and I have the same $35 Talk and Text + $30 6GB data add on plan + taxes. The only thing they were going to offer me was the $80 10 GB plan, that I can upgrade online myself. I'll have to give another call in to see what there is for keeping the same plan. Maybe we can expect some deals in the near future with the S8 nearing launch??
Oct 21, 2009
64 posts
2 upvotes
macuis wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 8:19 pm
I too am in a similar situation. My agreement is up on the 2nd of April and I have the same $35 Talk and Text + $30 6GB data add on plan + taxes. The only thing they were going to offer me was the $80 10 GB plan, that I can upgrade online myself. I'll have to give another call in to see what there is for keeping the same plan. Maybe we can expect some deals in the near future with the S8 nearing launch??
I switched over to the $50 5GB BYOD plan. I calculated what it would cost me to keep my old plan at $68 dollars and getting an LG G4 at maybe cost or going with the 5GB plan and its $432 difference over two years. I think I am okie with using that $432 to get my own phone instead. Also I used up all my Fido dollars, so they can't use that to try and "convince" me to stay.
Feb 13, 2016
36 posts
3 upvotes
Called fido to get the google pixel, all they offered was 4gb for $80 or 1gb for $70. I am currently on the 5GB $50 BYOD plan. Ended up buying the pixel from fido to use up my fido dollars, they also gave me a $30 credit. Plans royally suck.
Mar 7, 2017
1 posts
Wondering if I can get some advice... I did what was recommended to get on a retention plan (unltd talk/text 8gb for 100) from my 75 talk/text 3gb. I made the mistake of letting them know off the bat I wanted 10gb/$80 bc, well, I didn't read enough posts to know not to.

First I got 6gb/80 (was only a customer for 2 months) and got to where I am. Had a situation (no wifi lol) where I went waaay over data (bill was 300+) but when my overages were going to give me a 220 bill, I called fido. They gave me an interaction ID # for a one time bail out I guess it was, where my overages would be forgiven & I could use more data the remaining 5 dys of that bill cycle, also forgiven. When I called back to use it, I was told the rep was mistaken and only $105 would be credited.

Got to retentions and got nowhere. Basically I'm wondering if I have any options other than pay the bill and is there anything I can do to get more cheaper monthly rates, yet keep my data or get the 10gb/80? Sorry for the long post and thank you in advance.
Dec 17, 2009
137 posts
9 upvotes
Just an update, I had a 4gb + 2gb extra for 24 month on a BYOP for 49.50$ but I noticed Fido put a new plan 6gb for 49$.I chatted with a CSR and told her about this new plan and she switched it for me (effective on my next bill cycle) and I still maintain my 2 extra gb...btw i'm in quebec so ymmv
Jul 13, 2008
74 posts
15 upvotes
Nitecrawller wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 10:14 am
Just an update, I had a 4gb + 2gb extra for 24 month on a BYOP for 49.50$ but I noticed Fido put a new plan 6gb for 49$.I chatted with a CSR and told her about this new plan and she switched it for me (effective on my next bill cycle) and I still maintain my 2 extra gb...btw i'm in quebec so ymmv
where di they post about the new plan?
Dec 17, 2009
137 posts
9 upvotes
ProjecT84 wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 10:42 am
where di they post about the new plan?
I guess they never did.I was just browsing on the website and I noticed the 4gb 49.50$ was gone and replaced with 6gb for 49$.We can thank koodo (and other cell phone providers) and the fact that byop options is opening up options for us.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel