Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3863 posts
1085 upvotes
Moncton
joeyjoejoe wrote:
May 24th, 2018 2:17 pm
He tries to shame the restaurant because he doesn't have the foresight to go to a super busy restaurant earlier in the day?
As my landlord once said, it isn’t the people who complain who you have to worry about.

He went back a couple of days later:

Aug 16, 2017
655 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto
How's the line nowadays? is it under 15 mins? if so, maybe it's finally time to visit!

(mga pre maikli na ba ang pila?)
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1529 posts
379 upvotes
^ Damn you for bumping this thread! LOL Jonesing for the spicy fried chicken right now because Game 3 of the NBA finals is about to start. Would absolutely love a bucket of chicken right now for the game. Had Jollibee's 5 times in the month of May. So far in June, I've had it zero times. :(
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
5654 posts
1139 upvotes
Toronto
i went on a tuesday and a wed of a different week at 5:30 pm and 7:30pm. max line up: 20 mins and less than 10 mins of ordering and getting the food

however the later it got, the longer the line at 845pm.

no more tent as of this week. bring an umbrella or covers in case it rains lol
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3863 posts
1085 upvotes
Moncton
Anthony Bourdain R.I.P. ( https://forums.redflagdeals.com/rip-ant ... n-2199466/ )
ate a Jollibee in Los Angeles in Season 1, episode 2 of Parts Unknown (filmed in 2012, aired in 2013). Full episode available on iTunes ($3).

He went again in 2015 (aired 2016), this time in Manila. S7E2, available on iTunes or cnn.com / cnn Go app (with a TV subscription).
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
2603 posts
438 upvotes
Filipino fast food chain Jollibee to open 100 Canadian stores in next five years.

No more lineups! LoL!

TORONTO - Filipino fast-food chain Jollibee Food Corporation plans to open 100 stores in Canada within the next five years.
The company says it is eyeing the wave of new locations because the country is a key growth market and a big part of its North American expansion plans.
Jollibee attracted long lines of customers when it entered the Canadian market in 2016, opening two Winnipeg locations and a store in Scarborough, Ont. over the last three years.
It hopes to expand further in Ontario, but is also exploring stores in Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.
Its aggressive expansion comes as international interest in Filipino food is rising and as Canada is attracting an increasing number of restaurants serving such food.
Jollibee's Filipino fare includes spaghetti in a sweet sauce, crispy chicken, burgers and peach mango pies.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/filipino-fa ... -1.1091519
Sep 15, 2003
182 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
yyz2hkg wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 11:56 am
Filipino fast food chain Jollibee to open 100 Canadian stores in next five years.

No more lineups! LoL!
LOL, Missisauga location is 2 years behind schedule.

If they continue their construction plans on filipino time 5 years actually means 10 years.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
2603 posts
438 upvotes
Flipcyde wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 12:13 pm
LOL, Missisauga location is 2 years behind schedule.

If they continue their construction plans on filipino time 5 years actually means 10 years.
Burst my bubble bro... j/k
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
20803 posts
5635 upvotes
Toronto
I don't see this plan happening. they would be lucky to have a handful in 5 years time.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1529 posts
379 upvotes
I just want a downtown Toronto restaurant because we all know T.O. is the centre of the universe.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10407 posts
1172 upvotes
yyz2hkg wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 11:56 am

No more lineups! LoL!

TORONTO - Filipino fast-food chain Jollibee Food Corporation plans to open 100 stores in Canada within the next five years.
The company says it is eyeing the wave of new locations because the country is a key growth market and a big part of its North American expansion plans.
Jollibee attracted long lines of customers when it entered the Canadian market in 2016, opening two Winnipeg locations and a store in Scarborough, Ont. over the last three years.
It hopes to expand further in Ontario, but is also exploring stores in Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.
Its aggressive expansion comes as international interest in Filipino food is rising and as Canada is attracting an increasing number of restaurants serving such food.
Jollibee's Filipino fare includes spaghetti in a sweet sauce, crispy chicken, burgers and peach mango pies.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/filipino-fa ... -1.1091519
100 in 5 years in Canada only? That's way too much and way too fast. There's a reason why ratio of Filipino restaurants to Filipino population is extremely low compared to nearly all other ethnic groups.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
5435 posts
2950 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Drove by last Saturday around 7AM, and was surprised to still see people lining up. I seriously thought the hype would've died down by now lol
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
5654 posts
1139 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 2:00 pm
100 in 5 years in Canada only? That's way too much and way too fast. There's a reason why ratio of Filipino restaurants to Filipino population is extremely low compared to nearly all other ethnic groups.
Hope it won't have the same fate as Krispy Kreme Face With Tears Of Joy

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)