Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Fido] Unadvertised $45 Plan - Unlimited Canada Wide / International Text / 1GB DATA

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2016 9:57 pm
[OP]
Oct 30, 2014
94 posts
22 upvotes
Montreal, QC

[Fido] Unadvertised $45 Plan - Unlimited Canada Wide / International Text / 1GB DATA

Plan (FPMMM014G) from Fido is the same plan that is advertised on their website but with Voicemail (3) and unlimited international text messages.

When speaking to a Fido rep you would have to mention the plan's name for it to be available.

I was a Fido customer when I signed up for this plan last week but I was using Fido as a pay as you go plan, so this is was my first Plan with Fido (they did a credit check through the phone) I am not sure if this works for new customers or existing customers only.

Also the rep that I spoke to offered me 5$ a month for 1 year which is nice, but not a lot of people had success with that, but I thought I would put that out there.

As far as I know Spotify is not included with this plan.

Expiry date might be June 3 but I am not 100% sure about that.

UPDATE: Called in Today June 1st, I was told as of now the plan is still available and has no expiry date!

Credit for shenzi13 I think he was the first to post this.

Post your stories in the comment section to help others.

All the plan features are below from an email confirmation that I got:

203 replies
Oct 31, 2014
122 posts
14 upvotes
Gloucester, ON
pwned.u wrote:
May 26th, 2015 1:46 pm
Is this not a repost

fido-45-plan-unlimited-nationwide-call-1g-data-1726077/
That's different. As the OP said, this unadvertised plan had unlimited international msg and voicemail but the Spotify, which is almost identical to a plan back to the beginning of last year. I am using a very similar one: $44.1 ($49 with 10% off BYOD).

This plan is suitable for someone who doesn't like Spotify but needs voicemail.
Dec 19, 2006
316 posts
4 upvotes
which number do u call to get this promotion. got shot down for 5 dollars for one year.
Jun 15, 2012
81 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
Why not just go with Koodo? they have excellent service and it's also $45 + tax.
Which one is better Koodo vs Fido - what do you guys think? I am planning on switching in the next few days.

Thanks for your help!
Oct 6, 2011
205 posts
18 upvotes
Vaughan
Rudyyy wrote:
May 26th, 2015 1:40 pm
Plan (FPMMM014G) from Fido is the same plan that is advertised on their website but with Voicemail (3) and unlimited international text messages.

When speaking to a Fido rep you would have to mention the plan's name for it to be available.

I was a Fido customer when I signed up for this plan last week but I was using Fido as a pay as you go plan, so this is was my first Plan with Fido (they did a credit check through the phone) I am not sure if this works for new customers or existing customers only.

Also the rep that I spoke to offered me 5$ a month for 1 year which is nice, but not a lot of people had success with that, but I thought I would put that out there.

As far as I know Spotify is not included with this plan.

Expiry date might be June 3 but I am not 100% sure about that.

Credit for shenzi13 I think he was the first to post this.

Post your stories in the comment section to help others.

All the plan features are below from an email confirmation that I got:

Hi, do you know if this is available for month to month only or with contract as well?
[OP]
Oct 30, 2014
94 posts
22 upvotes
Montreal, QC
kelvint911 wrote:
May 26th, 2015 1:56 pm
That's different. As the OP said, this unadvertised plan had unlimited international msg and voicemail but the Spotify, which is almost identical to a plan back to the beginning of last year. I am using a very similar one: $44.1 ($49 with 10% off BYOD).

This plan is suitable for someone who doesn't like Spotify but needs voicemail.
Exactly! thank you
rahulkhanna wrote:
May 26th, 2015 2:37 pm
which number do u call to get this promotion. got shot down for 5 dollars for one year.
I just called a regular number, it wasn't through retention or anything.
kongkornitz wrote:
May 26th, 2015 2:39 pm
Hi, do you know if this is available for month to month only or with contract as well?
Hey, this is a month to month plan, no contract, you can cancel anytime.
Oct 31, 2014
122 posts
14 upvotes
Gloucester, ON
Rudyyy wrote:
May 26th, 2015 2:55 pm
Exactly! thank you

I just called a regular number, it wasn't through retention or anything.

Hey, this is a month to month plan, no contract, you can cancel anytime.
I am wondering if I could get the $5 credit. A couple of months ago, I called in and asked if there was $5 credit. The rep told me they didn't have that option right now for my account. Is there any strategy to get it??
[OP]
Oct 30, 2014
94 posts
22 upvotes
Montreal, QC
rahulkhanna wrote:
May 26th, 2015 2:56 pm
do u have to go through retentions department.
I just called fido's regular number and asked if plan FPMMM014G was available, rep said yes so I signed up for it, it wasn't through retention or anything.
kelvint911 wrote:
May 26th, 2015 3:07 pm
I am wondering if I could get the $5 credit. A couple of months ago, I called in and asked if there was $5 credit. The rep told me they didn't have that option right now for my account. Is there any strategy to get it??
I really don't know, I didn't say anything, the rep I was talking to just offered me that, perhaps it's because it was my first plan with Fido or maybe it was because I called on a Friday and the rep was in a good mood..
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2449 posts
208 upvotes
Winnipeg
Not bad. I'm on the $39 plan, always go over so pay $5 for an additional 250mb of data for a total of 650mb.

I'd bring my own phone, so $45-10% and see if they can renew my $5 credit a month.

Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
1691 posts
1359 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Can't touch my plan. I have:

200 local minutes anytime
$35 + taxes (No system access fee or 911 fee)
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2449 posts
208 upvotes
Winnipeg
Wrestlemania wrote:
May 26th, 2015 3:27 pm

Yeah, that's a sweet plan! :confused:

Especially if it contains 20 texts a month. :razz:
Jun 3, 2008
10 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
Just called to get this plan. Just a note, no more FidoDollars with the new plans.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
1400 posts
342 upvotes
Wrestlemania wrote:
May 26th, 2015 3:27 pm

I have a 200 Daytime Min unlimited evening and weekends unlimited text to any cell in the world, VM, call display all for $19

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)