- Has all character ending movies from all previous Tekken games unlockable in the gallery.
- Story mode is grittier and darker than in previous Tekken games.
- No character endings in arcade mode for Tekken 7. Fight 6 battles in Arcade mode and it is over. I think all the character endings are only in the new Story mode this time.
- Many returning characters have the same movesets they've had since Tekken 5.
- Boxing Kangaroo character Rodger was finished pulled out of the roster due Namco caving in to whining Animal Activists (it's a videogame!)
- Most of the voice acting is Japanese with English subtitles. (The announcer is in English).
- Characters speak in their native languages only and other characters somehow all understand one another.
- For example there are Japanese (most of them are) characters, English, Italian, Chinese, Spanish, etc characters.
- Characters that previously spoke English in previous Tekkens now speak French is they are from a French country, etc.
With Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator 2, I think it made the least improvements over the previous one.
There are only a couple new characters over the DLC characters from last year's game. I am also not a fan of some
of the grating heavy metal music tracks on some of the stages and menus. Overall, GG Xrd Revelator 2 seems like more of an expansion than a full sequel.