Figuring out what type of faucet cartridge I need

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2018 2:57 pm
Deal Addict
May 11, 2003
2842 posts
720 upvotes

Figuring out what type of faucet cartridge I need

I've got a drinking/filtered water faucet in my kitchen, and the faucet has these curious leaks. Without having touched the faucet for at least a few hours, a small stream of water will come out, and then stop. It does this every few hours or so. I've tightened the handle etc but no luck. I presume that I'll have to change the cartridge.

I've figured out how to take it apart and can get the to cartridge, but I have no idea what brand it is or what to ask for at Home Depot/Lowes. How do I figure out what to buy?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4682 posts
3975 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Pictures are worth a thousand words.Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Even then it may be hard to tell what type it is. Take to a "real" plumbing supply shop, as you'll probably have a better chance of finding the right cartridge.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2008
1682 posts
1580 upvotes
Etobicoke
Most of the main brand names (Moen, Delta etc) offer lifetime guarantee .
Deal Addict
May 11, 2003
2842 posts
720 upvotes
Just to clarify: This is a reverse osmosis faucet. I remembered the store where it was purchased, so I think I can go there to see if they still sell it (and the parts). Just have to see if I still have the receipt to get the model. All I remember is that it was a non-air gapped faucet.

I'll need to drain the tank before I take it apart and take pictures. I'll post them when I've got them.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
May 12, 2009
814 posts
380 upvotes
Many filtered water faucets come with the filter and will not offer lifetime guarantees/no-name.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
13378 posts
8308 upvotes
Brampton
e-man wrote: Just to clarify: This is a reverse osmosis faucet. I remembered the store where it was purchased, so I think I can go there to see if they still sell it (and the parts). Just have to see if I still have the receipt to get the model. All I remember is that it was a non-air gapped faucet.

I'll need to drain the tank before I take it apart and take pictures. I'll post them when I've got them.
Chances are it won't be a cartridge, if you're lucky you can replace the o-ring. If it's a cheaper one then you gotta replace the entire tap (it's not designed to be taken apart and repaired).

Luckily RO faucets are pretty universal You can easily find a non air-gap one on Amazon for $25-100 (Depend on what style you want).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)