PC & Video Games

Fighting Games general topic

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2017 12:25 pm
Apr 28, 2017
21 posts
7 upvotes
Pretty excited for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. Expecting much from this game as I've read that they are introducing more characters to the game, plus intensed working is done on the graphics as well. Can't wait for the launch.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5602 posts
1175 upvotes
Tekken 7 Details:

900p native resolution 60fps high settings on PS4 and XBox One.
1080p native resolution 60fps on PS4 Pro. Tekken 7 is a more graphically demanding since it uses Unreal Engine 4.

source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1336898
Tekken 7 Season Pass (available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam, $25) will grant players access to three content packs aimed to extend the Tekken 7 experience and will include new playable characters, new stages, a new game mode, costume packs, and a bonus 35-piece Metallic Costume Pack. *Each DLC pack contained within the Tekken 7 Season Pass may also be purchased separately.

Tekken 7 Pre-order Bonus (available today for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam) will feature DLC access to Eliza*, the famed vampire character that made her Tekken debut in Tekken Revolution. Xbox One players will be treated to an added bonus of receiving a free copy of Tekken 6 that takes advantage of the backwards compatible capabilities of the Xbox One platform. *Eliza will be released as paid DLC at a later date.

The PlayStation 4 version of Tekken 7 will contain exclusive content: legacy costumes from Tekken 4 and Tekken 2 for King, Xiaoyu and Jin as well as a Jukebox Mode where fans can listen to classic Tekken music tracks and even create playlists of Tekken music to listen to while they play. Supports PS VR.
One of the Season Pass DLC characters will likely be Christie Monteiro since she is absent from the roster and the
arcade version but is a well-established character in the series.

Last edited by XFactor11 on May 19th, 2017 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5602 posts
1175 upvotes
Digital Foundry analyzes and compares Injustice 2 on consoles:

Summary by chandoog on neogaf:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1377324

Uses a custom Unreal 3 Engine (Unreal 3 was also used last gen) instead of Unreal Engine 4.

Visuals:
- PS4 Pro 1440p native resolution, which will supersample for 1080p displays.
- Regular PS4 1080p, XB1 900p.
- From the developers: Shadowing, Texture Quality and Motion Blur all get improved on Pro.
- 1080p TV owners most likely are getting either super sampling or extra AA. Rich did not nail it down but said the image quality is much better than OG PS4's either way.
- Motion blur on PS4 Pro is noticeably better and reduces the dithering seen in OG PS4 and XB1 where motion blur is applied.
- Pro has slightly improved AO as well.
- PS4 Pro Texture quality is enhanced but not substantially.

Performance:
- Locked 60 FPS for gameplay and 30 FPS for super moves and intro cut-scenes.
- No screen tearing observed on PS4 Pro.
- PS4 regular and XBox One screen tearing observed. More noticeable when playing online.
- XB1 was observed to have a few more torn frames during cut-scenes.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5602 posts
1175 upvotes
Picked up Ultra Street Fighter II for the Switch:

The "New Style" music and sound effects use the Asian voice actors
that sound FOB (especially Cammy whom is supposed to be from the UK) so I would not recommend playing with the new sound on.
The classic style sound effects use the voices from the American arcade version which sound more like how the characters are supposed to:

The online mode is greyed out, I think it will should be patched in tomorrow for the official release.
I would recommend changing the Arcade mode difficulty to a few settings above Normal difficulty because the default difficulty is way too easy.
I played on Tough difficulty (one above the default Normal) in the videos below.

Ken playthrough "New style sounds and music":

Violent Ken playthrough "Classic style sounds and music"

co-op battles
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1041 posts
134 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
May 25th, 2017 4:29 pm
Picked up Ultra Street Fighter II for the Switch:

The online mode is greyed out, I think it will should be patched in tomorrow for the official release.
Let me know how's the netcode for this. I would probably skip this one if the online is bad, arcade stick availability is another one.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel