Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] [Fido XTRA] Get a $0 tablet on a FREE 2-year tablet plan (targeted) (Read Thread Summary) EXTENDED to 9/30

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2019 2:26 pm
Mar 23, 2019
239 posts
170 upvotes
GTA
MOOCer wrote:
Aug 16th, 2019 4:24 pm
Thanks OP :)

Guys if you have Fido App on your phones check Xtra section, there's actually a deal for getting tablets and other electronics with discount, go with this offer to chat rep at fido.ca and ask for a free tablet with 4gb data plan. Check out the screenshot below for plan details!

They offer the following tablet with this plan:
https://www.staples.ca/products/2801690 ... rage-black
Could you please share more of your conversation screenshots or share what you said to the rep
Mar 23, 2019
239 posts
170 upvotes
GTA
aawen604 wrote:
Aug 16th, 2019 4:15 pm
Screen shot my contract....
If I'm reading this correctly it looks like you get a $35 credit for activation and you get a $15/month credit for the service
Dec 15, 2017
79 posts
38 upvotes
Tashkent
Sorry, I don't have any more screenshots, but when I contacted them via chat I asked straightforward if I can get a tablet plan for free and that's what I was offered.
Agent asked if I have access to my fido app and to check extra section and locate discount on electronics, which I did and she said I am qualified for the deal as seen on my screenshot.
Jul 25, 2017
92 posts
46 upvotes
It’s possible, maybe this is another way to lock you in with phone plan together for 24 months?
Oct 18, 2018
612 posts
231 upvotes
Can someone please post a screenshot of the Fido Xtra App..it will help everyone
Mar 23, 2019
239 posts
170 upvotes
GTA
MOOCer wrote:
Aug 16th, 2019 5:08 pm
Sorry, I don't have any more screenshots, but when I contacted them via chat I asked straightforward if I can get a tablet plan for free and that's what I was offered.
Agent asked if I have access to my fido app and to check extra section and locate discount on electronics, which I did and she said I am qualified for the deal as seen on my screenshot.
Which electronics deal? And this was an existing account right?
Nov 21, 2018
115 posts
104 upvotes
Mission, BC
Hold up. I straight up asked if I'm eligible and sent them the add-on code, seeing what chat has to say.

Chat said it's not something they can do online, it's a promotion in store.
Infinus Technology Inc
Apr 10, 2018
24 posts
8 upvotes
Got off the phone with a Fido store just now, and the rep told me that this is for targeted customers, and that you would receive a text message with the offer, provided you’re eligible.
Feb 13, 2011
749 posts
175 upvotes
Vancouver
well the screenshot does says
TAGSRATT $15 off for 24 months
Nov 21, 2018
115 posts
104 upvotes
Mission, BC
I followed up with a call to a store, and they said it's targeted, you have to receive the notification and be eligible for it. They can look it up in your account, but can't add that add-on manually.
Infinus Technology Inc
Jun 23, 2019
36 posts
28 upvotes
I got a similar deal. Free Huawei MediaPad T5 10 for free for signing on for 2 years. $15 a month. Then Rogers offered me $20 a month for unlimited calling and texting if I moved my phone service from Fido to Rogers. So now have $35 a month for unlimited calling and text + 4gigs data + tablet. Same as $20 without tablet. They have several other tablet deals at Fido as well.
Aug 25, 2011
44 posts
17 upvotes
BURLINGTON
I have this deal - but the contract is over and I am month to month. Another attraction on my contract was that over data was 10$ per gig. I use the tablet strictly for a hotspot for my laptop when I am at the cottage. Is there a cheaper way to get data? Are the unlimited data phone plans better?
Feb 28, 2002
722 posts
212 upvotes
Alberta
MOOCer wrote:
Aug 16th, 2019 5:08 pm
Crying Face, when I go to my XTRAS offers the only electronics "deal" they've sent me is 65% off some crap from TSC.

Thanks anyway op.
Fido 3 GB 100% - 50%
Public Mobile Fall 2016
Feb 15, 2013
13 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond
Thank you all for the good tips.

I am 6 months into my 2 year phone contract with Fido (contract ends Feb./2021). Let's say I sign up for this tablet deal for 2 years (contract ends Aug./2021).

In Feb./2021, is it okay for me to move onto other carrier with my phone contract, and remain on Fido's tablet contract until Aug./2021 as a standalone contract?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1208 posts
1001 upvotes
rfdegg wrote:
Aug 16th, 2019 10:31 pm
Thank you all for the good tips.

I am 6 months into my 2 year phone contract with Fido (contract ends Feb./2021). Let's say I sign up for this tablet deal for 2 years (contract ends Aug./2021).

In Feb./2021, is it okay for me to move onto other carrier with my phone contract, and remain on Fido's tablet contract until Aug./2021 as a standalone contract?

Thanks!
Nope, you kill one they will kill both. That said, you might have some luck with client retention if you call in and ask about cancelling (to lower your mobile rate).