Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] [Fido XTRA] Get a $0 tablet on a FREE 2-year tablet plan (targeted) (Read Thread Summary) EXTENDED to 9/30

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2019 4:59 pm
Dec 27, 2007
18806 posts
9942 upvotes
Kitchener
Darshan7 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 6:06 pm
I got the offer in the app > Fido Extra.

Which one is better Samsung or Huwaie?
If the Huawei is available for you go with that for the bigger display, higher resolution and better CPU.
Dec 27, 2007
18806 posts
9942 upvotes
Kitchener
HalfTrack wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 3:11 pm
Offer states One per account.
Guess YMMV or BS?
It's one per eligible line (user) not account.
At least that's how people managed to get multiples since the promo started.
Dec 27, 2007
18806 posts
9942 upvotes
Kitchener
OcanadaEh wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 11:55 am
Apologies if this has been asked and answered before...(don't really want to re-read 50 pages of posts, my bad). If, by signing a 24 month tablet contract, will I essentially be 'tied' to Fido for my mobile phone for the next 24 months. If I was to, for any reason, want to change my mobile provider, would I be on the hook for $15 x remaining months and/or prorated cost of Galaxy Tab A tablet? (Thanks to OP and aasoror, I believe the answer is found here: Q: What's the catch A: That you keep an eligible plan with Fido throughout the course of the contract.) Sorta looking for confirmation from those folks who have signed contract, if it explicitly spells out the 'penalty' that would take effect should I fall out of love with Fido. The cynic in me sees the leverage that Fido has, for 24 months, potentially holding the tablet deal against you...yes, I understand the value in a free tablet with 24 month 4GB data, but... TIA...
I didn't want to add my own interpretation to the thread summary because I wanted everyone to read into the T&C on his/her own.
BUT, there is nothing in the tablet plan agreement that links it whatsoever to the phone plan you currently have and the actual offer T&C just makes references to the "offer", not to the "agreement/service you get once you accept the offer" when they talk about the coupling to your phone plan. So no, I don't think Fido has worded this promo properly to stand a CRTC challenge. The clause is at best "ambigious" and ambiguity can only be interpreted in the customer's benefit not the carrier's.
Dec 27, 2007
18806 posts
9942 upvotes
Kitchener
shatilas wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 1:37 pm
Today I chatted with a rep and was approved the Huawei Mediapad T5. No $35 fee though.
Correct, $35 activation fee is waived as part of the promo.
Dec 27, 2007
18806 posts
9942 upvotes
Kitchener
bylo wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 11:04 am
I've suggested this several times to RFD management, without any reaction: When someone is about to make a post, especially someone with less than nnn posts, they should get a prompt like, "Have you checked the OP and Thread Summary to see if your question has already been answered?"
It's not like someone who would rather immediately post than reading for few seconds first won't just click the prompt away and post regardless.
It's those that keep answering questions already answered (esp. in OP and thread summary) that (in good faith) do all the "spoon-feeding".
Jul 14, 2019
240 posts
452 upvotes
Toronto
aasoror wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 8:15 pm
If the Huawei is available for you go with that for the bigger display, higher resolution and better CPU.
Thanks for the input but already ordered Galaxy Tablet.

Would you suggest cancel that and go for Huwaie?
Dec 27, 2007
18806 posts
9942 upvotes
Kitchener
Darshan7 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 9:08 pm
Thanks for the input but already ordered Galaxy Tablet.

Would you suggest cancel that and go for Huwaie?
If it can be done without risking the deal, then why not, if there is any risk then no, tab A isn't that bad (it's just that T5 is a better tablet overall).
Dec 27, 2007
18806 posts
9942 upvotes
Kitchener
Thatdealguy wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 9:50 pm
huawei is better but most stores are oos.
Most stores are OOS of the Samsung because of this promo (and the fact that this was the only $0 option for those signing up for 2 years of tablet data till last week).
T5 was on easy-pay till round 2 of this promo (and most stores didn't carry it to start with, I guess because people paying an additional $15 a month was opting for the ipad), T5 isn't even officially a part of the promo (since all marketing material says tab A), but still, it seems that some chat/phone agents don't mind sending it so might try that if you local stores are OOS.
Jul 14, 2019
240 posts
452 upvotes
Toronto
aasoror wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 9:35 pm
If it can be done without risking the deal, then why not, if there is any risk then no, tab A isn't that bad (it's just that T5 is a better tablet overall).
The store offered me T5 but I did Samsung online.

I have seen the T5 but I don't like it so assume A 8 would be good and hence OOS.

Let me see how it goes .
Feb 20, 2017
77 posts
22 upvotes
i tried calling Fido today and the agent was not able to find the offer.
Do you guys recommend that I go to a store to try?

Thanks
Jul 14, 2019
240 posts
452 upvotes
Toronto
mega4ever wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 2:15 am
i tried calling Fido today and the agent was not able to find the offer.
Do you guys recommend that I go to a store to try?

Thanks
If it is not in you Fido Extra then I don't think so.

I heard some people secure the deal with Fido rep. online or with store rep. But it is totally luck by chance thing and depends on the rep. too.

Although never harmful to try. Who knows you got better or good enough deal too
Apr 15, 2009
274 posts
27 upvotes
Was able to get Huawei tablet sent by Fido chat.

Agent told me the reason the other one could not send me a tablet is because they OOS for the Samsung Tab, but if I wanted the Huawei he could send it.
Aug 28, 2016
82 posts
57 upvotes
Called the 1844 # and they offered me free ipad 5th gen "refurbished" for free and 4gb data for 15/mo for 24 mons.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3120 posts
486 upvotes
Winnipeg
Rockabilly wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 10:56 am
Was able to get Huawei tablet sent by Fido chat.

Agent told me the reason the other one could not send me a tablet is because they OOS for the Samsung Tab, but if I wanted the Huawei he could send it.
I'm with a chat agent now, and she told me they can't do it and I need to call or go to the store... so it depends on the chat person