[OP]
Deal Addict
May 20, 2010
3296 posts
429 upvotes
Super Synagogio Worl…

Filipino fast food chain Jollibee opening in Toronto

From http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2015/03 ... n_toronto/

[QUOTE]For anyone familiar with the cuisine of the Philippines, this is big news: Jollibee, a Manila-based fast food chain that's widely seen as the country's answer to McDonalds, is planning to open a restaurant in Toronto. The company, which already has about 30 stores in the U.S., has chosen Toronto for their first Canadian store, with their CFO saying they hope to be open here within the year.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling ilovejaneandfinch is gonna love this. :cheesygri

The Aloha burger on Joillibee's menu might give Fresh Burger a run for their money too :-0
488 replies
Oct 24, 2005
902 posts
143 upvotes
No one tell ilovejaneandfinch
2006 - Pepsi/Frito Lay Win Every Hour Contest - 1279 Entries - Loser!
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2006
4165 posts
172 upvotes
North York
I hope they open it in a Filipino area and not in the centre of downtown.
If you drive dangerously I hope you get caught and lose your license/car/dignity! :twisted: :twisted:
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4263 upvotes
What are they known for?

What's are some must-try items on the menu?
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12575 posts
1887 upvotes
Toronto
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote:
Mar 24th, 2015 4:52 pm
What are they known for?

What's are some must-try items on the menu?
If they offer "Mix-ins" here, Dairy Queen might have some new competition.

"made with real Hershey's Kisses" is one of their choices:

[IMG]http://outoftownblog.com/wp-content/upl ... ix-ins.jpg[/IMG]

Breakfast looks good with their "Pancake sandwich".

[IMG]http://www.jollibee.com.ph/wp-content/u ... aero-2.jpg[/IMG]

I think they're also going after Wendy's with their "Cheesy bacon Mushroom Champ" burger. I wonder how it'll compare...

[IMG]http://www.jollibee.com.ph/wp-content/u ... slider.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2007
1192 posts
33 upvotes
Now it's probably a matter of time until Lotteria comes here lol
Feb 4, 2007
245 posts
28 upvotes
It's all about their fried chicken, Chicken Joy!

It's the only local fast food franchise to outsell McDonald's in any country that has a McDonald's in the world. Legit!
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2007
1192 posts
33 upvotes
kaioshinkidd wrote:
Mar 24th, 2015 6:44 pm
It's all about their fried chicken, Chicken Joy!

It's the only local fast food franchise to outsell McDonald's in any country that has a McDonald's in the world. Legit!
Not the only one actually, Lotteria also outsells McDonalds in South Korea.

But of course it's not like Lotteria isn't special either... Its basically just a mcdonalds jr that also sells chicken and has mostly gimmicky burgers.

I've heard of Jolibees and will definitely try their fried chicken which they seem to be known for the most
Feb 4, 2007
245 posts
28 upvotes
I failed to state locally founded anyway, so your comment is still true. Lotteria does outsell McDonald's in South Korea, but it was founded in Japan.

Either way, also worth a try, never seen it when I went to Japan, been there 4 times in the last 2 years.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
1769 posts
201 upvotes
The burgers are good when I had them in NYC, not so much when I was in the Philippines. They have good combos like chicken and spaghetti lol. I think it would do well if it opened up around Bathurst/Wilson area but not downtown.
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7260 posts
1692 upvotes
Toronto
TSDH wrote:
Mar 24th, 2015 4:34 pm
From http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2015/03 ... n_toronto/

I have a feeling ilovejaneandfinch is gonna love this. :cheesygri

The Aloha burger on Joillibee's menu might give Fresh Burger a run for their money too :-0
do they freshly grind their meat on site?
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10248 posts
1083 upvotes
JAGpilot wrote:
Mar 24th, 2015 4:41 pm
I hope they open it in a Filipino area and not in the centre of downtown.
Is there such an area? I find that Filipinos are scattered all over Toronto.

Meh, I don’t see what the big deal is. It’s a fast food place that serves NA style fast food. I can see it getting a lot of business due to the high population of Filipinos in GTA, but is this anything special? I doubt it. It’s like opening a Manchu Wok in China.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
15045 posts
1835 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Mar 25th, 2015 4:37 pm
Is there such an area? I find that Filipinos are scattered all over Toronto.

Meh, I don’t see what the big deal is. It’s a fast food place that serves NA style fast food. I can see it getting a lot of business due to the high population of Filipinos in GTA, but is this anything special? I doubt it. It’s like opening a Manchu Wok in China.
My area (Bathurst and St Clair) and pretty much all of Bathurst Street going north into the Jewish area is heavily populated by Filipinos. I don't know of anywhere else with an established community that can support as many small Filipino businesses.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12575 posts
1887 upvotes
Toronto
Piro21 wrote:
Mar 25th, 2015 5:01 pm
My area (Bathurst and St Clair) and pretty much all of Bathurst Street going north into the Jewish area is heavily populated by Filipinos. I don't know of anywhere else with an established community that can support as many small Filipino businesses.
Would they be bold enough to open up right next door to Harvey's? Or close by? (there's space for lease on Vaughn road, next block over...)

You know what would be really smart? Making their Pancake sandwiches available all day!! That would set them apart from places like McDonald's, which continue to refuse to offer all day breakfast.