Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Fido] Fido - Retention Plans

Feb 21, 2017
25 posts
1 upvote
I'm in a similar boat as above, as wife's and my contracts are up in November.

Just called to see what I could get via online chat (1st shot before calling into retentions closer to black Friday), and the "best" they could offer was the $100 loyalty plan for both of us.

- Unlimited Canada-wide anytime calls
- 10 GB (over usage: $7/100 MB)
- Unlimited text/picture/video msgs from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international cells
- Call Display (Number only)
- Mini Voicemail (max 3 msgs, can be upgraded to 35 msgs)
- Circle Calling™
- Fido Roam™
- Discover Spotify for up to 6 months
- 5 FREE hours of data (1 hour, 5 times per billing cycle) with Data Bytes™

I should mention that this also includes 2 new phones (iphone 7 only, 256GB), @ $279 each.

The problem is that we're currently paying MUCH less for our 6GB and 3GB plans (mine and wifes respectively), at only $150 per month combined. We'd be paying over $1700 more over the life of the 24 month contract (excluding phones). YUCK.

Hopefully I can do a LOT better in round 2.
Mar 2, 2003
22 posts
Ontario
I'm in Ontario and with Rogers now and can't get any Fido sales rep to offer me anything other than the plans on the website to switch to Fido. No discounts, nothing. I've tried playing dumb and I've tried saying "my friend just switched and got this plan..." and it makes no difference. The last sales rep basically called me a liar and said "I've never heard of anyone with that plan in 20 years with Fido".

Is there any way to switch to Fido without paying the regular prices on the website like a chump? I'm hoping for something in the $50-$60 range with around 4 GB of data.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
1634 posts
692 upvotes
Vancouver
jonassimpson wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 12:17 pm
I'm in Ontario and with Rogers now and can't get any Fido sales rep to offer me anything other than the plans on the website to switch to Fido. No discounts, nothing. I've tried playing dumb and I've tried saying "my friend just switched and got this plan..." and it makes no difference. The last sales rep basically called me a liar and said "I've never heard of anyone with that plan in 20 years with Fido".

Is there any way to switch to Fido without paying the regular prices on the website like a chump? I'm hoping for something in the $50-$60 range with around 4 GB of data.
I suspect there will be promo being run over the course of next 2 months (BF, Christmas)... and if you are new, you probably have to stay month to month a a few months before asking for deals.
Oct 4, 2017
2 posts
1 upvote
Hey ppl,

I was offered the following plan when I had a livechat with a Fido rep. I guess this is similar to what was offered for a few other people in this thread.

The plan is $50/Month and includes:
• 3GB
• Unlimited Canada-wide minutes
• Unlimited text, picture and video messages from Canada to Canadian, US and international numbers
• Call Display
• Call Waiting
• Circle Calling
• Mini Voicemail
• 5 dollars per 250MB when you go over the data included with your plan.

This is for Ontario BTW.
I was on a 65$ BYOD plan and it was pretty much similar to what I was offered, except for databytes,roam and spotify.
Jul 28, 2009
53 posts
4 upvotes
After only 5 min conversation with the rep and crazy $95 offers we just placed a cancellation notice for the end of the month that is when our cycle ends. Rep wouldn't even transfer us over to retention just told me that there is no better plans available and he will be happy to cancel the services for us. Been with them since 1999 and was always able to negotiate something better than posted rates. Not this time.
I guess we can thank our gov for making it "better" with a 2 year contracts.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2047 posts
445 upvotes
What's the best data-less plan anyone has been offered?

