• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2012 10:33 am
Tags:
None
Jan 21, 2007
66 posts
11 upvotes

FidoRewards - FidoDollars Decreased to 4% from 5%

Looking over my latest Fido Bill ... noticed that they are reducing the eligible fees they use to calculate FidoDollars....

[INDENT]On September 6, 2012, we're changing the FidoREWARDS Program so that the
percentage of eligible fees used to calculate FidoDOLLARS under the program
will decrease to 4% (currently 5%). Your first invoice on or after that date will
reflect the new FidoDOLLARS accrual rate. All other aspects of the FidoREWARDS
program will remain the same. Specifically, any FidoDOLLARS earned to the date
of the change are unaffected, the value of each FidoDOLLARS point continues to
correspond to that of one dollar, and the ways you can redeem your FidoDOLLARS
remain unchanged.

In connection with this change, Section 7 of the FidoREWARDS Program Terms
and Conditions will be amended as of September 6, 2012 to reflect the new
FidoDOLLARS accrual rate so that the first part of that section will be as follows:
'Awarding and balance of FidoDOLLARS. In total, 4% of the eligible fees on
a participant's invoice will be attributed in FidoDOLLARS. The balance of the
FidoDOLLARS corresponds to the total amount of FidoDOLLARS accumulated
(available or not) to the nearest cent (with $0.005 rounded upward). For example,
if the eligible fees on the invoice amount to $43.88, the 1.755 in FidoDOLLARS
will be rounded to 1.76 FidoDOLLARS.' Visit fido.ca/terms for the complete
FidoREWARDS Program Terms and Conditions.

For more information, or, if you have any questions, please contact us in any of
the ways listed on page 2 of this invoice. If you wish to respond to this notice,
please see the Fido Terms and Conditions previously provided to you and posted
at fido.ca/terms for any remedy available to you. Thank you.

[/INDENT]

Does this mean since they are changing our contract we can cancel without penalty? :)
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2006
7548 posts
387 upvotes
Scarborough
g2fl wrote:
Aug 15th, 2012 11:05 am
Looking over my latest Fido Bill ... noticed that they are reducing the eligible fees they use to calculate FidoDollars....
Does this mean since they are changing our contract we can cancel without penalty? :)
You can write them, within 30 days of receiving the notice, telling them that you do not accept the change of terms, and until your contract runs out, they are required to continue giving you 5%.

If they refuse that, then yes, you are within your legal rights, to cancel without penalty.

However, you must send in writing, the notice that you do not accept the terms. Send it Signature Required, so you know it's picked up, and send it to the address on your monthly bill.
No, I do NOT have any Z10's or Z30's left for sale. Stop PM'ing me!
BST Reference: Heatware | RFD
Wins: 2010 - Asus G73Sw-AY1 / 2012 - $50 BB Card in "RFD OT Reboot" / 2013 - MobilSyrup.com Samsung Galaxy note 8.0 LTE from Bell
Aug 24, 2011
84 posts
15 upvotes
TORONTO
To answer your question, no. Our existing cancellation policy will apply to customers wishing to cancel their terms early.
g2fl wrote:
Aug 15th, 2012 11:05 am

[INDENT]On September 6, 2012, we're changing the FidoREWARDS Program so that the
percentage of eligible fees used to calculate FidoDOLLARS under the program
will decrease to 4% (currently 5%). Your first invoice on or after that date will
reflect the new FidoDOLLARS accrual rate. All other aspects of the FidoREWARDS
program will remain the same. Specifically, any FidoDOLLARS earned to the date
of the change are unaffected, the value of each FidoDOLLARS point continues to
correspond to that of one dollar, and the ways you can redeem your FidoDOLLARS
remain unchanged.

In connection with this change, Section 7 of the FidoREWARDS Program Terms
and Conditions will be amended as of September 6, 2012 to reflect the new
FidoDOLLARS accrual rate so that the first part of that section will be as follows:
'Awarding and balance of FidoDOLLARS. In total, 4% of the eligible fees on
a participant's invoice will be attributed in FidoDOLLARS. The balance of the
FidoDOLLARS corresponds to the total amount of FidoDOLLARS accumulated
(available or not) to the nearest cent (with $0.005 rounded upward). For example,
if the eligible fees on the invoice amount to $43.88, the 1.755 in FidoDOLLARS
will be rounded to 1.76 FidoDOLLARS.' Visit fido.ca/terms for the complete
FidoREWARDS Program Terms and Conditions.

