Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Fido] Fido - Retention Plans

May 16, 2015
783 posts
165 upvotes
York, ON
Anyone recieved a text message from fido regarding $150 credit to cover upgrade fee?
May 16, 2015
783 posts
165 upvotes
York, ON
polluted wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2019 3:44 pm
No, but that’d be really handy for me right now.
Images
  • Screenshot_2019-02-02-23-32-48.png
Feb 1, 2019
17 posts
20 upvotes
Called fido twice this week. For context this is the plan I'm currently on: 5GB/$50 BOYD. First time they did not budge at all, no luck. Second time, best thing I was able to push for was an additional 2gb for 2 months from CS, asked to be transferred to Retentions, even worse. Did not offer any good loyalty plans, kept saying I was on the best plan already, only offered me the Lunar New Years deal. Although they did offer me 10gb for $70, which is too much data and money for me to consider. Overall disappointed with the calls, will play my luck porting out to Freedom or Virgin. If anyone has any advice, please do tell!
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10552 posts
2734 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
burntorange00 wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2019 5:45 pm
Called fido twice this week. For context this is the plan I'm currently on: 5GB/$50 BOYD. First time they did not budge at all, no luck. Second time, best thing I was able to push for was an additional 2gb for 2 months from CS, asked to be transferred to Retentions, even worse. Did not offer any good loyalty plans, kept saying I was on the best plan already, only offered me the Lunar New Years deal. Although they did offer me 10gb for $70, which is too much data and money for me to consider. Overall disappointed with the calls, will play my luck porting out to Freedom or Virgin. If anyone has any advice, please do tell!
Port out, go through winback.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1530 posts
424 upvotes
So, it wasn't long:
YOUR MOBILE PLAN RATE IS INCREASING
We regularly review and adjust our plans to reflect ongoing network and service investments so that we can continue to deliver the best possible customer experience to you. The monthly service fee for your Fido Pulse 10GB - BYOP plan, which is not on a fixed term contract, will increase by $5 to $65/month (plus applicable taxes), as of the date of your first bill on or after February 4, 2019. Your plan continues to offer excellent value and is priced lower than current in market plans. Your plan also continues to offer great features like 5 extra hours of data per month, weekly perks with Fido XTRA, access to Fido Roam (TM) and a network that covers 97% of Canadians. The rest of your Fido mobile service will remain the same. This change is made in accordance with the CRTC Wireless Code. If you would like to respond to this notice, have questions, or wish to cancel or make changes to your mobile service, please reach out to us in any of the ways listed in the Contact Us section of this bill.
Mar 15, 2006
69 posts
2 upvotes
Has anyone been successful in getting out of this increase? Rogers/Fido are usually pretty fair about leaving existing plans alone.

I've tried both Rogers and Fido and they say their hands are tied -- they aren't able to apply any discount to this plan.
NikyK wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 7:19 pm
So, it wasn't long:
YOUR MOBILE PLAN RATE IS INCREASING
We regularly review and adjust our plans to reflect ongoing network and service investments so that we can continue to deliver the best possible customer experience to you. The monthly service fee for your Fido Pulse 10GB - BYOP plan, which is not on a fixed term contract, will increase by $5 to $65/month (plus applicable taxes), as of the date of your first bill on or after February 4, 2019. Your plan continues to offer excellent value and is priced lower than current in market plans. Your plan also continues to offer great features like 5 extra hours of data per month, weekly perks with Fido XTRA, access to Fido Roam (TM) and a network that covers 97% of Canadians. The rest of your Fido mobile service will remain the same. This change is made in accordance with the CRTC Wireless Code. If you would like to respond to this notice, have questions, or wish to cancel or make changes to your mobile service, please reach out to us in any of the ways listed in the Contact Us section of this bill.
May 5, 2015
101 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So Fido said
they cannot give a discount but they can give $5 discount for six month on the other lines.
And 3 GB data bonus $65 plan 10 GB
Jul 10, 2018
5 posts
4 upvotes
Ontario
Guys...our family's been with Fido since 2005 (14 years). It's quite literally impossible to get a good deal (looking for three [3] new iPhone 8+/X/XS 256gb, willing to sign three 2-yr contracts).

Anyways, we're on the $40/5GB plan (BYOP)...but after dealing with so many agents, I somehow got lucky with with one random angel-like CSR who sympathized and managed to throw in a 2GB bonus for 9 months for FREE...not bad...so $40/7GB to get us by for now, till we see what plans are like in Nov (when it expires).

