[Fido] Fido - Retention Plans

Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
1981 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
HughG wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 6:40 pm
has anyone else experienced with the Koodo service, crappy service indoors ? Unless its just my area, i know even when i gave Telus a try it was the same that it was very bad indoors like hanging up and dropping calls. Thats one of the main reasons i guess I'm going back to fido. 6 gigs for 49 is a sweet deal that i guess I'm gonna have to give up .

10 gb for 75 won't be bad compared to whats on the market now.
What phone are you using? My experience is the opposite. It's better indoors than Rogers.

You can check and see where the closest cell tower is to you areas that visit you. https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html Filter it to Bell+Telus if you are in the east.
Aug 29, 2017
2 posts
What deals can we expect for Black Friday this year? I hope Public Mobile does a $45 4gb deal so Fido can match!
Jan 3, 2013
4 posts
RICHMOND HILL
I went through live chat with Fido yesterday to ask about a plan I got offered via email ($65 for 6GB on a 2-year term), but it was a contract offer, which I didn't need, so they offered a better BYOD plan for both my main line and my husband's line (see details below). I've been with Fido for over 4 years now and my husband has been with them for a couple of years. The plan kicks in next billing cycle on Nov 3. I had 10% discounts on both my lines, but was told both of those would be removed once I switched over to this plan. I believe they are now removing 10% discounts with any retention plan you switch over to. I've asked a few times for previous offers I've gotten and have been told the same every time.

It's a $55 BYOD Pulse Plan with the following:
- Unlimited Canada-wide anytime calls
- 6 GB (over usage: $7/100 MB)
- Unlimited text/picture/video msgs from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international cells
- Call Display (Number only)
- Mini Voicemail (max 3 msgs, can be upgraded to 35 msgs)
- Circle Calling™
- Fido Roam™
- Discover Spotify for up to 6 months
- 5 FREE hours of data (1 hour, 5 times per billing cycle) with Data Bytes™

Looks like they have this retention plan going on right now so it might be worth a try if the price and data looks good to you.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2012
1135 posts
159 upvotes
Montreal
stryker09 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 2:44 pm
So I got offered the $50 for 3GB plan which was around a while back, BUT..this plan is without the Pulse and Spotify. Not sure if I should go for it. Freedom Mobile's 6GB for $40 seem tempting too.
Pulse plans come with some cool extras

5 hours of unlimited data per month
spotify premium for six months from day you activate it
and Fido Roam... which lets you use your Fido plan in the states for 6 bucks a day, unlimited talking, texting and your plan's data use... and 10 per day in all supported countries, up to a max of 10 days per billing cycle.
If you go to the states or plan on traveling, Fido Roam is invaluable
Feb 21, 2017
11 posts
1 upvote
tiffanyto wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 1:09 pm
I went through live chat with Fido yesterday to ask about a plan I got offered via email ($65 for 6GB on a 2-year term), but it was a contract offer, which I didn't need, so they offered a better BYOD plan for both my main line and my husband's line (see details below). I've been with Fido for over 4 years now and my husband has been with them for a couple of years. The plan kicks in next billing cycle on Nov 3. I had 10% discounts on both my lines, but was told both of those would be removed once I switched over to this plan. I believe they are now removing 10% discounts with any retention plan you switch over to. I've asked a few times for previous offers I've gotten and have been told the same every time.

It's a $55 BYOD Pulse Plan with the following:
- Unlimited Canada-wide anytime calls
- 6 GB (over usage: $7/100 MB)
- Unlimited text/picture/video msgs from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international cells
- Call Display (Number only)
- Mini Voicemail (max 3 msgs, can be upgraded to 35 msgs)
- Circle Calling™
- Fido Roam™
- Discover Spotify for up to 6 months
- 5 FREE hours of data (1 hour, 5 times per billing cycle) with Data Bytes™

Looks like they have this retention plan going on right now so it might be worth a try if the price and data looks good to you.
You must have been one of the fortunate ones with a targeted account. I tried to get the same via Fido Chat (telling them that friends had been offered the $55/6GB and $65/6GB deals), and the best I was offered was a $90/10GB plan as my account has not been selected for the other offers.

Now, while this is certainly better than Fido's initial offer of $100/10GB, it's still nowhere close to where it needs to be.

Bring on Black Friday!
Jan 3, 2013
4 posts
RICHMOND HILL
ScottL79 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 5:00 pm
You must have been one of the fortunate ones with a targeted account. I tried to get the same via Fido Chat (telling them that friends had been offered the $55/6GB and $65/6GB deals), and the best I was offered was a $90/10GB plan as my account has not been selected for the other offers.

