Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

[Fido XTRA] Get a $0 tablet on a FREE 2-year tablet plan (targeted) (Read Thread Summary) Expires 12/31

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2021 1:30 am
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1928 posts
2774 upvotes
Halifax
Thanks OP, and thanks for posting your agreement. It saved me hours of headache later. Without going into detail, Fido CS phone service was the worst ever. I checked my agreement vs OP and saw mine didnt show the credits. Called Fido CS and for over an hour ( for giggles at one point and driving back to Fido store) I had the CSR tell me that there was no such offer and i couldnt expect to get a tablet for free and the data and that only the tablet was discounted. OVER AN HOUR of her re reading my contract which very clearly stated I was going to pay 15 per month for data and I cant get if for free.

Went back to store and the people there fixed it up in a call and about 20min.

So free tablet and data for 2 years!

Anyone who gets the deal make sure it shows the discount code on your agreement.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
emilio911 wrote: Is this still going on?
Yup, if you are eligible (you have to be existing customer AND targeted), check Fido XTRA section on your Fido app.
Dec 13, 2013
106 posts
90 upvotes
silverele wrote: I agree, perhaps people should keep their flaming down until they understand the deal. It doesn't make for a positive environment, we want to encourage people to post deals after all.

PPL have become so toxic here. I have stopped to share any deal now.
Last edited by srbhgarg on Aug 17th, 2019 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 31, 2017
182 posts
324 upvotes
montreal
it's a free tablet and 4gb data free for 2 years for those eligible, why downvote?
what am i missing?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
newfbc wrote: You actually thought they were giving completely free tablets and 2 years of service to everyone? LOL! That would be the RFD deal of the decade!

Ron.
Not at all, but as an existing Fido member for 1.5yrs I asked whether I was eligible to transfer my 3GB data plan.
. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻
Banned
Feb 23, 2004
7940 posts
3542 upvotes
manthica wrote: it's a free tablet and 4gb data free for 2 years for those eligible, why downvote?
what am i missing?
Because not everyone can get it.

Stupid reason to downvote, but this is how many people’s minds operate.
May 31, 2017
182 posts
324 upvotes
montreal
Balduno wrote: Because not everyone can get it.

Stupid reason to downvote, but this is how many people’s minds operate.
i am not eligible but i upvoted, this is a very good deal just for the free data
Dec 3, 2006
411 posts
165 upvotes
manthica wrote: it's a free tablet and 4gb data free for 2 years for those eligible, why downvote?
what am i missing?
Crab Mentality Crab
Happy
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
1333 posts
543 upvotes
Kingston
what am i missing?
I guess it's because in the beginning lots of people thought it's repost of the ongoing deal of free tablet but $15 for 3 or 4 GB tablet plan.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2636 posts
2971 upvotes
Niagara, ON
atlantic_man wrote: I guess it's because in the beginning lots of people thought it's repost of the ongoing deal of free tablet but $15 for 3 or 4 GB tablet plan.
I initially down voted for this same reason. Thought OP was confused with ongoing deal.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29128 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
MegaSilver wrote: I initially down voted for this same reason. Thought OP was confused with ongoing deal.
So rather than just downvote the thread, why not also post the reason, i.e. that [you think] it's a duplicate?

Also if you think it's a duplicate then why not use the Report link to tell a Mod so that they can merge it with the megathread?

Instead we gets pages and pages of confusion, misinformation and people asking why this thread is getting downvoted so heavily.
veni, vidi, Visa
Oct 8, 2005
921 posts
130 upvotes
Thnx Op for the bravery to post. Great deal to those targeted!
Mar 23, 2017
583 posts
526 upvotes
Canada
I am eligible. gonna get it tomorrow . Thanks op.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
4401 posts
10674 upvotes
Lame ive been with them for years and can't get it.
Although I did cancel all my phone lines and only have 1 tablet line left
Public Mobile customer

$17.95 + 6.95 SAF
100 postal code wide minutes
unlimited texts
0GB data
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
2173 posts
883 upvotes
App and website partially unavailable. I guess I’ll check tomorrow. I just signed up to the $10 4GB plan with a free useless Tab E. I wonder if I’m eligible for this deal if I can cancel my agreement. It’s been less than a week.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135814 upvotes
888888 upvotes
I don't have this in my extra. Any other way to get it?
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
second2none wrote: App and website partially unavailable. I guess I’ll check tomorrow. I just signed up to the $10 4GB plan with a free useless Tab E. I wonder if I’m eligible for this deal if I can cancel my agreement. It’s been less than a week.
Yes, you have 14 days to return everything for a full refund (including activation fees).
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Thatdealguy wrote: I don't have this in my extra. Any other way to get it?
If you are not targeted but are a Fido postpaid wireless customer (prepaid and data-only doesn't qualify) no reason not to call in and complain and see what they can do for you.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)