PC & Video Games

Fighting Games general topic

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2017 4:40 pm
Banned
Apr 28, 2017
38 posts
25 upvotes
Pretty excited for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. Expecting much from this game as I've read that they are introducing more characters to the game, plus intensed working is done on the graphics as well. Can't wait for the launch.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5852 posts
1229 upvotes
Tekken 7 Details:

900p native resolution 60fps high settings on PS4 and XBox One.
1080p native resolution 60fps on PS4 Pro. Tekken 7 is a more graphically demanding since it uses Unreal Engine 4.

source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1336898
Tekken 7 Season Pass (available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam, $25) will grant players access to three content packs aimed to extend the Tekken 7 experience and will include new playable characters, new stages, a new game mode, costume packs, and a bonus 35-piece Metallic Costume Pack. *Each DLC pack contained within the Tekken 7 Season Pass may also be purchased separately.

Tekken 7 Pre-order Bonus (available today for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam) will feature DLC access to Eliza*, the famed vampire character that made her Tekken debut in Tekken Revolution. Xbox One players will be treated to an added bonus of receiving a free copy of Tekken 6 that takes advantage of the backwards compatible capabilities of the Xbox One platform. *Eliza will be released as paid DLC at a later date.

The PlayStation 4 version of Tekken 7 will contain exclusive content: legacy costumes from Tekken 4 and Tekken 2 for King, Xiaoyu and Jin as well as a Jukebox Mode where fans can listen to classic Tekken music tracks and even create playlists of Tekken music to listen to while they play. Supports PS VR.
One of the Season Pass DLC characters will likely be Christie Monteiro since she is absent from the roster and the
arcade version but is a well-established character in the series.

Last edited by XFactor11 on May 19th, 2017 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5852 posts
1229 upvotes
Digital Foundry analyzes and compares Injustice 2 on consoles:

Summary by chandoog on neogaf:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1377324

Uses a custom Unreal 3 Engine (Unreal 3 was also used last gen) instead of Unreal Engine 4.

Visuals:
- PS4 Pro 1440p native resolution, which will supersample for 1080p displays.
- Regular PS4 1080p, XB1 900p.
- From the developers: Shadowing, Texture Quality and Motion Blur all get improved on Pro.
- 1080p TV owners most likely are getting either super sampling or extra AA. Rich did not nail it down but said the image quality is much better than OG PS4's either way.
- Motion blur on PS4 Pro is noticeably better and reduces the dithering seen in OG PS4 and XB1 where motion blur is applied.
- Pro has slightly improved AO as well.
- PS4 Pro Texture quality is enhanced but not substantially.

Performance:
- Locked 60 FPS for gameplay and 30 FPS for super moves and intro cut-scenes.
- No screen tearing observed on PS4 Pro.
- PS4 regular and XBox One screen tearing observed. More noticeable when playing online.
- XB1 was observed to have a few more torn frames during cut-scenes.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5852 posts
1229 upvotes
Picked up Ultra Street Fighter II for the Switch:

The "New Style" music and sound effects use the Asian voice actors
that sound FOB (especially Cammy whom is supposed to be from the UK) so I would not recommend playing with the new sound on.
The classic style sound effects use the voices from the American arcade version which sound more like how the characters are supposed to:

The online mode is greyed out, I think it will should be patched in tomorrow for the official release.
I would recommend changing the Arcade mode difficulty to a few settings above Normal difficulty because the default difficulty is way too easy.
I played on Tough difficulty (one above the default Normal) in the videos below.

Ken playthrough "New style sounds and music":

Violent Ken playthrough "Classic style sounds and music"

co-op battles
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1053 posts
138 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
May 25th, 2017 4:29 pm
Picked up Ultra Street Fighter II for the Switch:

The online mode is greyed out, I think it will should be patched in tomorrow for the official release.
Let me know how's the netcode for this. I would probably skip this one if the online is bad, arcade stick availability is another one.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5852 posts
1229 upvotes
The online mode is solid and fast to connect from what I played so far.

I would always recommend an Arcade stick first for any fighting game,
but with the Switch there are not many fighting games on it aside from USSFII and the Neo Geo ports in the eShop.

The Pro controller is the 2nd best option for controls on the Switch for fighting games after an arcade stick. The only compatible Arcade stick on the Switch is the Hori Real Arcade Pro which does
not release until July anyway.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarde ... 20ed3277fd

I beat most of my opponents online but lost a couple of matches because I could not reliably pull off Chun Li's Supermove a couple of times already on the Pro Controller.