Now, while this is certainly better than Fido's initial offer of $100/10GB, it's still nowhere close to where it needs to be.

Bring on Black Friday!
I've asked for better plans before and haven't gotten anything good until this time. Might be a case of who you get and when you get to them. Hopefully they'll have some good Black Friday plans for you (and others here as well). Good luck!
Feb 21, 2017
11 posts
1 upvote
tiffanyto wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 5:25 pm
I've asked for better plans before and haven't gotten anything good until this time. Might be a case of who you get and when you get to them. Hopefully they'll have some good Black Friday plans for you (and others here as well). Good luck!
looks like black Friday will be my only hope. just had a nice chat with a different fido rep, and the "best" they could offer me to compete against the 6GB for $40 or 8GB for $50 plans @ Freedom Mobile was a $50 per month 3GB plan. Not sure how that's comparable with only 1/2 the data. I might have to bite the bullet and look into the Quebec Koodo plans.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2012
1135 posts
159 upvotes
Montreal
ScottL79 wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 4:54 pm
looks like black Friday will be my only hope. just had a nice chat with a different fido rep, and the "best" they could offer me to compete against the 6GB for $40 or 8GB for $50 plans @ Freedom Mobile was a $50 per month 3GB plan. Not sure how that's comparable with only 1/2 the data. I might have to bite the bullet and look into the Quebec Koodo plans.
Could it be that you have to trade out some data to get a subsidy against the cost of a phone with this plan they offered?
Feb 21, 2017
11 posts
1 upvote
gogoblender wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 8:07 pm
Could it be that you have to trade out some data to get a subsidy against the cost of a phone with this plan they offered?
not sure I follow, as this was a quote for a BYOD plan. if I want a phone, the monthly cost jumps up to at least $80 per month, with only around 3GB of data.
Apr 14, 2016
45 posts
i see a lot of adds on kiji ji with really cheep plans:

FIDO (Rogers Network) BYOD - NEW NUMBER ONLY
89$ one time fee
49$/month 6GB DATA
56$/month 8GB DATA

did anyone ever try those plans? do they last long or is it all BS?
Feb 21, 2017
11 posts
1 upvote
these are the out of province plans that people are getting. I've seen the same, but would prefer to sign up on a good Ontario plan as opposed to gaming the system if possible.
Dec 28, 2006
858 posts
169 upvotes
Might be old news, but I just noticed my $40 4gb province wide calling plan was increased to $45 this month.

Started up live chat last night and was offered either a $5 credit per month for 9 months, or to switch to a $55 6gb canada wide calling pulse plan. Went with the credit so my plan is back down to $40 now, I'll call back in 9 months and see if I can renew it.

In AB for reference.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 25, 2003
5086 posts
206 upvotes
Toronto
I highly warn against all these out of town plans except the Koodo one .

Honestly I was with Fido and had 10 gb for 80 for years when people were paying ALOT more.
Got greedywith someone offering 15gb Rogers for 75 with 200 Setup fee.

Within a couple months i was out 500 bucks cause somehow Rogers got a whif and changed to inmarket price of like 160 bucks.

Next went to Telus for 85 with North American and 15 gb . Within literally 3 days my account was flagged and i was out another 400 bucks or so.

I gave the Koodo one and that was good but personally i need more then 6gb. Calling and pleading with Fido since i have 4 lines, they said they'll offer me the 75 for 10gb plan but after 3 motnhs and first 3 months i have to pay the full market price.

I was ok with that cause 10gb for 75 is pretty good these days and suits my needs with Roam like home and global texting which i use.

I honestly wasted so much money stupidly past 10 months and back with Fido and I'm good. I like Fido's customer service personally the best. Mind you my account itself is about 16 years old.

Just a personal experience story.
yyzaf1 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 10:25 am

89$ one time fee
49$/month 6GB DATA
56$/month 8GB DATA

Jun 10, 2015
29 posts
20 upvotes
York, ON
yyzaf1 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 10:25 am

89$ one time fee
49$/month 6GB DATA
56$/month 8GB DATA

I know that is what is currently offered on the fido site in Quebec. I got excited for a second because I thought I was on their Ontario site.
Apr 14, 2016
45 posts
what if get one of those Quebec plans and transfer them over to ontario after few months and ask them to either port old number in or give you a new ontario number ?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)