Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Fido] Fido - Retention Plans

Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2005
2128 posts
90 upvotes
Fido just called me and offered me the following as a loyalty plan.

Loyalty Plan Initial Offer

$90 - 6GB Data
Unlimited Calling
Fido Roam
Mini Voicemail
Call Display
5 Hour Databytes FREE

I said not good enough so lady offered 10gb for the same price. Did I make out okay? I'll post screenshots of the agreement when I get them sent to my email.
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8
Gigabyte Z170X
32GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 3400
Asus Strix 1080 GTX
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2
Asus ROG Swift PG348Q
Aug 28, 2015
56 posts
6 upvotes
Brampton
jdmkidd wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 11:39 am
Fido just called me and offered me the following as a loyalty plan.

Loyalty Plan Initial Offer

$90 - 6GB Data
Unlimited Calling
Fido Roam
Mini Voicemail
Call Display
5 Hour Databytes FREE

I said not good enough so lady offered 10gb for the same price. Did I make out okay? I'll post screenshots of the agreement when I get them sent to my email.
Is that with a phone?
May 25, 2011
182 posts
13 upvotes
Bc
I have old grandfather $45 500MB with $5 discount
Small tab

Is there anything better available in BC?
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2012
1273 posts
194 upvotes
Montreal
QritTiKaL wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 7:36 pm
I have old grandfather $45 500MB with $5 discount
Small tab

Is there anything better available in BC?
You should call in and ask customer service
offers are personalized, as there are hardly any "general" retention plans anymore
They will be able to tell you what you're elligible for depending on how much you spend, if you're on a contract, your usage etc
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2005
2128 posts
90 upvotes
stevemiana wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 4:11 pm
Is that with a phone?
24 months, Google Pixel XL 32GB. I already have a pixel and probably not going to switch providers so I'll just sell it.
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8
Gigabyte Z170X
32GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 3400
Asus Strix 1080 GTX
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2
Asus ROG Swift PG348Q
Aug 28, 2015
56 posts
6 upvotes
Brampton
jdmkidd wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 10:14 am
24 months, Google Pixel XL 32GB. I already have a pixel and probably not going to switch providers so I'll just sell it.

how much u pay for the phone
Jul 28, 2009
53 posts
4 upvotes
My wife was offered 10Gb for $80 a month ago but we didn't want to go from $65 6Gb to a $80. Called them yesterday and now all the plans are ridiculously stupid.
Jul 28, 2009
53 posts
4 upvotes
Is there any 6 Gb unlimited talk and text plans for $50/$60 ? Need a new phone as well.
thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2012
1273 posts
194 upvotes
Montreal
byczatko wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 4:04 am
Is there any 6 Gb unlimited talk and text plans for $50/$60 ? Need a new phone as well.
thanks
Which province
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
1906 posts
828 upvotes
Vancouver
I am due for renewal by Dec, and let me get this right.. there are no more X dollar retention plans, and all the offerings are based on the account status?

I really want to stick with Rogers because where I am, Telus and Bell are bad (work is Bell and wife is Telus), and I get the extended coverage with Rogers.
Feb 21, 2017
27 posts
1 upvote
I'm in a similar boat as above, as wife's and my contracts are up in November.

Just called to see what I could get via online chat (1st shot before calling into retentions closer to black Friday), and the "best" they could offer was the $100 loyalty plan for both of us.

- Unlimited Canada-wide anytime calls
- 10 GB (over usage: $7/100 MB)
- Unlimited text/picture/video msgs from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international cells
- Call Display (Number only)
- Mini Voicemail (max 3 msgs, can be upgraded to 35 msgs)
- Circle Calling™
- Fido Roam™
- Discover Spotify for up to 6 months
- 5 FREE hours of data (1 hour, 5 times per billing cycle) with Data Bytes™

I should mention that this also includes 2 new phones (iphone 7 only, 256GB), @ $279 each.

The problem is that we're currently paying MUCH less for our 6GB and 3GB plans (mine and wifes respectively), at only $150 per month combined. We'd be paying over $1700 more over the life of the 24 month contract (excluding phones). YUCK.

Hopefully I can do a LOT better in round 2.
Mar 2, 2003
22 posts
Ontario
I'm in Ontario and with Rogers now and can't get any Fido sales rep to offer me anything other than the plans on the website to switch to Fido. No discounts, nothing. I've tried playing dumb and I've tried saying "my friend just switched and got this plan..." and it makes no difference. The last sales rep basically called me a liar and said "I've never heard of anyone with that plan in 20 years with Fido".

Is there any way to switch to Fido without paying the regular prices on the website like a chump? I'm hoping for something in the $50-$60 range with around 4 GB of data.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
1906 posts
828 upvotes
Vancouver
jonassimpson wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 12:17 pm
I'm in Ontario and with Rogers now and can't get any Fido sales rep to offer me anything other than the plans on the website to switch to Fido. No discounts, nothing. I've tried playing dumb and I've tried saying "my friend just switched and got this plan..." and it makes no difference. The last sales rep basically called me a liar and said "I've never heard of anyone with that plan in 20 years with Fido".

Is there any way to switch to Fido without paying the regular prices on the website like a chump? I'm hoping for something in the $50-$60 range with around 4 GB of data.
I suspect there will be promo being run over the course of next 2 months (BF, Christmas)... and if you are new, you probably have to stay month to month a a few months before asking for deals.
Oct 4, 2017
2 posts
1 upvote
Hey ppl,

I was offered the following plan when I had a livechat with a Fido rep. I guess this is similar to what was offered for a few other people in this thread.

The plan is $50/Month and includes:
• 3GB
• Unlimited Canada-wide minutes
• Unlimited text, picture and video messages from Canada to Canadian, US and international numbers
• Call Display
• Call Waiting
• Circle Calling
• Mini Voicemail
• 5 dollars per 250MB when you go over the data included with your plan.

This is for Ontario BTW.
I was on a 65$ BYOD plan and it was pretty much similar to what I was offered, except for databytes,roam and spotify.