• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2018 5:40 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
2025 posts
124 upvotes
The $50 limit was not really enforced, our bill came out to $68 after we added stuff.
signature removed for rule violations - no referrals allowed
Dec 10, 2007
394 posts
215 upvotes
Arviat
Went today, there were less than 50 people in line outside.. took only 20 mins. to get in, and when we got inside another another 15 mins. to receive our order.
Remember when you liked what you currently have
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13008 posts
2053 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote:
May 18th, 2018 10:57 am
Only LOL

I'm not going until there's no wait.
Good call, unless you're a die hard spicy chicken fan. I trust my friends when they say there's a new best choice for spicy chicken.
As for the regular chicken, unless you're a fan of soaking chicken in gravy, Church's chicken has no line up. I say go there. There's very little (if any) difference in taste.
(Church's chicken @ St. Clair and Dufferin)
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13008 posts
2053 upvotes
Toronto
madara wrote:
May 18th, 2018 10:10 am
My nephew was there the other day and was told that there are no limits from 7AM to 10AM only. So I take it that they changed it again when you visited the store.
Good point. It was evening when I showed up, so maybe business slowed down just enough to stop the $50 restriction, but they still have a 3 bucket limit instead of a two bucket limit.
Also, if the week-end is busier, who honestly knows if they'll still have the $50 spending limit lifted...
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1529 posts
379 upvotes
Watching the royal wedding live right now. Really wish I had a bucket of the spicy chicken right now at 8am eastern for this live event. Royal weddings and Jollibee's would have been a match made in heaven. LOL
Banned
Dec 25, 2017
686 posts
476 upvotes
Rockwood
Had the pleasure to enjoy their foods today, I'm not Filipino so this is an unbiased review.

Spicy chicken is enjoyable, I'm not really a fried chicken person but found it nice and crispy. Far superiour than KFC, I wouldn't say it's like Popeye's myself the batter is completely different.

Palabok was good but looked really sad, it's fast food so can't really fault that. Enjoyable for me was the hamburger, surprised me as my friends hyped the other things more. The Mango Peach pie was very enjoyable.

All in all a good addition to the fast food scene because it's something different, would I wait in a line again? No
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3863 posts
1085 upvotes
Moncton
The lines are actually getting longer! Where do you line up for franchises? :)

Also, hmm.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1529 posts
379 upvotes
Since Jollibee's has opened in Scarborough, I've had it a total of 4 times now. Admittedly, I am a Jollibee addict now. However, it is simply too expensive and rich for my blood to make it a regular thing. Honestly, I can only think of one place that has spicy fried chicken that is on par with Jollibee's. The secret place is the fried chicken place in the food court on the second floor of Woodbine Racetrack. That is the only place that has spicy fried chicken as good as Jollibee's.

BTW, in the last 7 days I went for a spicy fried chicken taste test. I've done this test before, but I did it again this week for my own verification and satisfaction. My standings for the spicy fried chicken are the same as before.

1. Jollibee ties for first place with fried chicken place on second floor of Woodbine Racetrack. Never paid attention to the name of the establishment. It's just the bomb!

2. Church's Chicken

3. Popeye's
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10407 posts
1172 upvotes
MonctonMan wrote:
May 22nd, 2018 3:41 pm

That guy is an entitled a-hole! He tries to shame the restaurant because he doesn't have the foresight to go to a super busy restaurant earlier in the day? Also he lied. Jolibee was 90 minutes from closing... or he (a media reporter) needs 30 minutes to post a Tweet. And why the heck is this guy taking a baby to a restaurant at 10:30pm?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7434 posts
1865 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjoejoe wrote:
May 24th, 2018 2:17 pm
That guy is an entitled a-hole! He tries to shame the restaurant because he doesn't have the foresight to go to a super busy restaurant earlier in the day? Also he lied. Jolibee was 90 minutes from closing... or he (a media reporter) needs 30 minutes to post a Tweet. And why the heck is this guy taking a baby to a restaurant at 10:30pm?
...a baby to a restaurant late at night with a notoriously long wait time. this guy deserves more than a :facepalm:
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Banned
Dec 25, 2017
686 posts
476 upvotes
Rockwood
ShoNuff2 wrote:
May 24th, 2018 2:39 pm
...a baby to a restaurant late at night with a notoriously long wait time. this guy deserves more than a :facepalm:
Funny story when I went over the weekend, at the same time we arrived so did a family, the kid was clearly sick and as he started to walk to the line started to throw up. Well they put the windows down to their car and mom stayed behind with the young kid and dad went on to begin his two hour journey into the queue.

My friends and I thought what dedication, not even his sick kid would stop him from Jollibee! The addiction is real.
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
1820 posts
942 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote:
May 24th, 2018 2:00 pm
1. Jollibee ties for first place with fried chicken place on second floor of Woodbine Racetrack. Never paid attention to the name of the establishment. It's just the bomb!
The food court at Woodbine Racetrack has "Chicken Chicken" alongside "Pizza Pizza"...

https://woodbine.com/dining/food-court/

When my dad took me to Woodbine way back in the day, there was Church's in that space. So maybe they're still using the Church's recipes?
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1529 posts
379 upvotes
EastGTARedFlagger wrote:
May 24th, 2018 11:02 pm

When my dad took me to Woodbine way back in the day, there was Church's in that space. So maybe they're still using the Church's recipes?
It's definitely not Church's Chicken recipe. Trust me, I know the difference in taste and have an excellent palate. It is Chicken Chicken secret recipe. As I stated their spicy fried chicken is on par with Jollibee's, if not better. You guys can quote me on this one and try it out for yourself this weekend during the horse races since the lineups won't be nearly as long as Jollibee's. Winking Face
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
1820 posts
942 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote:
May 24th, 2018 11:46 pm
It's definitely not Church's Chicken recipe. Trust me, I know the difference in taste and have an excellent palate. It is Chicken Chicken secret recipe. As I stated their spicy fried chicken is on par with Jollibee's, if not better. You guys can quote me on this one and try it out for yourself this weekend during the horse races since the lineups won't be nearly as long as Jollibee's. Winking Face
It's too bad Pizza Pizza's other locations don't serve Chicken Chicken... then there wouldn't be a need for Jollibee.
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
1820 posts
942 upvotes
joeyjoejoe wrote:
May 24th, 2018 2:17 pm
He and his wife probably sprayed 2 litres of saliva making that stupid "pssssssht" sound at their kid to try to stop him from crying... (if I ever go to Jollibee I'll need noise cancelling headphones as I find that noise annoying)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)