• Dec 23rd, 2012 10:02 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 28, 2012
960 posts
493 upvotes
Etobicoke

Fido Vs. Virgin Mobile

I am currently with virgin mobile but planning to move to fido....as both have Canada wide long distance plan.

Now my question is who has better coverage in Canada.

I know virgin is part of BELL and fido is part of ROGERS......

So which has better network over all.

Thanks in advance
6 replies
Nov 18, 2009
185 posts
43 upvotes
Richmond Hill
depends where you live. check out coverage mapper.
[OP]
Nov 28, 2012
960 posts
493 upvotes
Etobicoke
I live in gta ... So both are same here ... But i wanna know ... If i am travelling with this phone ... Which one have better coverage in smaller cities...
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3118 posts
322 upvotes
again it all depends on where you are travelling... Rogers is usually a little better out east
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
6533 posts
663 upvotes
BC
If LTE is a concern to you, Virgin has a much much larger LTE footprint than Rogers/Fido. As gur3000 mentioned, just check the maps for where you plan on travelling; The Bell/Telus/Virgin/Koodo network definitely has much better coverage in rural BC and Telus & the BC government has committed to growing that network over the next few years but I can't say I've used either network outside of BC.
[OP]
Nov 28, 2012
960 posts
493 upvotes
Etobicoke
Thank you guys.. I have my own phone and right now fido has good holiday deal... So i willl move from virgin to fido....
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2004
1224 posts
30 upvotes
specialoffers wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 12:43 am
Thank you guys.. I have my own phone and right now fido has good holiday deal... So i willl move from virgin to fido....
Virgin just matched Fido's new $25 plan today. Switched my uncle over to it from his old BYOP discounted plan. Same price for more!
× < >