Tags:
None
Jun 24, 2013
481 posts
977 upvotes
Mississauga
kelvint911 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 12:39 am
Any updates since then? It's supposed to be a prosecutor before you see a JP, the prosecutor would just offer you a good deal (50% off or more from what I read in this 12 pages thread). Then you plead guilty in the court.... What's your story?
yes, actually, we had no benefit from going, as he was straight sent to judge and no percentage off, do not know the reason, they asked 265 is ok, so my husband thought that he will pay 265 but then they add tax and other fees and it was same 325, it was the first time so my husband just got confused, and realized after getting other paper for payments.
Oct 31, 2014
80 posts
2 upvotes
Gloucester, ON
hennamomin wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 1:54 pm
yes, actually, we had no benefit from going, as he was straight sent to judge and no percentage off, do not know the reason, they asked 265 is ok, so my husband thought that he will pay 265 but then they add tax and other fees and it was same 325, it was the first time so my husband just got confused, and realized after getting other paper for payments.
Thanks for your update!
Looks like we need to take Option 1, then schedule a trial, then after a few months (someone waited for over 1 year, then got waived because of the unreasonable waiting time by the law) we will see the prosecutor who will just offer a 50% off discount. Afterwards, meet the justice and confirm the fee/time to pay...

While Option 2 will give us the same situation as you, straight to the justice and confirm plead of guilty...

I'm a bit confused too. Or do we just opt for Option 2 then insist we couldn't afford this and ask for lesser fee in front of the justice.

Can someone tell me the answer?? Thank you.
Jun 24, 2013
481 posts
977 upvotes
Mississauga
kelvint911 wrote:
Apr 30th, 2017 11:11 am
Thanks for your update!
Looks like we need to take Option 1, then schedule a trial, then after a few months (someone waited for over 1 year, then got waived because of the unreasonable waiting time by the law) we will see the prosecutor who will just offer a 50% off discount. Afterwards, meet the justice and confirm the fee/time to pay...

While Option 2 will give us the same situation as you, straight to the justice and confirm plead of guilty...

I'm a bit confused too. Or do we just opt for Option 2 then insist we couldn't afford this and ask for lesser fee in front of the justice.

Can someone tell me the answer?? Thank you.
if you go ask for total, to pay 50% as my husband made mistake and we have to pay 325
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
4979 posts
533 upvotes
Hope you take a day off, go fight it, and get the full ticket.

Running reds is so dumb and dangerous.

Also, people who fight every ticket, even when they know they did the act is the reason our courts are so backed up and costs the taxpayers thousands of dollars.
Oct 31, 2014
80 posts
2 upvotes
Gloucester, ON
hennamomin wrote:
Apr 30th, 2017 1:44 pm
if you go ask for total, to pay 50% as my husband made mistake and we have to pay 325
True... Did you go to court and take Option 2 (Plea of Guilty -Submissions as to Penalty) within 15 days? Some of my friends told me if we show up in the court (doesn't matter whether plead guilty or not), they will ask for the driver's license and put some sort of "record" on the file which the insurance company will know it next year. But from what I've read on the Internet, the prosecutor and judge don't care about it and just wanna make it quick, thus they wouldn't do that at all since they couldn't make sure I was the driver even if I plead guilty.

I know there won't be any demerit. But still not sure if it's worth this risk of being recorded on the file. Would you recommend that I go to the court tomorrow and ask for lesser fee and don't show them the driver's license?
Jun 24, 2013
481 posts
977 upvotes
Mississauga
kelvint911 wrote:
Apr 30th, 2017 3:53 pm
True... Did you go to court and take Option 2 (Plea of Guilty -Submissions as to Penalty) within 15 days? Some of my friends told me if we show up in the court (doesn't matter whether plead guilty or not), they will ask for the driver's license and put some sort of "record" on the file which the insurance company will know it next year. But from what I've read on the Internet, the prosecutor and judge don't care about it and just wanna make it quick, thus they wouldn't do that at all since they couldn't make sure I was the driver even if I plead guilty.

I know there won't be any demerit. But still not sure if it's worth this risk of being recorded on the file. Would you recommend that I go to the court tomorrow and ask for lesser fee and don't show them the driver's license?

i do not think they do any remarks on it- as it was everyone lined up and pleaded guilty and asked to pay right now or after and if paying rightnow then you just pay it and if need time they will send you letter with date and due amount to pay- if you have time just go once and see what is going on there- then decide..
Oct 31, 2014
80 posts
2 upvotes
Gloucester, ON
hennamomin wrote:
Apr 30th, 2017 5:22 pm
i do not think they do any remarks on it- as it was everyone lined up and pleaded guilty and asked to pay right now or after and if paying rightnow then you just pay it and if need time they will send you letter with date and due amount to pay- if you have time just go once and see what is going on there- then decide..
Thanks for your useful info. It sounds like prosecutor/judge was finishing all the cases and didn't report it to the driving record at all, which is my main concern. As long as the insurance company can't see any conviction on my record, I'm willing to pay a reduced fine.

I just read the sticky post here, someone mentioned that sometimes even the court clerk can reduce the fine. Do I need to meet the judge even I plead guilty to the prosecutor? Seems you and your husband missed the prosecutor and got straight to the judge....

