Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Fido] Unadvertised $45 Plan - Unlimited Canada Wide / International Text / 1GB DATA

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2016 9:57 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
24830 posts
2869 upvotes
Hamilton
Missed it :(
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Oct 6, 2011
204 posts
18 upvotes
Vaughan
yao416 wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2015 6:06 pm
That plan is dead
double minutes and data are back with Zoomer until June 30th. Just got off chat with a representative.
Jun 15, 2005
76 posts
33 upvotes
kongkornitz wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2015 12:13 pm
double minutes and data are back with Zoomer until June 30th. Just got off chat with a representative.
What did the CSR say? The Zoomer Double Data thread in RFD indicates that it's only available at $40 instead of the $36 that some people got a few days ago. The original thought was that the deal was going to run until June 30th but it got canned after 2 days.
[OP]
Oct 30, 2014
94 posts
22 upvotes
Montreal, QC
4alleternity wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2015 11:48 am
Just livechatted with an agent and he confirmed that plan FPMMM014G expires at May 31. :(
Not true, called in June 1st, I was told that the plan was still available..
Oct 6, 2011
204 posts
18 upvotes
Vaughan
kymics wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2015 12:17 pm
What did the CSR say? The Zoomer Double Data thread in RFD indicates that it's only available at $40 instead of the $36 that some people got a few days ago. The original thought was that the deal was going to run until June 30th but it got canned after 2 days.
CSR said it applies with the 10% discounted price. I am going to port over from Fido but it's the $22.50/mo plan which only has the minutes and no data.
Oct 31, 2014
116 posts
12 upvotes
Gloucester, ON
4alleternity wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2015 11:48 am
Just livechatted with an agent and he confirmed that plan FPMMM014G expires at May 31. :(
That agent fooled you. Some of agents are not familiar with this hidden plan (looks like the plan was changed to another category), so they just tell you the $45 plan expired on May 31. Actually they are probably just talking about the $45 Pulse Plan. Just try again later with different reps.
Oct 6, 2009
76 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver
Rudyyy wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2015 12:43 pm
Not true, called in June 1st, I was told that the plan was still available..
Conversation posted below. Not sure what to say...maybe you just have better luck than me. I entered the plan code FPMMM014G prior to the start of the conversation.

8:07 AM AGENT:
I am very good. Thank you for asking! The plan was on promotion but it ended on May 31. The $53 BYOP Pulse plan now includes:

- Unlimited Canada-wide anytime calls
- 1 GB (over usage: $5/250 MB)
- Unlimited text/picture/video msgs from Canada to Canadian cells
- Call Display (Number only)
- Circle Calling™
- Free Daily Vice & Spotify for 2 years

But I will give you a monthly credit of 10% so the plan will cost 47.70$. Also, after 3 months of activation, you will receive a 50$ credit
8:11 AM ME:
Actually the 2nd line is for my mom and she doesnt really need spotify. A friend told me that the plan had no expiry date, it was just moved to a different category. Are you sure the plan is no longer available?

8:13 AM AGENT:
I can confirm to you that it did have an expiry date. Will you mom need a full 1GB of data each month? Because we have some lower price plans available. For example some with 300GB, 500MB and 750MB
[OP]
Oct 30, 2014
94 posts
22 upvotes
Montreal, QC
4alleternity wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2015 1:14 pm
Conversation posted below. Not sure what to say...maybe you just have better luck than me. I entered the plan code FPMMM014G prior to the start of the conversation.

I am very good. Thank you for asking! The plan was on promotion but it ended on May 31. The $53 BYOP Pulse plan now includes:

- Unlimited Canada-wide anytime calls
- 1 GB (over usage: $5/250 MB)
- Unlimited text/picture/video msgs from Canada to Canadian cells
- Call Display (Number only)
- Circle Calling™
- Free Daily Vice & Spotify for 2 years

But I will give you a monthly credit of 10% so the plan will cost 47.70$. Also, after 3 months of activation, you will receive a 50$ credit
8:11 AM ME:
Actually the 2nd line is for my mom and she doesnt really need spotify. A friend told me that the plan had no expiry date, it was just moved to a different category. Are you sure the plan is no longer available?

8:13 AM AGENT:
I can confirm to you that it did have an expiry date. Will you mom need a full 1GB of data each month? Because we have some lower price plans available. For example some with 300GB, 500MB and 750MB
There are a few people that signed up for the plan after May 31, basically you would have to call and talk to a few reps before you get the correct answer, every time you get a different answer.
Mar 12, 2015
134 posts
80 upvotes
North York, ON
Rudyyy wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2015 1:20 pm
There are a few people that signed up for the plan after May 31, basically you would have to call and talk to a few reps before you get the correct answer, every time you get a different answer.
Agreed, I can vouch for that as I called in yesterday and got signed up for the FPMMM014G plan.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3912 posts
686 upvotes
Just a little clarification, is this plan for new customers? I see posts saying yes and others saying no but then people saying it's only for BYOP so I would assume it's for new customers. I want to try and switch from Telus to this. Does this deal also work with new phone purchase or is it just BYOP?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3008 posts
626 upvotes
Toronto
swales wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2015 7:46 pm
Just a little clarification, is this plan for new customers? I see posts saying yes and others saying no but then people saying it's only for BYOP so I would assume it's for new customers. I want to try and switch from Telus to this. Does this deal also work with new phone purchase or is it just BYOP?
Thanks
It's only for BYOP. As for who is eligible, I really think this is for those current customer but you can always try your luck.
Nov 19, 2012
338 posts
154 upvotes
Got rejected for the 45 plan. CSR said it expired and its now $53. However Rogers unlocked my phones for free on the assumption that I was going with Fido. WIN!! So, unlocked phones in need of 1GB of data and unlimited canada wide. Will Koodo still so the $45? What about zoomer with BYOP? Thanks for the info. FREE FROM ROGERS AT LAST!!
Dec 13, 2010
241 posts
45 upvotes
Montreal
I can confirm that the Plan# FPMMM014G is indeed still available. Earlier tonight, I called Fido and quoted the plan# to the CSR who told that it's the best deal currently available but for a ''limited time' and for ''existing'' clients only which is why its not advertised.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1584 posts
1064 upvotes
mikka1989 wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2015 1:00 pm
where i live...east toronto, rogers definitely has the better LTE coverage over telus ....i just switched from robbers to telus
Lte speeds are always faster on Rogers.. When typically all carriers have the same price plans, I don't see why would people move away from Rogers. Their billing may be troublesome at first, but once corrected their speeds is still incomparable with the others.

I am still puzzled why people don't like Rogers, they have always offered me better pricing than the other carriers and service wise I have always been satisfied.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1584 posts
1064 upvotes
tonycha wrote:
Jun 1st, 2015 10:59 am
I called them twice yesterday. The first rep was so "mean" since she yelled me that there were lots of customer waiting at the queue and she just waive me the first month fee of value pack. I waved her Good-Bye...

Fortunately, I have called at last minute and accepted the $5 credit for only 6 months offer. I signed up the $45 Pulse plan but not the FPMMM014G one. Unfortunately, they refused to offer $10/1GB for overage.

Price surprisingly went up to $53 instead of $45 this morning.

Remember that there is no any penalty if you want to change or even cancel afterwards since this is a no term contract.
Do you know who you spoke with? You should always take down names and complain if you get a bad agent. May be even talk to supervisor to ensure you get the plan you want due to being mistreated