Parenting

First baby coming soon! Dad has some questions.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2013 9:42 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 19, 2002
21 posts
NewBieDoobie wrote:
Oct 15th, 2013 9:20 am
My question would be - as a first time soon to be dad WHEN do I get everything ready? We are mid-October and my spouse is due early December. Do I get the bag ready for our hospital stay in November? I am thinking what if the baby is early?

We have a lot of baby clothes already...Haven't bought the crib yet. I was thinking of doing that in November. Too late? So many things to think about....
Congratulations! Definitely get your hospital bags ready. Good thing my wife prepared our bags way ahead of time, because our little guy decided to come out 6 weeks earlier. We had the crib, mattress, and changing table about a month before he was born. I picked up the car seat while my wife was at the hospital (she was there for 4 days before giving birth), so consider getting the car seat earlier. As for clothes, we received lots of them from friends and relatives. By the way, you can also pick up some cheap summer clothes now for next year.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
2825 posts
244 upvotes
Torana
Our baby was due last December 23 so it's been almost a year but still fresh in my mind ;)

I used our ipad alot as my wife went into labour 4am and epidural around 9am. For a good 10 hours after that she was napping and I had nothing to do but play on my Idevices until she started pushing around 8pm. So I'd say take some form of entertainment.

We had our hospital bag packed and ready in november. Id say at least get a list together of what u need to bring by december.

We had the nursery all ready to go by early december as thats one less thing to worry about. The crib was a gift which we got in October.

Not sure if you thought about it but a push gift gift might be an idea. I got my wife a diamond pendant and gave it to her after the baby came.

We got lucky with the little one. 5 weeks old and started to sleep 10 hours through the night ;)

Good luck and enjoy every moment!
My best RFD deal: Rogers - Unlimited local calling/CID/VM/unlimited texts//100 Long Distance Minutes/6 GB LTE data = $53.13 plus HST
× < >