Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Fido] Unadvertised $45 Plan - Unlimited Canada Wide / International Text / 1GB DATA

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2016 9:57 pm
[OP]
Oct 30, 2014
94 posts
22 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Bedboi wrote:
May 26th, 2015 6:03 pm
Anyone know if someone can get this plan if they are on a contract?
kongkornitz wrote:
May 26th, 2015 6:16 pm
I mean if I am in a contract, can I switch to this plan?
Good question, I would say if you are on a month to month plan you can switch for sure but not sure about a contract, you would have to call in and ask.
May 31, 2008
744 posts
353 upvotes
Toronto
kuri wrote:
May 26th, 2015 5:16 pm
I suspect Fido basically has the VM-included versions of all the plans out there to match Koodo/Virgin, at least for existing customers. They just don't advertise it.

My wife is a light data user, and after chatting with Fido, I updated her plan to what Fido called the "$33 BYOP existing customer plan". It includes:

300MB of data
Mini Voicemail
Call Display
Unlimited text, picture and video messages from Canada to Canadian, US and International wireless numbers
Canada-wide long distance calls
Circle Calling
Call Waiting
Extended Coverage
300 minutes
Unlimited evenings (5pm to 7am) and weekends (Friday 5pm to Monday 7am)
Overage rates:Airtime: 50¢/min
Data: $5/100 MB

They didn't give me a plan code or anything though. The confirmation email they sent me did not include any plan code/number. It's basically a copy of Koodo's.
Thats not bad for the price- does it include fido dollars?
Jan 25, 2014
125 posts
195 upvotes
Mississauga
I called and they would only offer me the $5 discount for 6 months.
[OP]
Oct 30, 2014
94 posts
22 upvotes
Montreal, QC
zman25 wrote:
May 26th, 2015 6:31 pm
I called and they would only offer me the $5 discount for 6 months.
Not bad! Thanks for sharing
Nov 24, 2006
713 posts
157 upvotes
submalst wrote:
May 26th, 2015 6:31 pm
Thats not bad for the price- does it include fido dollars?
There are no Fido dollars for any of the new plans any more. This was confirmed in the Fido plan change email I received:
FidoDOLLARS
You will keep your FidoDOLLARS balance but you will no longer earn any new FidoDollars. You can still redeem them at any time.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1248 posts
1031 upvotes
changed mine to this one and i also got $5 off for 6 months.

rep is like "first time someone calling with code and all ready to go" lol

fyi, this plan is only for Existing Customers.
[OP]
Oct 30, 2014
94 posts
22 upvotes
Montreal, QC
chhotadon wrote:
May 26th, 2015 10:56 pm
changed mine to this one and i also got $5 off for 6 months.

rep is like "first time someone calling with code and all ready to go" lol

fyi, this plan is only for Existing Customers.
That's great! I am glad some people are successful in getting the extra 5$ off, even for 6 months.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5613 posts
391 upvotes
Vancouver
anabioz wrote:
May 26th, 2015 4:51 pm
I got the $45 plan a few months ago, but the 2GB/month just appeared a few weeks ago.
Will I guarantee to get the 2GB if I switch to this new plan FPMMM014G?
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2013
1765 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
jtcb wrote:
May 26th, 2015 11:36 pm
Will I guarantee to get the 2GB if I switch to this new plan FPMMM014G?
+1

will switch immediately.
Feb 3, 2010
263 posts
37 upvotes
I was able to get 5.00 off for six months only but they also gave me a 30.00 goodwill credit on my bill this month. They told me that 12 month credit was not available. All this after Rudyyy's post. Initially I got the plan only and mine takes effect at my next billing cycle with the monthly credit on June 8th.

The plan number is on my confirmation and also when I view my account on Fido.ca
Jun 17, 2009
291 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Now they gave out 5$ off for six month..... When I asked a few days ago, I was offered a $5 value pack free for six months.. Of course I declined. Asked again yesterday, the rep said I should keep my current plan ($39 for 600 mb, $5 per 200 mb for overage). I never go over... But a little more data means I have more peace of mind.
Nov 24, 2006
713 posts
157 upvotes
kuri wrote:
May 26th, 2015 5:16 pm
I suspect Fido basically has the VM-included versions of all the plans out there to match Koodo/Virgin, at least for existing customers. They just don't advertise it.

My wife is a light data user, and after chatting with Fido, I updated her plan to what Fido called the "$33 BYOP existing customer plan". It includes:

300MB of data
Mini Voicemail
Call Display
Unlimited text, picture and video messages from Canada to Canadian, US and International wireless numbers
Canada-wide long distance calls
Circle Calling
Call Waiting
Extended Coverage
300 minutes
Unlimited evenings (5pm to 7am) and weekends (Friday 5pm to Monday 7am)
Overage rates:Airtime: 50¢/min
Data: $5/100 MB

They didn't give me a plan code or anything though. The confirmation email they sent me did not include any plan code/number. It's basically a copy of Koodo's.
Thanks to shenzi13's tip, I checked My Account online and found the code for my $33 plan above. It's FPMMM014F.

With the $33 one being FPMMM014F and the $45 one is FPMMM014G, anyone want to guess what FPMMM014A thru E are? ;)
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1630 posts
385 upvotes
joogi wrote:
May 27th, 2015 12:29 am
Now they gave out 5$ off for six month..... When I asked a few days ago, I was offered a $5 value pack free for six months.. Of course I declined. Asked again yesterday, the rep said I should keep my current plan ($39 for 600 mb, $5 per 200 mb for overage). I never go over... But a little more data means I have more peace of mind.
but even if you use up to 1GB, that's 49$ still with a smart phone subsidy. You can usually get around $300 worth from either getting a phone for yourself or flipping it. As well, if you combine with costco or mobile shop promos around xmas time, you can get another $100-$150ish.
Since you don't go over all the time, I think it's still better to keep the 39$ and also see if they can do $5 off on that 39$ plan for 6 mths or something.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1248 posts
1031 upvotes
shenzi13 wrote:
May 27th, 2015 12:19 am
I was able to get 5.00 off for six months only but they also gave me a 30.00 goodwill credit on my bill this month. They told me that 12 month credit was not available. All this after Rudyyy's post. Initially I got the plan only and mine takes effect at my next billing cycle with the monthly credit on June 8th.

The plan number is on my confirmation and also when I view my account on Fido.ca
This plan number doesn't show on my account after switch nor on email confirmation.
All it says is BYOP Plan.
May 11, 2012
90 posts
28 upvotes
Montreal
I called earlier today, it was soooooooo long ..that rep i spoke with must have been new, it was such a pita lol

So i asked for the 45$ plan, after some research on his side, this plan is only available for customer that bring their own phone, no exception !

Also, since i am on a month to month 2 year plan and also because there's is still a balance on the phone i am currently using there is no way to get this plan..

What i have right now is basically the same 70$ smart plan they have on the website but i got it during a christmas promotion for 56$, 2gb of date and everything else unlimited.

So in the end i asked him for the 5$ credit, i told him i used to have this on my account but it ended last month.. his answer : the only thing i can do is a one time 5$ credit !!!

..lol so for me it was a BIG no no, i'm gonna call back tomorrow ..