Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Fido] Fido - Retention Plans

Sep 11, 2009
294 posts
20 upvotes
Thornhill
SizzleChest wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 5:25 pm
Did they give any reason why they were originally not able to give you the 10% off? I was told it had something to do with the CRTC wireless code so I didn't push back, but if you are still able to get it, I may have to call in again. How long have you been getting the 10% off discount? Thanks.
They said they sent a request in and that "it will work this time". I'll find out on October 26th since they only go through these requests once or twice a month (this made no sense to me ...but it didnt really matter)

I was on the $50 plan +10% off for 2-3 years. I think the only reason they budged was that I had it in writing (from the live chat) that the rep said the new $65 plan would also have the 10% off. I kept on going on about how this was misinformation and how I did not authorize the switch unless the 10% got transfered over.

I know I gave up a pretty good 6GB plan, but I can live with 1GB of data (especially since the plan comes with data bytes now). To me its not worth the extra $240 per year.
Nov 25, 2013
87 posts
39 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Hello, yesterday i just upgraded my phone plan to $55/month 1GB data + unlim calling/text on a $50 down on a Samsung Galaxy S7 (2 year tab), this has no data bytes/spotify 6 months free

I got this plan from their Facebook messenger service btw.
Feb 21, 2017
25 posts
1 upvote
Well, round 2 went even worse.

After I did a live chat with a Fido rep just to make sure that we wouldn't lose our cell service once the term of our contracts ended, I politely enquired about a BYOD loyalty plan (as the $100/month 10GB plan I was offered previously was much too pricey over the 2 year term).

I thought I may be able to score a $50 to $55 per month plan with 6GB data...I was basically told to check the website, and that there were no BYOD loyalty plans.

Not sure what others experiences have been like, but Fido's really starting to go down the shitter in terms of trying to keep their customers happy.

I'm thinking the best solution will be to keep an eye out on Black Friday for some BYOD plans and then buy the unlocked phones right from Apple. I hate the idea of shelling out almost $2K for 2 new iphones (7's, not 8's or X's), BUT, if it keeps my 2 year payment amount lower, than it might be the way to go.
Sep 11, 2009
294 posts
20 upvotes
Thornhill
ScottL79 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 2:58 pm
Well, round 2 went even worse.

After I did a live chat with a Fido rep just to make sure that we wouldn't lose our cell service once the term of our contracts ended, I politely enquired about a BYOD loyalty plan (as the $100/month 10GB plan I was offered previously was much too pricey over the 2 year term).

I thought I may be able to score a $50 to $55 per month plan with 6GB data...I was basically told to check the website, and that there were no BYOD loyalty plans.

Not sure what others experiences have been like, but Fido's really starting to go down the shitter in terms of trying to keep their customers happy.

I'm thinking the best solution will be to keep an eye out on Black Friday for some BYOD plans and then buy the unlocked phones right from Apple. I hate the idea of shelling out almost $2K for 2 new iphones (7's, not 8's or X's), BUT, if it keeps my 2 year payment amount lower, than it might be the way to go.
Go through the facebook messenger method. From what I understand, the people on there are managers. It wouldn't hurt to throw in the words "disappointed" and "frustrated" in there to help describe your case.
Nov 25, 2013
87 posts
39 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
rmtrmt wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 3:37 pm
Go through the facebook messenger method. From what I understand, the people on there are managers. It wouldn't hurt to throw in the words "disappointed" and "frustrated" in there to help describe your case.
This. With live chat and on phone they offered me $70/month plan for 1 GB data+ i had to give a $50 down for samsung s7.

With facebook messenger, they person offered me the same but $55/month plan which was a good discount imo.
Sep 11, 2009
294 posts
20 upvotes
Thornhill
SeeNonRuns wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 4:30 pm
This. With live chat and on phone they offered me $70/month plan for 1 GB data+ i had to give a $50 down for samsung s7.

With facebook messenger, they person offered me the same but $55/month plan which was a good discount imo.
This was a medium plan?
Apr 9, 2010
435 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
rmtrmt wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 3:37 pm
I've had the opposite experience with Facebook. They take a long time to answer, the person switches on you frequently which restarts the conversation, and they do not always have access to the loyalty plans. They were definitely not managers, some said they had to talk to their managers and came back with answers that I knew were untrue (i.e. the $55 for 6gb does not exist at all).

I've had success using live chat though.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 25, 2003
5100 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
I have a bunch of lines with Fido for different members, couple of them got the 75 for 10gb. I called a nice lady offered me if I come back for 3 months a market price plan, and after they will put me on the 75 for 10gb. I called later to confirm , another rep was like wow wtf. we can’t do that but it is documented in there so it will have to be applied to you if you come back . Tried to get them to apply it right when I come back but no go they said it’ll be after 3 months. So I’m thinking of swallowing the 115 a month (minus 10% ) for 3 months and getting the 10gb for 75 after. I’m with the Koodo 6gb but I’m finding with Fido and Rogers when I was with , the service coverage where I am was far more superior. I have one bar with it in my apartment near Vic Park and Shepard . No to very low 3G service indoors and such. I mean 6gb for 49 is good but I do enjoy a lot of music and I feel 6gb i limit myself to internet use. No wifi or at least crappy where I work.

Can I transfer my koodo plan to someone you guys think ? Or once I port it out to Fido it’s over .
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2012
1166 posts
165 upvotes
Montreal
HughG wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 3:35 am

Can I transfer my koodo plan to someone you guys think ? Or once I port it out to Fido it’s over .
unfortunately you wont be able to use your Koodoo number with Fido. You can, however, port your number in and use it with Fido if your phone is unlocked. Fido always has new plans going up, call and check. There may be a good BringYourOwnPhone plan that may suite you
Apr 9, 2010
435 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
HughG wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 3:35 am
I have a bunch of lines with Fido for different members, couple of them got the 75 for 10gb. I called a nice lady offered me if I come back for 3 months a market price plan, and after they will put me on the 75 for 10gb. I called later to confirm , another rep was like wow wtf. we can’t do that but it is documented in there so it will have to be applied to you if you come back . Tried to get them to apply it right when I come back but no go they said it’ll be after 3 months. So I’m thinking of swallowing the 115 a month (minus 10% ) for 3 months and getting the 10gb for 75 after. I’m with the Koodo 6gb but I’m finding with Fido and Rogers when I was with , the service coverage where I am was far more superior. I have one bar with it in my apartment near Vic Park and Shepard . No to very low 3G service indoors and such. I mean 6gb for 49 is good but I do enjoy a lot of music and I feel 6gb i limit myself to internet use. No wifi or at least crappy where I work.

gogoblender wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 6:56 am

unfortunately you wont be able to use your Koodoo number with Fido. You can, however, port your number in and use it with Fido if your phone is unlocked. Fido always has new plans going up, call and check. There may be a good BringYourOwnPhone plan that may suite you
You can port your number to Fido and it cancels your Koodo plan. I don't think you can transfer it after you take your number to Fido.

I think gogoblender meant is that you can't use your locked Koodo phone, but there shouldn't be a problem porting your actual number.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 25, 2003
5100 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
silverele wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 7:47 am
You can port your number to Fido and it cancels your Koodo plan. I don't think you can transfer it after you take your number to Fido.

I think gogoblender meant is that you can't use your locked Koodo phone, but there shouldn't be a problem porting your actual number.
That’s what I was wondering exactly I can’t put another number on my existing plan when I move to Fido.
Feb 10, 2012
69 posts
2 upvotes
So I got offered the $50 for 3GB plan which was around a while back, BUT..this plan is without the Pulse and Spotify. Not sure if I should go for it. Freedom Mobile's 6GB for $40 seem tempting too.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 25, 2003
5100 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
has anyone else experienced with the Koodo service, crappy service indoors ? Unless its just my area, i know even when i gave Telus a try it was the same that it was very bad indoors like hanging up and dropping calls. Thats one of the main reasons i guess I'm going back to fido. 6 gigs for 49 is a sweet deal that i guess I'm gonna have to give up .

10 gb for 75 won't be bad compared to whats on the market now.