Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Fido] Fido - Retention Plans

Nov 8, 2013
452 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto, ON
What's the best options for someone who uses around 5GB of data?

My dad was with Fido, on the $60/10GB plan. Now that it's $65/10GB, I'm looking for other alternatives for him to get him bill down as he also has the $7 value pack bringing him bill to $80 after tax.

Every time I talk to Fido about different plans (on chat) they just cite what's on their website.
Feb 28, 2019
4 posts
2 upvotes
At present, I am at $65 plan with 10 GB (After the $5 recent increase)
I talked with a Fido rep yesterday and today as well and the best offer they have for me after negotiating everything is as follows:
Iphone Xs (64GB) with $299 upfront after a $50 credit and then $85 monthly plan with 5GB data. I like the offer considering it is an iPhone XS. However, I still have doubts about the 5Gb data

I have been trying to get like minimum 8 GB data included in the same plan but they won't budge no matter what.
Any suggestions as I am completely new to this and just saw this forum while I was browsing the internet.
Jan 24, 2019
106 posts
65 upvotes
sidhu0351 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 2:30 pm
Iphone Xs (64GB) with $299 upfront after a $50 credit and then $85 monthly plan with 5GB data. I like the offer considering it is an iPhone XS. However, I still have doubts about the 5Gb data
That is a bad deal, there are offers for $67/8GB. Port out to Freedom or something and go back through Winback.
Dec 10, 2005
170 posts
62 upvotes
sidhu0351 wrote:
I talked with a Fido rep yesterday and today as well and the best offer they have for me after negotiating everything is as follows:

I have been trying to get like minimum 8 GB data included in the same plan but they won't budge no matter what.
Any suggestions as I am completely new to this and just saw this forum while I was browsing the internet.
First, I would suggest asking to speak to someone in cancellations so you get a retentions rep, if you haven't. They'll ask why you want to cancel - tell them you don't, you want to stay with Fido but are getting some competitive offers on plans.
You want a quote on what it would cost to leave Fido today.
They'll either transfer you to retentions or tell you they are in retentions and what they can do to help.
It helps to be able to quote a competitors offer. They may be able to match it and it shows you're serious. You could bluff and say you've been given an offer closer to what you want from Fido.
You really want to stay with Fido but need that extra 3 GB. Can they do anything to help?
If they can't add data, can they maybe offer a different promotional plan, a discount, some other incentive?
From my own recent experience they are more likely to give an extra gb or two of data than to add a discount to the account.

If you don't get what you need, you can always tell them you need to consider your options and you will call back. Doesn't hurt to call back and try a different rep as well.
I just recommend being super nice, people don't want to go out of their way for someone being kinda crusty :P
Nov 16, 2006
173 posts
19 upvotes
murphalicous wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 3:03 pm
I made the switch from Fido to public mobile over the weekend and just wanted to share what Fido retentions offered me yesterday (they called my cell which I ported over).

$40 - 5gb pulse plan
$48 - 8gb pulse plan

YMMV, but I did want to share what I was offered. I just left the $60 10gb BYOD plan. The price is going up to $65. I contacted Fido before switching carriers and was only offered an additional 3gb, no option to stay at the $60 rate.
Is the win back offer 1 year , 2 year or permanent?
Jun 25, 2017
387 posts
145 upvotes
hello all

currently on the $60/10GB BYOP that will be going up to $65/month.
Decided to call *611 to see what they would offer.

Played super nice and here is what they offered:

Iphone XS (64 GB)- $349 upfront then $95 per month (10GB)
Iphone X (64GB)- $549 upfront then $75 per month (10GB)
Iphone X (64 GB)- 0 cost upfront then $95 per month (10GB)
Iphone XR (64 GB)- $349 upfront then $75 per month (10GB)
PIxel 2XL (64GB)- 0 cost upfront then $75 per month (10GB)

What do you guys think ?anything good? im guessing they are all garbage?

Ill be heading out to koodoo and freedom mobile to see what they are offering, is it better to call them or go instore?
Jan 24, 2019
106 posts
65 upvotes
Master2031 wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2019 3:49 pm
hello all

currently on the $60/10GB BYOP that will be going up to $65/month.
Decided to call *611 to see what they would offer.

Played super nice and here is what they offered:

Iphone XS (64 GB)- $349 upfront then $95 per month (10GB)
Iphone X (64GB)- $549 upfront then $75 per month (10GB)
Iphone X (64 GB)- 0 cost upfront then $95 per month (10GB)
Iphone XR (64 GB)- $349 upfront then $75 per month (10GB)
PIxel 2XL (64GB)- 0 cost upfront then $75 per month (10GB)

What do you guys think ?anything good? im guessing they are all garbage?

Ill be heading out to koodoo and freedom mobile to see what they are offering, is it better to call them or go instore?
That’s bad bro. Last week they offered XR 64GB $0 $67/8Gb and that’s not even the best.
Jun 25, 2017
387 posts
145 upvotes
HotAsHell wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2019 5:16 pm
That’s bad bro. Last week they offered XR 64GB $0 $67/8Gb and that’s not even the best.
Yup that’s what I thought ... lmao Koodoo was even worse... they were offering the Xs for 490 upfront then 140 per month ... lmao wtf

Freedom mobile was interesting though , what do you guys think of this offer...

iPhone Xs (64gb)- 0 down then 84 per month (13gb)...( I would have to trade in my current iPhone 6s though for a $200 credit )

Thoughts ? I heard freedom mobiles network speeds aren’t as good. Heard they use 4G for the first 2GBthen drops to 3G after....
Jan 24, 2019
106 posts
65 upvotes
Yeah, but it is the offer through winback team only, retention can’t offer those.

Try porting out to freedom.
Dec 13, 2014
4 posts
Calgary, AB
I'm trying to activate a second line on my account, but Fido keeps shafting me on it.

Anyone know any good second line plans going on any good plans in general? It's for my mother who's never had a phone before and she won't really need something big and her budget is $40 maximum, but Fido keeps overshooting that.
Nov 20, 2017
133 posts
84 upvotes
sidhu0351 wrote:

Nov 20, 2017
133 posts
84 upvotes
sidhu0351 wrote:

not a good deal at all.. that's a slap in the face.

I can't believe these guys increased the plan's pricing.

I paid like 400 dollars to get out of an existing contract so I'd get the 60$ 10gb plan when it came out.

My work plan is unlimited data and 20 dollars a month on whatever flagship I want. I don't even need a personal phone but choose to do so because I prefer separating work stuff (photos, messages, etc).

I may just have to suck it up and tell Fido after 10+ years to take a hike. I'm not even interested in hearing what garbage plans they will offer. The whole point of doing this is so people call and complain.

Any idiot that calls and gets upsold is giving into their plan
Mar 2, 2013
14 posts
5 upvotes
Concord
I had called during Christmas last year to see if they can give me the the $7 value pack for free. I was on the $60 10GB BYOD plan (was paying 67 + tax with the value pack). All they offered me was the $70 10GB plan with 25% discount bringing the monthly to $63 + tax with the value pack. They said i can call after 2 years and the 25% discount back. i took it.

So i escaped the $5 increase
Nov 18, 2016
50 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
Guys,

Would be iPhone XR 64GB on 2-year plan for $199 and $75 a month (5GB of data) a good deal?
Oct 19, 2011
8 posts
1 upvote
NORTH YORK
Trying to get opinion here:

Fido offer for Ontario:
Google Pixel $0 down payment.
2 years contract
Unl' Canada calling
4GB data
$55/month plus tax

Thanks!