Btw, ok so, rentention/loyalty are the worst people ever, EVER...they offer you deals way worse than first-line CSRs...it's like they don't wanna keep you at all, they want you gone! Over the last year i've haggled with them, they'll offer you the same things on fido.ca...or a lot of the times worse deals, there is absolutely ZERO loyalty to big accounts with multiple lines, paying on-time for 14 years! It's so offensive! It disgusts me to my core.........
Dec 14, 2006
170 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
Just checked my eligibility for iPhone XR 64GB

XL Plan - 10GB / month for $100 / month (I'm on the same plan for $60 / month)
Phone itself for $0 (from previous $329)

Can't be serious.
Life is Hard. It's harder when you're stupid.
Jan 5, 2017
235 posts
70 upvotes
kitsunedon wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 3:19 pm
Just checked my eligibility for iPhone XR 64GB

XL Plan - 10GB / month for $100 / month (I'm on the same plan for $60 / month)
Phone itself for $0 (from previous $329)

Can't be serious.
This is why I left fido. FM has been amazing...in the GTA.
Dec 10, 2005
141 posts
42 upvotes
johnpaperz wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 11:45 am
Btw, ok so, rentention/loyalty are the worst people ever, EVER...they offer you deals way worse than first-line CSRs...it's like they don't wanna keep you at all, they want you gone! Over the last year i've haggled with them, they'll offer you the same things on fido.ca...or a lot of the times worse deals, there is absolutely ZERO loyalty to big accounts with multiple lines, paying on-time for 14 years! It's so offensive! It disgusts me to my core.........
This may interest you. Loyalty reps are apparently penalized for offering discounts. "If a sales rep gives out too many credits, discounts or promotions, they are moved into the lower quartile of the group and either don't earn a bonus, or earn a very small bonus."
And for what its worth, I've dealt with a few less than helpful people over the years, but for the most part, the retention/loyalty reps at Fido are great. Not offering you a great deal doesn't make them bad people. In some cases their hands are tied.
I've always found that being polite, respectful, and thanking them for their time is a good strategy to make people want to help you to the best of their ability.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/teleco ... -1.4857890
Aug 15, 2010
28 posts
5 upvotes
not_sorry wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 6:11 pm
This may interest you. Loyalty reps are apparently penalized for offering discounts. "If a sales rep gives out too many credits, discounts or promotions, they are moved into the lower quartile of the group and either don't earn a bonus, or earn a very small bonus."
And for what its worth, I've dealt with a few less than helpful people over the years, but for the most part, the retention/loyalty reps at Fido are great. Not offering you a great deal doesn't make them bad people. In some cases their hands are tied.
I've always found that being polite, respectful, and thanking them for their time is a good strategy to make people want to help you to the best of their ability.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/teleco ... -1.4857890
100% agree. not getting the best deal or what we want should not be reflected in our perception of the level of customer service. In a recent attempt to get the winback offer through CS, Retention and Escalations; they all apologized and were understanding of my concerns and frustrations. While i didn't get it, they explained to me what they could do and the various department roles = great customer service!
Jul 10, 2018
5 posts
4 upvotes
Ontario
gcl581 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 12:05 pm
100% agree. not getting the best deal or what we want should not be reflected in our perception of the level of customer service. In a recent attempt to get the winback offer through CS, Retention and Escalations; they all apologized and were understanding of my concerns and frustrations. While i didn't get it, they explained to me what they could do and the various department roles = great customer service!
Absolutely, there's no negotiating on method of execution---matter of politeness---I've always been very gentle, nice and understanding in the 14 years with them. Any other route won't get you help/deals. I find even striking conversation at the beginning asking about their day and how things are going on their end helps to set the tone for soft and stress-free dialogue.

As for the article that was shared, I've read that one before. What my original post meant to portray is my internal feels and more of thinking out loud/venting my frustration over the years to you guys, not the actual dialogue with retentions/loyalty. As you saw, they weren't able to offer any discount/deal for our lines via loyalty dept. but then when I called back to CSR, they offered a 9-month free 2gb add-on on all lines right away, which they never mentioned of previously. This is a prime example showing that indeed the article gives hint---they're reluctant to offer anything in fear of losing their bonuses or ultimately their job. Sometimes they have things to offer and won't offer it. Other times their hands are actually tied---they don't have any useful promos. Sometimes they'll even suggest times to call back later throughout the year that are likely contain promos (summer, back to school, black friday, boxing day).

In general, at the end of calls, I'll almost always end with "Thank you for your time and help, I appreciate all your efforts today" even if no useful result is achieved. You have to be genuine and sweet with them. Plus, you want these nice things noted in your file...overall thankfullness. Not a bitchy, arrogant, annoying, entitled customer...these things just won't get you anything at all.

And whenever a credit/discount is applied to our accounts over the years, I ask for whoever they report to (supervisor/manager) and give a warm review/recommendation of the CSR. They really appreciate when you do this!

Anyhow, just my silly 2 cents :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)