Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Fido] Fido - Retention Plans

Aug 3, 2018
115 posts
25 upvotes
It will work anywhere in canada as long as you use a quebec number. Problem is how to get a sim card in different province since they only mail local
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10656 posts
2891 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
Vic00002 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 8:20 pm
It will work anywhere in canada as long as you use a quebec number. Problem is how to get a sim card in different province since they only mail local
whatchu talkin bout willis?
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Mar 30, 2018
8 posts
3 upvotes
Hi guys. I have a $40 5GB plan and Fido gave me 2 months of 2GB data bonus. And today I called to see if they could extended it and they gave me a free 3GB bonus for 24 months for free! Haha $40 for 8GB basically. Lmao. Unlimited talk and Text.
Mar 11, 2010
660 posts
88 upvotes
AlvinS740594 wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 1:31 am
Hi guys. I have a $40 5GB plan and Fido gave me 2 months of 2GB data bonus. And today I called to see if they could extended it and they gave me a free 3GB bonus for 24 months for free! Haha $40 for 8GB basically. Lmao. Unlimited talk and Text.
Wow that's sweet. Was the regular rep able to give you that or you had to speak to Retentions specifically?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16996 posts
3857 upvotes
Toronto
I called in to see what they could do about the $5 increase on my 10 GB $60 plan. I didn't threaten to cancel or anything but did mention Freedom's deals.

They offered 3 GB for 12 months as an add-on, which isn't great but they wouldn't offer any dollar credits. So instead of trying to negotiate further, I just took the extra 3 GB, for a total of 13 GB. To be honest I probably won't usually need it, but nonetheless it's a nice cushion and better than nothing.

But then I asked the internet agents if I could have the $100+ credit on my old internet account sent to me and they said yes, so overall it was a decent result from the call. This credit was from two years ago and the two times I had called before they refused to send me the money. The thing is it was from a promo where after I used internet a few weeks they credited my account so that my internet would be free for a few months. However, shortly after that, I cancelled and switched to Bell, leaving me with that leftover account credit. Their account department said I couldn't get it back as cash since I never paid it in the first place, and could only use it toward more internet access. But I guess after two years they forgot that rule and were willing to mail a cheque out to me. Best promotion I've had in a while: Free internet for a few weeks and then they pay you >$100 cash. ;)
Mar 30, 2018
8 posts
3 upvotes
boykee wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 7:36 pm
Wow that's sweet. Was the regular rep able to give you that or you had to speak to Retentions specifically?
Regular rep. I was just really nice to them and said take your time. And she said oh I can do 3GB bonus. And I asked for how long. She said 24 months. I was like. OKAY!
Feb 20, 2011
12 posts
I think I have the absolute worst luck with Fido (and I've been with them since 2013!).

I'm on the BYOD $45/month plan (2GB of data, unlimited Canadian calls/unlimited global text). Two weeks ago they offered me on Fido chat a Galaxy s9 on medium tab for $299 and a 5GB/month plan for $55. I said I'd take it but they recommended I go in person to get the device/plan the next day. When I went in the next day they told me the offer expired so the store couldn't do it. I called back and they said the offer is 100% gone, that all they could do is make me pay $374 instead (all because the clock struck midnight to the next day!). I went to retentions and demanded help. The supervisor made it sound like he was going way out of his way to get me this counter offer: pay $374 for the phone, get 1 free month ($55 credit), and all of it would be applied as account credits (meaning I paid $599 upfront for the device).

I didn't take the deal and decided to stick to my own device. Today I got in touch asking for BYOD deals and was given the following two options:

-$55/month for 5GB of data
-a 2GB bonus added to my current plan for two months

I demanded to speak to Retentions and was offered this

-Fido 3GB+1GB BYOP plan (regular $65/month) with 25% discount applied for 24 months = $48.75/month
-2GB bonus applied for 2 months

So 6GB for the next 2 months then back down to 4GB, and paying $3.75 more per month before tax.

I took it because I need more data, but this is a totally garbage offer, especially after seeing what people on here have been getting offered to them. If anyone has any advice or can point me to another service with better offers for data please let me know, I'm feeling like I should port out sooner rather than later.
May 16, 2015
811 posts
177 upvotes
York, ON
bb_us44 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 1:55 pm
I think I have the absolute worst luck with Fido (and I've been with them since 2013!).

I'm on the BYOD $45/month plan (2GB of data, unlimited Canadian calls/unlimited global text). Two weeks ago they offered me on Fido chat a Galaxy s9 on medium tab for $299 and a 5GB/month plan for $55. I said I'd take it but they recommended I go in person to get the device/plan the next day. When I went in the next day they told me the offer expired so the store couldn't do it. I called back and they said the offer is 100% gone, that all they could do is make me pay $374 instead (all because the clock struck midnight to the next day!). I went to retentions and demanded help. The supervisor made it sound like he was going way out of his way to get me this counter offer: pay $374 for the phone, get 1 free month ($55 credit), and all of it would be applied as account credits (meaning I paid $599 upfront for the device).

I didn't take the deal and decided to stick to my own device. Today I got in touch asking for BYOD deals and was given the following two options:

-$55/month for 5GB of data
-a 2GB bonus added to my current plan for two months

I demanded to speak to Retentions and was offered this

-Fido 3GB+1GB BYOP plan (regular $65/month) with 25% discount applied for 24 months = $48.75/month
-2GB bonus applied for 2 months

So 6GB for the next 2 months then back down to 4GB, and paying $3.75 more per month before tax.

I took it because I need more data, but this is a totally garbage offer, especially after seeing what people on here have been getting offered to them. If anyone has any advice or can point me to another service with better offers for data please let me know, I'm feeling like I should port out sooner rather than later.
I think boxing day if u had a medium plan $55 5gb u couldve had s9 free + $150 gift card.. Honestly dont get a phone rn as deals are gone. If u are desperate look up koodo for phones.
May 28, 2011
4 posts
TORONTO
Vic00002 wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 8:42 pm
$40 5gb small tab no longer available
The only upgrade being offered to me online is XXL 10GB/Unlimited for $110

:-/
Jul 21, 2009
103 posts
52 upvotes
Alberta
Other than the $40 5GB, any get a plan recently that is $40-45 with more than 2GB?
Dec 21, 2011
98 posts
SURREY
Is the winback offer still active?

Thinking of porting to Public or Freedom to maybe get a XS MAX 256 gb.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)