Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Fido] Fido - Retention Plans

Mar 4, 2014
9 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I'm looking for a new phone, but I currently have a good plan (contract has expired a year ago). What is the best option? I currently have 6 GB for 60$. I could probably live with less data. I called in and they're telling me to scrap my contract, and sign a new one where I have to pay more. I declined.
Feb 28, 2015
213 posts
18 upvotes
Montreal, QC
CelusC wrote:
Sep 24th, 2017 7:20 pm
Anyone been able to get any talk and text only plan?
I have the talk and text only for 25$. I called for a friend and they said it is no longer offered.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2008
1989 posts
78 upvotes
Had the black friday $40 4gb plan that was going up to $45, managed to call in and get a $5 discount for 9 months to go back down to 40/month
Jul 23, 2008
804 posts
268 upvotes
lemailme wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 8:44 pm
Had the black friday $40 4gb plan that was going up to $45, managed to call in and get a $5 discount for 9 months to go back down to 40/month
I had the same deal and got offered the same $5 credit.....im just amazed they could raise the price as i thought it was a locked in price
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17623 posts
1283 upvotes
sc00ter77 wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 12:33 am
I had the same deal and got offered the same $5 credit.....im just amazed they could raise the price as i thought it was a locked in price
If you're not on a contract, the price isn't locked in. Never assume it.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Aug 28, 2015
31 posts
4 upvotes
Brampton
currently on 10gb for 75$ pulse plan

and was offered when mentioned freedom this:
50$ Data, Talk & Text plan which comes with:

- Unlimited Canada-wide anytime calls
- 3 GB (over usage: $5/250 MB)
- Unlimited text/picture/video msgs from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international cells
- Call Display (Number only)
- Mini Voicemail (max 3 msgs, can be upgraded to 35 msgs)
- Circle Calling™

plus 2gb extra data for 24 months

I don't need the 10gb of data but 5gb seems a bit short

what u guys think?
Jul 13, 2008
85 posts
17 upvotes
stevemiana wrote:
Sep 29th, 2017 2:31 pm
currently on 10gb for 75$ pulse plan

and was offered when mentioned freedom this:
50$ Data, Talk & Text plan which comes with:

- Unlimited Canada-wide anytime calls
- 3 GB (over usage: $5/250 MB)
- Unlimited text/picture/video msgs from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international cells
- Call Display (Number only)
- Mini Voicemail (max 3 msgs, can be upgraded to 35 msgs)
- Circle Calling™

plus 2gb extra data for 24 months

I don't need the 10gb of data but 5gb seems a bit short

what u guys think?
not sure how your usage is. in terms of planning, theres going to be more data intensive apps going forward .

i had 5gb and would usually hover around 6gb on average but now i dont have to think about saving my data which is nice
Aug 28, 2015
31 posts
4 upvotes
Brampton
ProjecT84 wrote:
Sep 29th, 2017 5:49 pm
not sure how your usage is. in terms of planning, theres going to be more data intensive apps going forward .

i had 5gb and would usually hover around 6gb on average but now i dont have to think about saving my data which is nice
yeah, that was my problem, if it were 6gb I would of took it but 5 is cutting it close for me

I was looking to get a phone plan but nothing worth changing
Apr 13, 2017
392 posts
243 upvotes
Toronto
Rob76 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 8:31 pm
Thanks for the link. I'll give it a shot when our new plans kick in.
Hey, did you end up finding out if it works or not? I also just switched both of mine lines, i'm wondering if i can activate Spotify for one line now and then the next line 6 month later.
Thanks for the upvote! 😁
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1701 posts
212 upvotes
Red Deer
CelusC wrote:
Oct 1st, 2017 12:03 am
Hey, did you end up finding out if it works or not? I also just switched both of mine lines, i'm wondering if i can activate Spotify for one line now and then the next line 6 month later.
I'm going to assume it'll work but unfortunately I won't know for sure till my 6 month ends. The rep confirmed to me that I don't have to activate Spotify premium on my wife's line right away, she can do it anytime.

I'm new to Spotify so I had to first set up my own account but then activating the 6 month premium through Fido's website was cumbersome to say the least - I ended up calling in to CS who talked me through it. The rep told me that I have to remember to cancel my premium in 6months otherwise I get charged the $9.99 through Fido (on the 7th month).

At that time I plan to activate my wife's 6 months premium but I'm unsure exactly how to go about that to make it work on my device instead of hers, as in, do I create her own Spotify account or can I link mine for another 6months...is Spotify through Fido tied to a cell number/device or not etc... I might just play it safe and create her own Spotify account and activate premium on it, then just sign in on my device with her Spotify account credentials.
Nov 13, 2016
105 posts
35 upvotes
Montreal
Not exactly a retention query but regarding a fido upgrade

My friend has a Fido Max plan with Device protection and he is currently getting fido amabassador discount (he is no longer an employee) and the net after discount comes around 55$ (including tax)

He has a device upgrade offer from next month, so i am thinking of using that to purchase a 8plus / x. However we are scared if the upgrade will trigger a plan change and have his ambassador discount invalidated. Can someone help how device upgrades work now ? And details on maximum discount with max plan (currently large tab have 700$ off from retail price) ?

Any risks involved in this route ? Mitigation tips etc pls :)
I spent and earn with Public Mobile, Koodo, Fido, AmEx etc | Sharing is Caring ;)
Apr 13, 2017
392 posts
243 upvotes
Toronto
Rob76 wrote:
Oct 1st, 2017 1:39 pm
I'm going to assume it'll work but unfortunately I won't know for sure till my 6 month ends. The rep confirmed to me that I don't have to activate Spotify premium on my wife's line right away, she can do it anytime.

I'm new to Spotify so I had to first set up my own account but then activating the 6 month premium through Fido's website was cumbersome to say the least - I ended up calling in to CS who talked me through it. The rep told me that I have to remember to cancel my premium in 6months otherwise I get charged the $9.99 through Fido (on the 7th month).

At that time I plan to activate my wife's 6 months premium but I'm unsure exactly how to go about that to make it work on my device instead of hers, as in, do I create her own Spotify account or can I link mine for another 6months...is Spotify through Fido tied to a cell number/device or not etc... I might just play it safe and create her own Spotify account and activate premium on it, then just sign in on my device with her Spotify account credentials.
Thanks for the info Smiling Face With Open Mouth

I did some digging around and looks like you have to make a new account... aww sucks.
http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumto ... 46/page/19
Thanks for the upvote! 😁
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2012
1134 posts
159 upvotes
Montreal
Rob76 wrote:
Oct 1st, 2017 5:47 pm
That’s good to know. So I guess I’ll sign up for a new Spotify account for the second 6 months. A little inconvenient but not a huge deal.
Starting up with a new account will give you access to any new offers that Fido is offering with their plans, but you'll have to choose from new in market plans that Fido is offering, with any changes in priding as well, if you're old plan is good pricing, make sure it's worth it for you to give it up and switch to a new price plan.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1701 posts
212 upvotes
Red Deer
gogoblender wrote:
Oct 1st, 2017 6:03 pm
Starting up with a new account will give you access to any new offers that Fido is offering with their plans, but you'll have to choose from new in market plans that Fido is offering, with any changes in priding as well, if you're old plan is good pricing, make sure it's worth it for you to give it up and switch to a new price plan.
In my post I was referring to setting up a new Spotify account, not a new Fido mobile account. We have two Fido pulse lines so we get two six months Spotify premium, one on each line. Since my wife doesn’t want to use hers, I just wanted to use her six months after mine is over, if that makes sense.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

guru2gr8, Smoo