I am using a 250 Mbps down / 20 MBps Up connection:

Over wifi on the Switch I am getting 32 Mbps down/ 10 Mbps up.
Over wifi on the PS4 Pro I get 69 Mbps down / 2 Mbps up according to the wifi speed tests done on the system.

If you want to get the most out of your connection speeds use a wired connection. Wired on PS4 Pro or PS4 I get 240 Mbps Down/ 20 MBps Up.
The Switch does not have a wired internet option but I did not experience lag against opponents that were showing as 2 or 3 out of 5 bars speed.

For online ranked matches, you can play the same opponent in first to two wins matches in up to 3 sets in a row.
I was able to connect to opponents within a few seconds unlike with Injustice 2.
parapudaw wrote:
May 26th, 2017 12:25 pm
Let me know how's the netcode for this. I would probably skip this one if the online is bad, arcade stick availability is another one.
Wifi speeds Nintendo Switch

Wifi speeds PS4 Pro
Last edited by XFactor11 on May 27th, 2017 7:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5076 posts
1559 upvotes
Toronto
XFactor11 wrote:
May 27th, 2017 7:57 am
I am using a 250 Mbps down / 20 MBps Up connection:

Over wifi on the Switch I am getting 32 Mbps down/ 10 Mbps up.
Over wifi on the PS4 Pro I get 69 Mbps down / 2 Mbps up according to the wifi speed tests done on the system.

If you want to get the most out of your connection speeds use a wired connection. Wired on PS4 Pro or PS4 I get 240 Mbps Down/ 20 MBps Up.
The Switch does not have a wired internet option but I did not experience lag against opponents that were showing as 2 or 3 out of 5 bars speed.
If you want to know how good or not your connection is for online gaming you should be looking at ping more so than total bandwidth throughput which only really matters for large donwloads and streaming. Online games operate on kilobytes if not bytes of data so having 10 or 100 MPBS doesn't really make a difference in this context. In theory someone with a 10MBPS connection could have a better online gaming experience if their hardware and network is capable of lower pings
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5852 posts
1229 upvotes
Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator 2 released a couple days ago.
It is a follow up to last year's Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator.
Summary: Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 includes all previously released DLC from -REVELATOR- as well as new fighters, modes, moves, story chapters and more. It's never been a better time to be a 2.5D brawler in the post apocalypse. Hone your skills with an eclectic cast of 25 insane fighters and prove your mettle as the ultimate fighting master.

It currently has an 87 metacritic average:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstat ... -xrd-rev-2

Amazon was late with shipping again as usual so I did not get it this weekend.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5076 posts
1559 upvotes
Toronto
Tekken 7 looks absolutely fantastic. I had no idea it was even coming out and just took a look at some preview videos and reviews. This is the first fighting game I'm actually looking forward to picking up in a very long time
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1053 posts
138 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
May 31st, 2017 4:23 pm
Tekken 7 has an 81 metacritic average so far, which is about the same as how the last Tekken game, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 scored (an 82 average):
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstat ... n-7?ref=hp

I will be picking it up later today.
Lucky you. I'll be on my holiday next week so I won't be able to play it till the 3rd week of June. How do you get early release? Mom and Pops store? :)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5076 posts
1559 upvotes
Toronto
No idea what to make of reviews but the amount of content and gameplay looks great to me. Will pick it up later this year when it hits $20-30
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5852 posts
1229 upvotes
Some independent stores sell games early. There are a few in Toronto.
The ones I know only allow me to get them early if I pre-order weeks in advance and put a deposit down.

They charge full retail price but having it early sometimes beats out the 20% off from Amazon Prime because Amazon Prime does not always ship on time.
I only just received Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator 2 from Amazon Prime a day ago, therefore it was 4 days late.
parapudaw wrote:
May 31st, 2017 4:54 pm
Lucky you. I'll be on my holiday next week so I won't be able to play it till the 3rd week of June. How do you get early release? Mom and Pops store? :)
Jul 28, 2010
765 posts
386 upvotes
Vancouver
I recently got Rev 2 but I can't stop looking at Tekken 7 streams. I wish I had more time to play games. :(
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5852 posts
1229 upvotes
Marvel vs Capcom Inifinite roster has been leaked according to neogaf:
(Take as a rumor for now but these neogaf leaks usually end up being true).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... 898&page=1
Posted by user Ryce:

Capcom:

Arthur
Chris Redfield
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Marvel:
Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I’m not sure if it’s just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

The Capcom side is missing a character, but it’s probably someone like Frank West.
And for dlc

Oh, Venom is coming as DLC, but I don't know when.
28 characters in the base roster + 6 for first season dlc (sigma confirmed, venom leaked)

Last edited by XFactor11 on Jun 3rd, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.