I'm paying $40 with tax for
500 daytime
E/W 5pm-7am
voicemail light, caller ID, call forwarding
unlimited text, pic and video msg CAN & US

I'm wondering if I can knock it down $5-$10.
Jan 5, 2016
5 posts
1 upvote
Burnaby, BC
Other than finding additional (one-time) credits; I find it pointless calling the retention department to find *Loyalty Plans* these days. We have the same access to Exclusive Plans when you click on the Change Plan option. After weeks of getting denied the $75 10GB plan, it suddenly appeared in my options. Those who keep getting denied; be patient and keep an eye for this exclusive plans in your *Change Plan* option. BTW... I’m from B.C.
Jan 5, 2017
65 posts
20 upvotes
PETA2016 wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 2:00 pm
Other than finding additional (one-time) credits; I find it pointless calling the retention department to find *Loyalty Plans* these days. We have the same access to Exclusive Plans when you click on the Change Plan option. After weeks of getting denied the $75 10GB plan, it suddenly appeared in my options. Those who keep getting denied; be patient and keep an eye for this exclusive plans in your *Change Plan* option. BTW... I’m from B.C.
That’s what I’m hoping for.
Calling in is a waste of time.
Sep 11, 2009
294 posts
20 upvotes
Thornhill
So, I switched from my $50 loyalty 1gb plan to the $65 6 gb plan a month ago , however the 10% that was on my $50 plan didn't carry over to the $65 plan. The rep who switched me via chat said the 10% would carry over and I agreed to switch under that condition.
Now fido is saying they can't add the 10% to loyalty plans and if I switch back to the $50 plan I can't get the 10% that was on there before.
Any suggestions on what to do? I k ow it's only a matter of $6.50 but it's annoying when fido says one thing and does another
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
1628 posts
453 upvotes
Mississauga
SizzleChest wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 1:47 pm
What's the best data-less plan anyone has been offered?

I'm paying $40 with tax for
500 daytime
E/W 5pm-7am
voicemail light, caller ID, call forwarding
unlimited text, pic and video msg CAN & US

I'm wondering if I can knock it down $5-$10.
What province? Ontario has this plan as BYOP for $30. Its the home page.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2047 posts
445 upvotes
bubuski wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 9:19 pm
What province? Ontario has this plan as BYOP for $30. Its the home page.
BC. Looks like the same plan is available here and seems that it's the current plan that I'm on. My bill just went from $30 to $35 per month + tax, I guess because the 24 month $5/month credit has expired. This was a retention plan when I first switched over to it.
Feb 16, 2017
85 posts
68 upvotes
rmtrmt wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 5:49 pm
So, I switched from my $50 loyalty 1gb plan to the $65 6 gb plan a month ago , however the 10% that was on my $50 plan didn't carry over to the $65 plan. The rep who switched me via chat said the 10% would carry over and I agreed to switch under that condition.
Now fido is saying they can't add the 10% to loyalty plans and if I switch back to the $50 plan I can't get the 10% that was on there before.
Any suggestions on what to do? I k ow it's only a matter of $6.50 but it's annoying when fido says one thing and does another
Try calling again and explain your problem. Some reps can do certain things that other reps can't. If the rep says they can't then it's likely that they really can't and you just need to try a different rep. Fido has very bad consistency in their CS and sometimes it works out to your benefit, sometimes it backfires.
Sep 11, 2009
294 posts
20 upvotes
Thornhill
wwkk624 wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 1:10 am
Try calling again and explain your problem. Some reps can do certain things that other reps can't. If the rep says they can't then it's likely that they really can't and you just need to try a different rep. Fido has very bad consistency in their CS and sometimes it works out to your benefit, sometimes it backfires.
Thanks.
I reached out to Fido through facebook chat and after a lot of back and forth they now say they are able to put me back on my $50 plan with the 10% off. They also credited one month service for the inconvenience.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2047 posts
445 upvotes
rmtrmt wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 1:44 am
Thanks.
I reached out to Fido through facebook chat and after a lot of back and forth they now say they are able to put me back on my $50 plan with the 10% off. They also credited one month service for the inconvenience.
Did they give any reason why they were originally not able to give you the 10% off? I was told it had something to do with the CRTC wireless code so I didn't push back, but if you are still able to get it, I may have to call in again. How long have you been getting the 10% off discount? Thanks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)