Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Fido] Wireless Home Phone - $10/20 (Current Customer) or $30 (New Customer) /Month

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2016 9:21 am
Tags:
None
Oct 18, 2013
51 posts
17 upvotes
CANADA
chimaican wrote:
Aug 6th, 2014 10:33 pm
Annoyingly Fido WHP or normal fido mobile service doesn't use *98 but just 1.

Off topic, but I find it annoying that when there is a vm on the mobile they send a text msg vs using thr vm icon.
I've had my WHP sim in cellphones since day one (yes it still works, don't ask me how) and it gets regular voicemail notifications like any other cellphone and I dial 1 to check. So the VM works normally through the network...I suppose in the ZTE home phone device it changes it up a bit.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7087 posts
367 upvotes
York
Is anyone's Fido home phone service not working at the moment? I have a green light for the connection on the ZTE box but only hear beep beep beep beep when I pick up the phone.
Banned
Aug 9, 2014
1239 posts
400 upvotes
dankup wrote:
Dec 11th, 2014 1:10 pm
Is anyone's Fido home phone service not working at the moment? I have a green light for the connection on the ZTE box but only hear beep beep beep beep when I pick up the phone.
mine works fine.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7087 posts
367 upvotes
York
Lexusisf wrote:
Dec 11th, 2014 1:11 pm
mine works fine.
Reconnected mine by taking out the battery and unplugging the power. Put it back together. Works fine. Weird.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
1616 posts
601 upvotes
brucedlx wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2013 1:55 pm
Very cool. I think I will finally be switching my parents off of their overpriced landline lol
Make sure your home alarm works with voip and there is always the question of 911
Good...Good...
Dec 14, 2008
253 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
Has Fido lock the home phone only to be used with the ZTE machine? Or can you still use it with legacy cell phone?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
9206 posts
5515 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
The ZTE doesn't support name display, only numeric call display
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
1620 posts
1116 upvotes
Q1: Do Fido provide a new telephone number while keeping the existing land-line home phone number?
Q2: Is it fax compatible?
LIVE LONG and suffer ...

:arrow: PEACE :arrowl:

My Missus said " I don't tell you how to spend your $$, Don't tell me how to spend your $$."
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3373 posts
1612 upvotes
Halifax
imoo2u wrote:
Dec 11th, 2014 6:00 pm
Q: Do Fido provide a new telephone number while keeping the existing land-line home phone number?
You get a new phone number from Fido. If you decide to port your land line number to Fido Wireless Home Phone, you will lose that Fido number, once the porting process is successful.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3373 posts
1612 upvotes
Halifax
xanta wrote:
Dec 11th, 2014 4:48 pm
Has Fido lock the home phone only to be used with the ZTE machine? Or can you still use it with legacy cell phone?
Yes, the Fido Wireless Home Phone SIM card is tied to the ZTE box. At one time there was a work around, but Fido has long since plugged that hole.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
8932 posts
1510 upvotes
Montreal
So I just got "the call" from Bell Canada to convince me to stay with them. THEY OFFERED ONE HECK OF A DEAL.

I currently have THREE services with them, for $160 with taxes for:
Fibe TV with 25 channels
Fibe 15 internet
Home phone with ZERO features.

He offered me $113 TAX IN for all existing three services. That's a savings of $48 A MONTH (if you don't mind having zero features on your land line), that's a savings of $576 a year (Fido costs $138 a year with taxes).

I asked what if I want Canada Wide, Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting like Fido? He offered $131 tax in with all of Fido's features BUT WITH UNLIMITED NORTH AMERICA LONG DISTANCE. That's pretty sweet if you call the U.S.

KILLS the Fido Home phone deal for $10 a month! I NEARLY took it until he said it's only valid for a year and I had to renegotiate.

If you are planning on going to Fido home phone, do it and if you get the same deal as me and don't mind renegotiating (or risking the Fido price going UP)...do it. Fido accepts returns within 15 days in MOST Provinces as long as you didn't place tons of calls on it before the port (please double check first).
Dec 14, 2008
253 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
bridonca wrote:
Dec 11th, 2014 6:11 pm
Yes, the Fido Wireless Home Phone SIM card is tied to the ZTE box. At one time there was a work around, but Fido has long since plugged that hole.
So, seems like those who got it working before they plug the hole can keep on using on cell phone. No love for new users who wanna use this plan on cell phone.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7087 posts
367 upvotes
York
yuprules wrote:
Dec 11th, 2014 6:28 pm
So I just got "the call" from Bell Canada to convince me to stay with them. THEY OFFERED ONE HECK OF A DEAL.

I currently have THREE services with them, for $160 with taxes for:
Fibe TV with 25 channels
Fibe 15 internet
Home phone with ZERO features.

He offered me $113 TAX IN for all existing three services. That's a savings of $48 A MONTH (if you don't mind having zero features on your land line), that's a savings of $576 a year (Fido costs $138 a year with taxes).

I asked what if I want Canada Wide, Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting like Fido? He offered $131 tax in with all of Fido's features BUT WITH UNLIMITED NORTH AMERICA LONG DISTANCE. That's pretty sweet if you call the U.S.

KILLS the Fido Home phone deal for $10 a month! I NEARLY took it until he said it's only valid for a year and I had to renegotiate.

If you are planning on going to Fido home phone, do it and if you get the same deal as me and don't mind renegotiating (or risking the Fido price going UP)...do it. Fido accepts returns within 15 days in MOST Provinces as long as you didn't place tons of calls on it before the port (please double check first).
We have Fibe 25 and Select Fibe TV + a language pack for $105/month. + $10 Fido home phone. $131 tax for all that? Man oh man..