[OP]
Mar 22, 2008
246 posts
60 upvotes
London, ON

[Fido] Wireless Home Phone $10 inc. Call Waiting/CF for current customers

Deal Link:
Hey guys,

Fido is now offering home phone for $10 that also includes Call Waiting and Call Forwarding (used to be a $2 add-on) I just successfully called to switch from the old $10 plan.

This is for current Fido customers only or customers that will sign up for their wireless service aswell.
$30/month otherwise.

Device cost $40 (was $30), you can use your fido dollars.

History on the service:
$10 at launch (without Call Waiting/Call Forwarding -$2 add-on)
increased to $20 few months back (but includes the add-on above)
now lowered back to $10 (with add-on)

Non-Fido customers $30/month since launch

For more info, refer to this old thread: fido-wireless-home-phone-10-20-current- ... h-1363803/

Rogers has the same deal but as far as i know, ymmv, awhile ago they won't let you sign up for their wireless home phone if their voip service is available in that area.
102 replies
Mar 15, 2010
22 posts
2 upvotes
Anyone knows what this is for? Can I bring the device with me and use it in multi locations? It only require a SIM card, usnt that same as a mobile phone? And $10 per month?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
6826 posts
293 upvotes
York
How's the quality compared to Bell landline and is this a bait and switch where the price is gonna go up in a month after signing up?
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1946 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
pricing is different from province to province. it was $10 then they upped it up to 20 for ontario. but now i see they have brought it back down to $10/month for a limited time

anyways, here is the old thread

fido-wireless-home-phone-10-20-current- ... +homephone

this new $10 pricing now includes Call Forwarding3, Call Waiting and Conference Call. i was paying $2 extra for this add on, going to call in for a change
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
2633 posts
1269 upvotes
Canadia
dankup wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2014 11:59 am
How's the quality compared to Bell landline and is this a bait and switch where the price is gonna go up in a month after signing up?
The price has been $10 since introduction in July 2013, but you're right to be concerned about future increases. There is absolutely nothing stopping Rogers/Fido from increasing your monthly rate to standard market levels. Expect a $5 increase later this year, followed by another a year later.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
2820 posts
993 upvotes
Halifax
I have had this service since last summer. Still paying $10 a month. Phone quality is excellent. You need a home phone device which now costs $40. The SIM is locked to the home phone device.

I hear you can get a $5 a month tablet plan, and then get this service. Not bad for $15. Certainly incentive to give Bell the heave ho.

EDIT: My bad, data only services excluded.
Dec 21, 2004
560 posts
62 upvotes
I've had the service for about 6 months and I use it for business calls when I work from home. No issues so far and no one can tell I'm on a cellular based service. $10 for an additional line is fantastic for me especially when I can use a normal cordless phone!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
5700 posts
3905 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
I switched over about 4 months ago when it was $10 month from a Bell landline. We have noticed zero difference in call quality. The only thing is the caller id name doesn't show up...just the phone number. But for a $30 savings I can live with it. Recommended.
[OP]
Mar 22, 2008
246 posts
60 upvotes
London, ON
As far as I know, this is a new deal because i've never seen Fido offer this for $10 with Call Waiting and Call Forwarding, albeit for current Fido customers.
Jun 25, 2010
296 posts
32 upvotes
Brampton
Anyone know if this gives you a listing on 411 (or whatnot)?

Any discount if you have multiple mobile plans with them? (ex. 10% off)
Mar 2, 2009
422 posts
194 upvotes
I get the use scenario for Call Waiting, like a very busy phone line where you spend a lot of time on the phone, allowing you to quickly answer additional incoming calls.

What is the typical scenario for Call Forwarding? Is it automated?
Oct 13, 2013
76 posts
18 upvotes
I signed my parents up for this deal yesterday. You can use your fidodollars to pay for the $40 device.

The CSR also offered a bonus $50 account credit after 90 days. Really good deal for those who still want a home phone.
Apr 17, 2012
177 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
razr769 wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2014 1:12 pm
I signed my parents up for this deal yesterday. You can use your fidodollars to pay for the $40 device.

The CSR also offered a bonus $50 account credit after 90 days. Really good deal for those who still want a home phone.
how much they charge you per month as a new customer? $10 or $30??