PC & Video Games

Final Fantasy VII Remake coming April-10-2020 PS4 (PC, PS5, XBox Scarlet eventually likely)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2020 12:18 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7987 posts
2462 upvotes
New trailer from TGS 2019:

Mark Hamill allegedly voices slum pimp lord Don Corneo:

Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2241 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
No longer interested ever since the SJW nonsense and the episodic nature...
XFactor11 wrote: Mark Hamill allegedly voices slum pimp lord Don Corneo:
...wha...?

TAS Joker pimp? SOLD. Curse you Luke Skywalker!!!!
Steam: Sir Boors
PSN: Sir_Boors

It's a great time to be a nerd.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7987 posts
2462 upvotes
Delayed again to April 10th, 2020. The planned release date was 3-3-2020.

April 2020 will be a loaded month with Final Fantasy VII remake, Cyberpunk 2077, Resident Evil 3 Remake
and Animal Crossing Switch all in the same month.

Oct 17, 2017
33 posts
11 upvotes
40-60 hrs to play just Midgar? I'm excited to pick this up half off by July :(
I'm also expecting the HUGE backlash when it's confirmed that it's a 10-15hr playthrough. I hope i'm wrong though, but I just can't see how you can flesh out 40-60 hours in what was the first 5% of the original game. Either it's gonna be suppppppppppppper filler heavy, or an outright lie and be a much shorter game.

Also, does anyone know what max level will be? Or are we walking out of Midgar at level 99 into the next part ?
Aug 20, 2009
7312 posts
2059 upvotes
Grimsby
Yeah I've rethought this and I'm just going to get this way down the line when its totally finished and sold in one edition. I really don't like how Square has been milking the FF games for the past few entries.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4207 posts
2260 upvotes
TeejayVV wrote: 40-60 hrs to play just Midgar? I'm excited to pick this up half off by July :(
I'm also expecting the HUGE backlash when it's confirmed that it's a 10-15hr playthrough. I hope i'm wrong though, but I just can't see how you can flesh out 40-60 hours in what was the first 5% of the original game. Either it's gonna be suppppppppppppper filler heavy, or an outright lie and be a much shorter game.

Also, does anyone know what max level will be? Or are we walking out of Midgar at level 99 into the next part ?
When are they even releasing the other episodes?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7987 posts
2462 upvotes
Sejad wrote: When are they even releasing the other episodes?

Considering FF7 Remake was announced at E3 2015 and this part covers Midgar in 2020,
it may take until 2030 for Square Enix to finish the rest of the game. Judging by the new trailer,
there is a new enemy that is not in the original.

Cait Sith, Cid, Vincent and Yuffie do not join the party until post leaving-Midgar events.

In the original game, it took about 7 hours to finish Midgar and 40-60 hours to finish the entire game depending on
whether you did the optional sidequests.

That would be weird if the complete FF7 released the game in 3 parts starting on PS4, the continuation on PS5, then PS6 for the finale.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4207 posts
2260 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote: Considering FF7 Remake was announced at E3 2015 and this part covers Midgar in 2020,
it may take until 2030 for Square Enix to finish the rest of the game. Judging by the new trailer,
there is a new enemy that is not in the original.

Cait Sith, Cid, Vincent and Yuffie do not join the party until post leaving-Midgar events.

In the original game, it took about 7 hours to finish Midgar and 40-60 hours to finish the entire game depending on
whether you did the optional sidequests.

That would be weird if the complete FF7 released the game in 3 parts starting on PS4, the continuation on PS5, then PS6 for the finale.
I honestly don’t remember that FF7 Midgar part was 7 hours long, that’s nuts lol.

I agree that if Square Enix milks it until PS6 I will be just pissed.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7987 posts
2462 upvotes
The free demo is up on the PSN store.
The demo is roughly 1hr and 20 minutes long.

https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/pro ... EMAKETRIAL

Pros:

- Square Enix left the swearing in there to keep the feel of the original. Barret yells out stuff like stay down Ahole during fights.
Although it seems like it has been toned down because no f-bombs from Barrett during the demo.

Good banter:
Cloud: I thought I told you to use Lightning magic.
Barrett: Sorry man, i thought you were full of s**t.

- Story and Avalanche's role is more fleshed out and I like how they have Jessie flirt with Cloud often.

Nov 2, 2010
811 posts
165 upvotes
To believe I could've been playing this game now ahh.

I got a preorder from walmart after amazon punk asses canceled my pre order at 59$.
But it releases on Good Friday.
Do you think it will be delivered to people on that date? Because man I'll be pissed if religion gets in my way of playing this game when it releases
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
1075 posts
143 upvotes
The demo was so good. Everyone should play with the new controls...the classic mode is just a stupid auto-battle and it's way too easy.
Heatware : Chuckdeg
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7987 posts
2462 upvotes
I don't know why people say they struggle against the guardian scorpion boss and take more than 15-20 minutes on it.

Use fire magic as Cloud when it puts its barrier up, otherwise get around to the back side of it and attack up close with the sword.
Switching to Barrett, use lighting magic on it and overcharge with his machine gun when the barrier is down.

Unleash the limit breaks when the barrier is down or if it is staggered.
chuckdeg wrote: The demo was so good. Everyone should play with the new controls...the classic mode is just a stupid auto-battle and it's way too easy.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
1075 posts
143 upvotes
I mean it's normal to struggle a bit the first time but once you get a hang of the new controls and understand the boss patterns and vulnerabilities, yeah it's quite easy.
Heatware : Chuckdeg