Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

[Fido XTRA] Get a $0 tablet on a FREE 2-year tablet plan (targeted) (Read Thread Summary) Expires 12/31

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2021 1:30 am
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
4501 posts
2892 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Rogues2017 wrote: I just had a chat with their customer care but they say it won’t because there is no note left on the file. I am confused. I will wait and watch based on the comment above.
It's part of the promotion. They shouldn't charge you activation fees, only thing you may be charged for is the taxes on the tablet.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Apr 23, 2015
439 posts
470 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
BTW I'm on the 3rd month of this deal and the charges are still not reversed and they are still charging me for this plan. Need to call to shout at someone later.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2019
1048 posts
1316 upvotes
Toronto
I don't see this offer in the app. I checked over chat and the rep denied the offer.. what's the next step now? Should I check in store - they are ready to offer free tablet with $10 plan LOL..
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2017
1452 posts
888 upvotes
lamboman wrote: It's part of the promotion. They shouldn't charge you activation fees, only thing you may be charged for is the taxes on the tablet.
they did charge me, i saw the bill today and they are not willing to reverse it. Logic based on comments in this thread suggests to wait it out for 2nd month, but I am curious to know did anyone get the avtication/setup fee charged? is some one in a similar situation and what did they do to get rid of it. Thanks in advance.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2019
1048 posts
1316 upvotes
Toronto
Rogues2017 wrote: they did charge me, i saw the bill today and they are not willing to reverse it. Logic based on comments in this thread suggests to wait it out for 2nd month, but I am curious to know did anyone get the avtication/setup fee charged? is some one in a similar situation and what did they do to get rid of it. Thanks in advance.
They have to charge the SSF in the first bill. You should get the credit back in 3rd bill, that's what the rep confirmed over the call.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
4501 posts
2892 upvotes
Toronto, ON
trigger0 wrote: They have to charge the SSF in the first bill. You should get the credit back in 3rd bill, that's what the rep confirmed over the call.
^ This. You will pay for the fee but it gets refunded in 2nd or 3rd billing cycle. I actually cancelled the offer because they gave me the free tablet and free data plan with the sign up of home internet.

The only problem is, I see the home internet going up in price after the 1st year and when you cancel the internet line, you have to pay the remainder of the data plan. Sucks but it's the truth.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Apr 23, 2015
439 posts
470 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
Confirmed, warning on this 'promotion'. You will have to go through hoops to get reimbursed and get the monthly fees waived. I've already spent more than 2 hours and haven't been able to get them reversed after 3 months.
Dec 24, 2017
8 posts
3 upvotes
flowerdealer wrote: Confirmed, warning on this 'promotion'. You will have to go through hoops to get reimbursed and get the monthly fees waived. I've already spent more than 2 hours and haven't been able to get them reversed after 3 months.
SAME! I called last month, they claimed they would refund me the activation fee and payment for the first two months...I got neither refunded

ANYONE DOWN TO DO A CLASS-ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST FIDO??? I know this has happened to several people now
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2019
1048 posts
1316 upvotes
Toronto
trigger0 wrote: I don't see this offer in the app. I checked over chat and the rep denied the offer.. what's the next step now? Should I check in store - they are ready to offer free tablet with $10 plan LOL..
Ok, I finally got the offer after calling in. Here are the key points to note -
  1. Old Fido customer with prepaid plan
  2. Migrated to postpaid call/text plan without any data,
  3. Checked in app, didn't qualify
  4. Checked through chat, didn't qualify. She confirmed that it's a targeted offer for 6 months+ old customer with active call/text/data plan
  5. Again checked after calling, the rep suggested to add a data plan. She upgraded to the basic 250MB plan with call/text for additional 15$ (I will anyway get rid of this, since I just need basic call/text)
  6. Rep applied the 24 months $10 data plan along with free tab promotion
  7. $35 activation fees will be added in first bill, to be credited back in 3rd bill
  8. $10 charge for the first two months bill for data plan might be appear in bill. Rep suggested to check the bill as she was not sure about the $10 credits for the initial two months. However the credits would be applied starting 3rd billing cycle for sure.
  9. She also said, Fido system might apply the credit for the first two months charges in subsequent bills since the promotion terms say credit for 24 months.
  10. Both phone and tab data line are independent and have separate contracts. You may upgrade/downgrade phone line without affecting your tab data line
Apr 23, 2015
439 posts
470 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
rishistan wrote: SAME! I called last month, they claimed they would refund me the activation fee and payment for the first two months...I got neither refunded

