None
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13384 posts
2203 upvotes
Toronto
cgtlky wrote:
Jun 16th, 2018 8:57 pm
Jolibee Mississauga supposed to open inside seafood city, but looklike its the space problem that why they delay it. Maybe they will contruct their own building within that Plaza.
I doubt that, but yeah I do see your point. If they were to open the Mississauga location first, maybe that store would not be able to handle the crowds.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11143 posts
1325 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
I believe the tents are gone so the volume has dropped. Passed by a week ago and no tent. Hmm.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11143 posts
1325 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 2:00 pm
100 in 5 years in Canada only? That's way too much and way too fast. There's a reason why ratio of Filipino restaurants to Filipino population is extremely low compared to nearly all other ethnic groups.
LOL, highly doubtful. I can see 25-30. Majority of pinos like all minorities tend to hang out in big cities. 10 provinces, say 2 large cities per province outside of ontario with 2-3 stores in each. Obviously they have to review the stats ever 6 mos before expanding beyond that.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13384 posts
2203 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote:
Jun 17th, 2018 10:35 am
LOL, highly doubtful. I can see 25-30. Majority of pinos like all minorities tend to hang out in big cities. 10 provinces, say 2 large cities per province outside of ontario with 2-3 stores in each. Obviously they have to review the stats ever 6 mos before expanding beyond that.
...but as you've noticed, they're not opening up in Filipino neighborhoods. It's more of a "If you build it they will come..." way of thinking rather than a "build where they are..." way of thinking.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1577 posts
407 upvotes
Maybe they will piss off another successful Nando by moving next door and ruining their business with the location hijack. LOL
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4833 posts
647 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote:
Jun 17th, 2018 10:27 am
I believe the tents are gone so the volume has dropped. Passed by a week ago and no tent. Hmm.
winter and cold days over no tent needed, its time to sun bathing. hehehe...
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
3879 posts
636 upvotes
Aurora
Who lines up for fast food?! What's wrong with people?!
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13384 posts
2203 upvotes
Toronto
Toukolou wrote:
Jun 17th, 2018 5:28 pm
Who lines up for fast food?! What's wrong with people?!
I trust those who say that the spicy chicken is well worth the wait. I'm taking their word for it because I still don't do spicy.
Their mango pie is also heavenly. No one else sells them.
May 22, 2007
866 posts
108 upvotes
aznnorth wrote:
Jun 17th, 2018 10:27 am
Can anyone else confirm this? I plan to go during the weekday lunch hour.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
3879 posts
636 upvotes
Aurora
playnicee1 wrote:
Jun 17th, 2018 11:22 pm
I trust those who say that the spicy chicken is well worth the wait. I'm taking their word for it because I still don't do spicy.
Their mango pie is also heavenly. No one else sells them.
Personally speaking, there isn't a food in this world that is worth spending my finite time on this planet lining up for. But that's just me.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13384 posts
2203 upvotes
Toronto
Toukolou wrote:
Jun 18th, 2018 7:13 pm
Personally speaking, there isn't a food in this world that is worth spending my finite time on this planet lining up for. But that's just me.
Never say such a thing without trying Jollibee food first.
I bet if those jollibee mango pies could be sold (frozen) at walmart there'd be a much shorter line at the actual restaurant possibly...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
5768 posts
1213 upvotes
Toronto
Deevusone wrote:
Jun 18th, 2018 4:11 pm
Can anyone else confirm this? I plan to go during the weekday lunch hour.
It isn't as crazy as before but there will still be a short line
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4233 posts
416 upvotes
The spicy is a little bit better than Popeyes, but not enough to make me go out of my way to get it or to lineup. Mango pie is good but not great IMO
I am a Koodo customer
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13384 posts
2203 upvotes
Toronto
HP_John wrote:
Jun 18th, 2018 10:27 pm
The spicy is a little bit better than Popeyes, but not enough to make me go out of my way to get it or to lineup. Mango pie is good but not great IMO
The Mango pie was great for me. It's the main reason why I have any desire to return to Jollibee, if ever again.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
8545 posts
300 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Jun 17th, 2018 10:57 am
...but as you've noticed, they're not opening up in Filipino neighborhoods. It's more of a "If you build it they will come..." way of thinking rather than a "build where they are..." way of thinking.
Yeah but its not like that scarborough location is in a middle of nowhere. Its easily accessible using public transit and by car. Anyone from the GTA can get there within an hour.

100 stores is not realistic at all. Face With Tears Of Joy

Lets say 2 in Toronto, 2 in Peel(Sauga, Brampton). Put 1 in Niagara, Montreal, Quebec, Edmonton, Vancouver. That should cover most of the filipino population in Canada.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