For more information, or, if you have any questions, please contact us in any of
the ways listed on page 2 of this invoice. If you wish to respond to this notice,
please see the Fido Terms and Conditions previously provided to you and posted
at fido.ca/terms for any remedy available to you. Thank you.

[/INDENT]

Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1268 posts
58 upvotes
RogersChris wrote:
Aug 15th, 2012 3:52 pm
To answer your question, no. Our existing cancellation policy will apply to customers wishing to cancel their terms early.
Shocking answer from a Robbers Rep.

To answer OP's question from a user who opposes Robbers' anti-competitive, contract-manipulating customer intimidation tactics, you are indeed correct that this is cause to break out of your contract, provided your contract expressly stated the 5% payout rate.

Fido will not go down without a fight so you will most likely require the CCTS's assistance with this matter.

www.ccts-cprst.ca
Rogers is the worst company in Canada. I hate them so much I am using my signature space to warn you, the reader, to stay away from them.
Please, do not give them your business.
Thank you.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
6239 posts
164 upvotes
RogersChris wrote:
Is it hunting season already? BRB while I sharpen my ice cream scoop.
RFD's Resident Ol' School Rap Guru
No, you're not entitled to your own opinion, you're only entitled to what you can argue for.
Otherwise, don't start.

*VESTAX* PMC-05PROIII Battle Mixer for sale!!
Sep 27, 2003
7446 posts
1176 upvotes
Newmarket
RogersChris wrote:
Why do you say this? Why do the existing terms of cancellation apply for this specific scenario; just wondering...
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
1473 posts
65 upvotes
Markham, ON
I think you can put up a fight so long it states on your contract.
Sep 27, 2003
7446 posts
1176 upvotes
Newmarket
dnyc wrote:
Aug 15th, 2012 10:07 pm
I think you can put up a fight so long it states on your contract.
According to RogersChris, this will be impossible ;)
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
1473 posts
65 upvotes
Markham, ON
Rogers employees lets emotions takeover when dealing with cancellation. Soon as you argue with good reason they become rude and unprofessional. True story, spoke to one just the other day. Got their name and interaction ID and will have that escalated.
[OP]
Jan 21, 2007
66 posts
11 upvotes
Looked at the Terms and Conditions online under my account ... unfortunately for Fido Rewards they have updated the section indicating that they have specific conditions pre September 6 and post Post September 6 2012. I have a good plan (which is actually covered by work) otherwise I would have pushed this further. For other people looking to get out of their contract all the power to you! Hopefully common sense will prevail and you are freed without penalty.

@ RogersChris - why do you say the existing cancellation policy still applies? Can you please provide a justification?
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1278 posts
87 upvotes
Instead of being a contract of agreed services between two parties, Rogers views the contract as restrictive conditions placed upon you which Rogers is free to change at any time. Rogers would say: "If you don't agree to those terms, don't sign the contract in the first place and they won't provide you with cellular service."

I think it's a sad state of affairs that Canadian wireless customers have been conditioned into accepting such contracts which give companies all the power.
Apr 15, 2009
191 posts
16 upvotes
I tried to cancel on the premise that they were decreasing the Fido Dollar from 5% to 4%, and what the supervisor said is that this is a gift, so it is not applicable because it is not part of the terms/agreement.
Then I said fine, but what about the SMS exceeding the allotted SMS going from $0.20 to $0.25? She said that I would not be affected and that I would still pay $0.20 and my rate will never go up.
What do you guys think? Is this BS or are they right?
Nov 9, 2006
261 posts
35 upvotes
Montreal
You must read the terms of service from when you signed the contract. If fido dollars are in the terms of service from when you signed you should be cancel. It still depends on how it is worded as well.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2006
7548 posts
387 upvotes
Scarborough
Rockabilly wrote:
Aug 16th, 2012 1:26 pm
I tried to cancel on the premise that they were decreasing the Fido Dollar from 5% to 4%, and what the supervisor said is that this is a gift, so it is not applicable because it is not part of the terms/agreement.
Then I said fine, but what about the SMS exceeding the allotted SMS going from $0.20 to $0.25? She said that I would not be affected and that I would still pay $0.20 and my rate will never go up.
What do you guys think? Is this BS or are they right?
Contact CCTS. They know better than we on RFD do. CCTS is better to ask than even a Rogers Rep.
No, I do NOT have any Z10's or Z30's left for sale. Stop PM'ing me!
BST Reference: Heatware | RFD
Wins: 2010 - Asus G73Sw-AY1 / 2012 - $50 BB Card in "RFD OT Reboot" / 2013 - MobilSyrup.com Samsung Galaxy note 8.0 LTE from Bell
× < >