Tags:
None
Aug 24, 2005
113 posts
50 upvotes
GTA

Fighting Traffic Tickets gets interesting

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Conten ... alogin=yes

According to the article, 63% of traffic tickets are withdrawn because of office no-shows at the court. City is planning to pass a bill which will pay officers overtime to attend court proceedings.

Change your driving habits :idea:
5 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2004
2692 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
umroayyar wrote:City is planning to pass a bill which will pay officers overtime to attend court proceedings.
I thought they already paid them overtime to attend court proceedings? or at least that's what people have said
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
11550 posts
5377 upvotes
Moving target
Agent_J wrote:I thought they already paid them overtime to attend court proceedings? or at least that's what people have said
Thats what I thought, I only had 1 no show when I was figiting a ticket for my dad. HE got off.

Parking enforcement officers A L W A Y S show up, I hate those bastards
Autocorrect sucks
Aug 24, 2005
113 posts
50 upvotes
GTA
GangStarr wrote:Thats what I thought, I only had 1 no show when I was figiting a ticket for my dad. HE got off.

Parking enforcement officers A L W A Y S show up, I hate those bastards
Parking Enforcement Officers have nothing better to do, they are the ticketeers!
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
11550 posts
5377 upvotes
Moving target
umroayyar wrote:Parking Enforcement Officers have nothing better to do, they are the ticketeers!
So true,

I think the point of this article is the fact that there adding more JP's specially trained for traffic cases to expidite the backlog. I think they should just throw out all current tickets :) that be nice...
Autocorrect sucks
Aug 6, 2005
397 posts
2 upvotes
well now because of all the abuse on the system the cop doesnt actually have to be in court. Can you believe it this sucks. I guess its time to start driving slower :|