Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Fido] Fido - Retention Plans

Nov 25, 2013
99 posts
44 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
rmtrmt wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 3:37 pm
Go through the facebook messenger method. From what I understand, the people on there are managers. It wouldn't hurt to throw in the words "disappointed" and "frustrated" in there to help describe your case.
This. With live chat and on phone they offered me $70/month plan for 1 GB data+ i had to give a $50 down for samsung s7.

With facebook messenger, they person offered me the same but $55/month plan which was a good discount imo.
Sep 11, 2009
319 posts
25 upvotes
Thornhill
SeeNonRuns wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 4:30 pm
This. With live chat and on phone they offered me $70/month plan for 1 GB data+ i had to give a $50 down for samsung s7.

With facebook messenger, they person offered me the same but $55/month plan which was a good discount imo.
This was a medium plan?
Apr 9, 2010
999 posts
670 upvotes
Toronto
rmtrmt wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 3:37 pm
Go through the facebook messenger method. From what I understand, the people on there are managers. It wouldn't hurt to throw in the words "disappointed" and "frustrated" in there to help describe your case.
I've had the opposite experience with Facebook. They take a long time to answer, the person switches on you frequently which restarts the conversation, and they do not always have access to the loyalty plans. They were definitely not managers, some said they had to talk to their managers and came back with answers that I knew were untrue (i.e. the $55 for 6gb does not exist at all).

I've had success using live chat though.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 25, 2003
5159 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
I have a bunch of lines with Fido for different members, couple of them got the 75 for 10gb. I called a nice lady offered me if I come back for 3 months a market price plan, and after they will put me on the 75 for 10gb. I called later to confirm , another rep was like wow wtf. we can’t do that but it is documented in there so it will have to be applied to you if you come back . Tried to get them to apply it right when I come back but no go they said it’ll be after 3 months. So I’m thinking of swallowing the 115 a month (minus 10% ) for 3 months and getting the 10gb for 75 after. I’m with the Koodo 6gb but I’m finding with Fido and Rogers when I was with , the service coverage where I am was far more superior. I have one bar with it in my apartment near Vic Park and Shepard . No to very low 3G service indoors and such. I mean 6gb for 49 is good but I do enjoy a lot of music and I feel 6gb i limit myself to internet use. No wifi or at least crappy where I work.

Can I transfer my koodo plan to someone you guys think ? Or once I port it out to Fido it’s over .
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2012
1273 posts
194 upvotes
Montreal
HughG wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 3:35 am

Can I transfer my koodo plan to someone you guys think ? Or once I port it out to Fido it’s over .
unfortunately you wont be able to use your Koodoo number with Fido. You can, however, port your number in and use it with Fido if your phone is unlocked. Fido always has new plans going up, call and check. There may be a good BringYourOwnPhone plan that may suite you
Apr 9, 2010
999 posts
670 upvotes
Toronto
HughG wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 3:35 am
I have a bunch of lines with Fido for different members, couple of them got the 75 for 10gb. I called a nice lady offered me if I come back for 3 months a market price plan, and after they will put me on the 75 for 10gb. I called later to confirm , another rep was like wow wtf. we can’t do that but it is documented in there so it will have to be applied to you if you come back . Tried to get them to apply it right when I come back but no go they said it’ll be after 3 months. So I’m thinking of swallowing the 115 a month (minus 10% ) for 3 months and getting the 10gb for 75 after. I’m with the Koodo 6gb but I’m finding with Fido and Rogers when I was with , the service coverage where I am was far more superior. I have one bar with it in my apartment near Vic Park and Shepard . No to very low 3G service indoors and such. I mean 6gb for 49 is good but I do enjoy a lot of music and I feel 6gb i limit myself to internet use. No wifi or at least crappy where I work.

gogoblender wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 6:56 am

unfortunately you wont be able to use your Koodoo number with Fido. You can, however, port your number in and use it with Fido if your phone is unlocked. Fido always has new plans going up, call and check. There may be a good BringYourOwnPhone plan that may suite you
You can port your number to Fido and it cancels your Koodo plan. I don't think you can transfer it after you take your number to Fido.

I think gogoblender meant is that you can't use your locked Koodo phone, but there shouldn't be a problem porting your actual number.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 25, 2003
5159 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
silverele wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 7:47 am
You can port your number to Fido and it cancels your Koodo plan. I don't think you can transfer it after you take your number to Fido.