ANYONE DOWN TO DO A CLASS-ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST FIDO??? I know this has happened to several people now
After going through hoops today I got some money back and the assurance that the discount would be applied in January. So if you have time on your hands take this deal. If not, avoid it.
Apr 27, 2019
3 posts
1 upvote
So I got the deal, called in, tab was shipped and then a couple of days afterwards got a notification of a change to my account of a credit of 35 dollar credit for setup fee. Did not have to call or wait till even my first bill.

Hope this helps!
Banned
Feb 23, 2004
7940 posts
3542 upvotes
Rogues2017 wrote: Were you guys charged the activitation / setup fee of 35$+tax for this free tab and free plan?
I received my first bill today after getting this a few weeks ago, and I have yet to receive any charges for this.
Banned
Feb 23, 2004
7940 posts
3542 upvotes
My final bill amount is the same as it normally is for my phone data plan.

Judging by this, it looks like I received the adjustment for the $35 activation fee right away.
Images
  • 24C10208-F2C7-477D-96B6-7E7C0E32CDF2.jpeg
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2017
1452 posts
888 upvotes
Balduno wrote: My final bill amount is the same as it normally is for my phone data plan.

Judging by this, it looks like I received the adjustment for the $35 activation fee right away.
i should call the winback and check with them. Hopefully they can revert this charge for me.
Banned
Feb 23, 2004
7940 posts
3542 upvotes
Rogues2017 wrote: i should call the winback and check with them. Hopefully they can revert this charge for me.
As long as you have the screenshots and/or text message saved with this offer, you should have no issues. I kept them just in case something went wrong.
Oct 18, 2010
399 posts
287 upvotes
Got 2 of these tablets on 2 separate lines. Good deal for $0.
Dec 9, 2019
1 posts
The reason why Fido could be giving that for ZERO bucks is to keep the customers tied up for 2 years. There is possibility in next year or so there might be better deals coming with other subscribers
and if you have this cheap tablet 2 yr contract you won't be able to switch. ( I means you can switch but then pay the tablet price)
May 1, 2007
47 posts
9 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
WARNING FOR ALL FIDO SUBSCRIBERS WHO GOT THE PROMO $0 TABLET ON A FREE 2-YEAR 4GB TABLET PLAN

If you had a charge up front that was later to be credited, check if you indeed receive the credit.
I had to call and ask for it, as the system apparently was not set up to give it to me automatically.
If you forget and the system doesn't process it, the money stays in Fido's pocket.

Also, make sure that what they charged you up front for it is what they credit you. I got only a partial credit, as they said 'this is the way the system works' and it's because "any time a new line is established, there is proration from the time the line is established to end of cycle", The Fido rep insisted that I have to bear that cost.

From where I'm standing, a charge for something that was supposed to be $0 is pure theft, especially if it's done in such a sneaky way.
Beware. Check your bills and see if you got your entire credit back.

Fido must be making a killing on all subscribers who accepted the promo and never got the promised credit back, or only got a partial credit.

Offering something at $0, completely free of ANY charge, and then charging the cost of the plan before a next full cycle, however small the amount is, is FALSE ADVERTISING. I'm sure it's illegal and we need to voice it, not to mention to protect ourselves by calling in and demanding what is ours.

I called in, asked them to give me the credit manually. When the rep insisted that I had to pay the $13 of the pro-rated plan before first full month of the 24-month offer kicked in, I asked to speak with the manager. The manager offered me a freebie, and that is much better than nothing.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29129 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
hdsinghca wrote: ( I means you can switch but then pay the tablet price)
Even worse, the price Fido uses for the tablet is inflated. For instance, the Samsung Tab A is shown as $359 on Fido's site but only $289 on Samsung's site.
veni, vidi, Visa

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)