Anyway, I really appreciate your advice :)
Jun 24, 2013
481 posts
977 upvotes
Mississauga
kelvint911 wrote:
Apr 30th, 2017 5:53 pm
Thanks for your useful info. It sounds like prosecutor/judge was finishing all the cases and didn't report it to the driving record at all, which is my main concern. As long as the insurance company can't see any conviction on my record, I'm willing to pay a reduced fine.

I just read the sticky post here, someone mentioned that sometihmes even the court clerk can reduce the fine. Do I need to meet the judge even I plead guilty to the prosecutor? Seems you and your husband missed the prosecutor and got straight to the judge....

Anyway, I really appreciate your advice :)
we did apply for the prosecutor, but when my husband went there they were directing every single person to judge, so confusing, as only if you want to challenge they give you another date to come back, you should go in person and ask for better idea, as they do not give you any information on the ph. as my husband say if we pay without going in it will affect your driving points.

check this out- hopefully will help- http://trafficticketsolutions.ca/red-light.php
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
2417 posts
306 upvotes
Scarborough
what the ****!!! got a fine for this BS red light camera all because the city is broke. $325 fine?? Im a freaking student, how the hell do I pay something like that when I supposedly ran a red light 0.0001 seconds after it changed from yellow to red? Giant middle finger to the bitch ass cops and the bitch ass wynne/trudeau and the **** city. Safety my ass...another cash grab by the government as usual.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
3570 posts
2220 upvotes
GTA
blaznazn22 wrote:
May 13th, 2017 2:48 am
what the ****!!! got a fine for this BS red light camera all because the city is broke. $325 fine?? Im a freaking student, how the hell do I pay something like that when I supposedly ran a red light 0.0001 seconds after it changed from yellow to red? Giant middle finger to the bitch ass cops and the bitch ass wynne/trudeau and the **** city. Safety my ass...another cash grab by the government as usual.
How about you stop crying for your own mistakes and take responsibility for your actions.
Nobody has sympathy for you, especially here.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
3570 posts
2220 upvotes
GTA
Yea, 0.3 sec after the red means you had 2-4 sec after the yellow to stop before the intersection. Or maybe you just ignore yellows all together? It won't happen to me because I stop when the light turns yellow. No excuse for you to get caught in a red light buddy. Grow up and learn your lesson.
And yes, you are looking for someone to agree with you here, otherwise why would you be crying about it?
Last edited by TomRFD on May 13th, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quoted post was removed
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7715 posts
2594 upvotes
Toronto
Wow...can do lots with 325 bucks!!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13187 posts
3208 upvotes
I would also be pissed off by a red light camera ticket, especially since some cities shorten yellows or desync camera traffic lights in order to increase revenue, and even the fact that yellow should probably be a second longer which would eliminate over 75% of tickets (iirc, a study i saw years back).
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
May 13th, 2017 8:51 pm
Wow...can do lots with 325 bucks!!
Indeed 32,500 penny candies if they still exist
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
May 18, 2017
1 posts
So I'm probably gonna get a ticket for running a red light because I saw a light flash after I passed through the intersection. So I was wondering if the following reasoning could be used in court for trying to fight the ticket. I was going 50km/hr in a 60 zone and as I am getting to the intersection I see that there is a hand sign on the cross walk, but no timer to let me know when it is turning yellow. I started to increase my speed to prevent me running the red light, but when the yellow light came up it barely lasted, probably 2 seconds, it was super quick. The reason I felt it was quick is because I've gone through this intersection atleast 2 hundred times for work so I kinda of know how long the light would last. When it did turn yellow I had no choice but to continue to accelerating because if I had stopped I would have came to a screeching stop in the middle of intersection. The reason why it took so long for me to accelerate to 60km/hr is that my muffler has to be replace which makes it a bit harder to reach the speed not to mention my brakes aren't the greatest especially for a situation like this which I have to react so quick. I could be doing this all for nothing b/c this happened like an hr ago and I could be tripping, but rather safe than sorry. Any other help would be appreciated thanks
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
3570 posts
2220 upvotes
GTA
Raps1331 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 11:30 pm
So I'm probably gonna get a ticket for running a red light because I saw a light flash after I passed through the intersection. So I was wondering if the following reasoning could be used in court for trying to fight the ticket. I was going 50km/hr in a 60 zone and as I am getting to the intersection I see that there is a hand sign on the cross walk, but no timer to let me know when it is turning yellow. I started to increase my speed to prevent me running the red light, but when the yellow light came up it barely lasted, probably 2 seconds, it was super quick. The reason I felt it was quick is because I've gone through this intersection atleast 2 hundred times for work so I kinda of know how long the light would last. When it did turn yellow I had no choice but to continue to accelerating because if I had stopped I would have came to a screeching stop in the middle of intersection. The reason why it took so long for me to accelerate to 60km/hr is that my muffler has to be replace which makes it a bit harder to reach the speed not to mention my brakes aren't the greatest especially for a situation like this which I have to react so quick. I could be doing this all for nothing b/c this happened like an hr ago and I could be tripping, but rather safe than sorry. Any other help would be appreciated thanks
2 second yellow is plenty of time to stop for a light. Not maintaining your car properly is your responsibility, so bad brakes is not an excuse. If you can't react to a yellow light you have no business being on the road.