I think gogoblender meant is that you can't use your locked Koodo phone, but there shouldn't be a problem porting your actual number.
That’s what I was wondering exactly I can’t put another number on my existing plan when I move to Fido.
Feb 10, 2012
70 posts
2 upvotes
So I got offered the $50 for 3GB plan which was around a while back, BUT..this plan is without the Pulse and Spotify. Not sure if I should go for it. Freedom Mobile's 6GB for $40 seem tempting too.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 25, 2003
5159 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
has anyone else experienced with the Koodo service, crappy service indoors ? Unless its just my area, i know even when i gave Telus a try it was the same that it was very bad indoors like hanging up and dropping calls. Thats one of the main reasons i guess I'm going back to fido. 6 gigs for 49 is a sweet deal that i guess I'm gonna have to give up .

10 gb for 75 won't be bad compared to whats on the market now.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2296 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
HughG wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 6:40 pm
has anyone else experienced with the Koodo service, crappy service indoors ? Unless its just my area, i know even when i gave Telus a try it was the same that it was very bad indoors like hanging up and dropping calls. Thats one of the main reasons i guess I'm going back to fido. 6 gigs for 49 is a sweet deal that i guess I'm gonna have to give up .

10 gb for 75 won't be bad compared to whats on the market now.
What phone are you using? My experience is the opposite. It's better indoors than Rogers.

You can check and see where the closest cell tower is to you areas that visit you. https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html Filter it to Bell+Telus if you are in the east.
Aug 29, 2017
71 posts
16 upvotes
What deals can we expect for Black Friday this year? I hope Public Mobile does a $45 4gb deal so Fido can match!
Jan 3, 2013
6 posts
RICHMOND HILL
I went through live chat with Fido yesterday to ask about a plan I got offered via email ($65 for 6GB on a 2-year term), but it was a contract offer, which I didn't need, so they offered a better BYOD plan for both my main line and my husband's line (see details below). I've been with Fido for over 4 years now and my husband has been with them for a couple of years. The plan kicks in next billing cycle on Nov 3. I had 10% discounts on both my lines, but was told both of those would be removed once I switched over to this plan. I believe they are now removing 10% discounts with any retention plan you switch over to. I've asked a few times for previous offers I've gotten and have been told the same every time.

It's a $55 BYOD Pulse Plan with the following:
- Unlimited Canada-wide anytime calls
- 6 GB (over usage: $7/100 MB)
- Unlimited text/picture/video msgs from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international cells
- Call Display (Number only)
- Mini Voicemail (max 3 msgs, can be upgraded to 35 msgs)
- Circle Calling™
- Fido Roam™
- Discover Spotify for up to 6 months
- 5 FREE hours of data (1 hour, 5 times per billing cycle) with Data Bytes™

Looks like they have this retention plan going on right now so it might be worth a try if the price and data looks good to you.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2012
1273 posts
194 upvotes
Montreal
stryker09 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 2:44 pm
So I got offered the $50 for 3GB plan which was around a while back, BUT..this plan is without the Pulse and Spotify. Not sure if I should go for it. Freedom Mobile's 6GB for $40 seem tempting too.
Pulse plans come with some cool extras

5 hours of unlimited data per month
spotify premium for six months from day you activate it
and Fido Roam... which lets you use your Fido plan in the states for 6 bucks a day, unlimited talking, texting and your plan's data use... and 10 per day in all supported countries, up to a max of 10 days per billing cycle.
If you go to the states or plan on traveling, Fido Roam is invaluable
Feb 21, 2017
27 posts
1 upvote
tiffanyto wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 1:09 pm
I went through live chat with Fido yesterday to ask about a plan I got offered via email ($65 for 6GB on a 2-year term), but it was a contract offer, which I didn't need, so they offered a better BYOD plan for both my main line and my husband's line (see details below). I've been with Fido for over 4 years now and my husband has been with them for a couple of years. The plan kicks in next billing cycle on Nov 3. I had 10% discounts on both my lines, but was told both of those would be removed once I switched over to this plan. I believe they are now removing 10% discounts with any retention plan you switch over to. I've asked a few times for previous offers I've gotten and have been told the same every time.

It's a $55 BYOD Pulse Plan with the following:
- Unlimited Canada-wide anytime calls
- 6 GB (over usage: $7/100 MB)
- Unlimited text/picture/video msgs from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international cells
- Call Display (Number only)
- Mini Voicemail (max 3 msgs, can be upgraded to 35 msgs)
- Circle Calling™
- Fido Roam™
- Discover Spotify for up to 6 months
- 5 FREE hours of data (1 hour, 5 times per billing cycle) with Data Bytes™

Looks like they have this retention plan going on right now so it might be worth a try if the price and data looks good to you.
You must have been one of the fortunate ones with a targeted account. I tried to get the same via Fido Chat (telling them that friends had been offered the $55/6GB and $65/6GB deals), and the best I was offered was a $90/10GB plan as my account has not been selected for the other offers.

Now, while this is certainly better than Fido's initial offer of $100/10GB, it's still nowhere close to where it needs to be.

Bring on Black Friday!