Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Final Clearance Samsung Colour All-In-One Laser Printer (CLX-3185) $150

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 9th, 2012 1:46 pm
Nov 14, 2005
36 posts
14 upvotes

[Best Buy] Final Clearance Samsung Colour All-In-One Laser Printer (CLX-3185) $150

no network, wireless. 128M memory

there are other more expensive models in the market, 3185 FNW F=fax N=network W wireless. But this one at least $100 cheaper.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/sam ... f6851ben02
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1685 posts
58 upvotes
LINK.

I have this printer it sucks. It is picky with type of paper used. Using thin paper there are white blotches everywhere as if the toner doesn't stick to the paper. Had another samsung color printer same thing. Bought 2 HP laser colors and now problem solved. :mad:
Feb 5, 2008
695 posts
120 upvotes
Fraser Valley
Reviews of the printer from different websites seem to be mostly positive.

Too bad HP ink/toner refills are the most expensive on the market...
Jan 25, 2007
306 posts
78 upvotes
Samsung's B&W printers have served me well, but now using Dell "business" laser very happily!

dscott01 wrote:
Apr 6th, 2012 2:50 pm
Reviews of the printer from different websites seem to be mostly positive.

Too bad HP ink/toner refills are the most expensive on the market...

So very true about HP tho!
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1303 posts
216 upvotes
Toronto
I have the FN (Fax+Network) version of this printer; bought it at Memory Express for $244 last May. No problems so far.
Silentblue.net - Fat free and dolphin safe
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18144 posts
1051 upvotes
I have had great success with Samsung printers...

I have the Samsung SF-565p (laser multi-function B&W) for about 5 yrs now...the thing is a workhorse and toner is cheap too (3rd party)...

I also have the Samsung CL-310 (laser colour) and the thing is very fast for a colour....it starts up and prints under 10secs and the colour is pretty decent. The best thing is that the form factor of the printer is so small...takes up so little space.

I recently purchased the HP Laserjet 1215 (network colour) and the thing is massive (large form factor and very heavy)...Print quality is decent but the start up takes forever...

I prefer Samsung over HP just from personal experience.
Dec 28, 2006
201 posts
56 upvotes
Winnipeg
I PM'd this printer at Memory Express a month ago. Mem Express had it for $249 while Best Buy had it for $149. Mem Express matches price and gives you another 25% of the difference so I ended up paying around $124.

Good printer so far.

It's down to $169 at Mem Express.

No networking but I connected it to my main PC and shared printer with the other devices on my home network. Works great.
Aug 13, 2009
80 posts
2 upvotes
excel wrote:
Apr 6th, 2012 2:07 pm
LINK.

I have this printer it sucks. It is picky with type of paper used. Using thin paper there are white blotches everywhere as if the toner doesn't stick to the paper. Had another samsung color printer same thing. Bought 2 HP laser colors and now problem solved. :mad:

I think you might have gotten a defective unit. I bought the N version and it has worked well for me. I have tried regular paper as well as laser and haven't seen the issue you mentioned. For me the only downside to this printer is that there is no version with a duplexer.
× < >