• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2018 1:44 pm
[OP]
Apr 9, 2017
169 posts
201 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Final Sale, poor quality

Ordered some boots online on final sale and one boot came in pretty bad condition. Has anyone experienced something similar to this? And could anything even be done?
Images
  • image.jpg
21 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4946 posts
4088 upvotes
qwerty0123 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 5:54 pm
Ordered some boots online on final sale and one boot came in pretty bad condition. Has anyone experienced something similar to this? And could anything even be done?
Bring it for a refund and say the item is damaged?

Final sale doesn't mean they can ship you junk or broken items... Was the damage noted on the listing?
Apr 10, 2011
585 posts
322 upvotes
Are you referring to the scuff marks/lines on the boot? That's pretty common with leather like that. Might be able to buff it out with a cloth and some leather polish.
[OP]
Apr 9, 2017
169 posts
201 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Nope, ordered it online here https://www.bigleyshoes.com/ it's a small retailer in the kawartha lakes. I don't live near there unfortunately so I cant bring it in. Well I just emailed them about it, hopefully they dont give me the final sale excuse
[OP]
Apr 9, 2017
169 posts
201 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lemmiwinks wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 6:10 pm
Are you referring to the scuff marks/lines on the boot? That's pretty common with leather like that. Might be able to buff it out with a cloth and some leather polish.
There's also an outward dent type of thing that portrudes, idk if that is fixable. I wouldn't mind keeping it if I could fix everything up
Apr 10, 2011
585 posts
322 upvotes
qwerty0123 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 6:20 pm
There's also an outward dent type of thing that portrudes, idk if that is fixable. I wouldn't mind keeping it if I could fix everything up
Once the leather softens up and flexes a bit, I'm sure it won't be too noticeable. I had to do a double-take to notice it once you pointed it out. Is it on the inside or outside of the boot, I can't tell? If you got a good deal on them, I'd say keep 'em.
Apr 10, 2011
585 posts
322 upvotes
But it might be worth just e-mailing them and telling them you're not impressed with the quality, and you'll definitely think twice before you order from them again....
[OP]
Apr 9, 2017
169 posts
201 upvotes
Toronto, ON
yeah, i got them for $80. And to describe the dent, it's like someone put their hand in the shoe and pressed the side with their fingers. Also, do i soften it up with wear or leather polish/ conditioning stuff? Sorry im such a noob with these things
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20438 posts
2638 upvotes
YUL
It's leather. Leather is never perfect and as you wear it, will continue to show more and more wear. If you got a good deal, keep them. If you're going to leave them ona shelf and admire them for eternity, well then different story...
[OP]
Apr 9, 2017
169 posts
201 upvotes
Toronto, ON
well here's a better picture. I get that it's a leather shoe and it may not be perfect, but receiving it in this condition is hella lame
Images
  • image.jpg
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12641 posts
1977 upvotes
City of Vancouver
It is okay... u should be able to live with it, unless u r OCD and start fixating on it, making it even more of a big deal. Leather finishes aren't always going to come out perfect. No, it is not an ideal situation. If u want ideal, shop at brick and mortar.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4891 posts
811 upvotes
Just put some leather conditioner on it. Eventually as you wear the shoes the leather will have those creases anyway.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 23, 2008
9904 posts
6232 upvotes
Edmonton
From what I can tell on the pictures, you're being a little too particular for most leather products. I'm not going to say OCD because that would be insulting to people who are actually OCD, but if the shoe fits... :)

Other than that, "final sale" should be your sign to avoid the sale if you're not ok with just throwing the money away (assuming the product is unusably defective). If that's a concern for you, then buy from a place you can put your hands on the product before you walk out of the store. In this case, for $80, you can probably turn around and sell them for what you paid. But I'd just treat them as mentioned above and wear them without thinking about it again.

C
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2011
6337 posts
1491 upvotes
I don't like it; it seems that it was improperly stored (or did you get a display model and they failed to inform you?)

Yeah, leather will crease with use, but the left and right shoe should show similar signs of wear as you use the pair. One being pristine and the other creased a lot out of the box is lame indeed.
Last edited by Guest439488 on Feb 22nd, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.