[First choice] 4 haircuts for $40

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2017 1:49 am
Jul 31, 2017
237 posts
44 upvotes
toguy wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 10:31 pm
Actually based on my experience, if it comes down to those places vs. this, First Choice should be the "first choice". The Asian places may be cheap but in my experience they try to make it up in volume, and therefore the quality of the cut/attention to detail goes down...
Is this for Chinese salons or do you find the same problem in Korean or Japanese salons?
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
13730 posts
9224 upvotes
Toronto
Toronto Chinatown has a whole bunch of $8 places. Dundas, just West of Spadina.

I get my hair buzzed so quality same regardless of where I go.
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27756 posts
788 upvotes
Dildo, NL
For a decade, I went to a place that was $12 tax-in. With tip., $14. Done deal.

I moved cities & have for the past 8 years STTTTTTTRUGGLED to find a quality barber.

I've scoured the town for $10 ones., FC., $15/., $22 ones..Nobody even understands English It seems. Last week I was in a rush and needed to get a cut quickly. Called a spot near where I was. I got THEE BEST haircut, rivalling the ones I used to get 8yrs prior. $30. For a MENS SHORT HAIRCUT. That's their 'flat rate' for mens cuts. How nuts is that???

I feel guilty doing it, but I'm almost willing to just take a bunch of pics & also while it's fresh, go to an FC and say, DO YOU EFFING SEE THIS HAIRCUT?!!!???? CAN YOU DO THIS PLEASE NEXT TIME????? I mean, that would cut (no pun intended) out the possible language barriers (And NO I am not even going to Cheap foreign barber places in Little Italy/China Town etc etc)...wouldn't it?

I would LOVE to pay $10/haircut that actually looked like the barber wasn't going blind., or had a severe language comprehension impediment.
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Yota Mafia]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1582 posts
300 upvotes
Gatineau
i went to FC several times when i was a student and the quality was inconsistent. I remember once a female barber just have no idea on how to do a haircut for an asian male and it ends up a weird bowl shape. anyhow thanks OP
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15727 posts
4449 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I buzz my own head every 2 weeks. $0 paid

$150 clippers I purchased like 5-6 years ago have already fully amortized.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
4690 posts
1115 upvotes
North York
BritishColumbian wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 11:41 am
Is this for Chinese salons or do you find the same problem in Korean or Japanese salons?
One time I thought I would treat myself better and try a Korean place for haircut, $12 men, near Yonge/Sheppard.
Some of my male friends rave about $80 Korean haircut around Yonge/Finch area, but I am not crazy like that.
Well, I ended up visiting a Vietnamese haircut place right after to fix my hair :(
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
4690 posts
1115 upvotes
North York
roblombardi wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 8:58 am
+1. People shouldn't bash the offer, just because of an isolated bad experience; I've been going to FC for years, and found a mediocre stylist just once, but in general I'm pretty happy with them.
I visit RFD for deals, but I also value people's opinions on the products/services just as much. Good price may not be a good deal anymore if people who have used the products/services do not find value in them.
Jan 14, 2017
90 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
How are their bowl cuts? Gotta look good for the ladies.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
3176 posts
444 upvotes
GTEH!
Goldy9 wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 9:50 pm
No man or woman, dead or alive, should ever have to get a haircut at First Choice.
I've been going to 1st Choice Haircutters the past 4 years with the same person and been getting good haircuts.
Depends on location and the people there.

Thanks OP for the deal.
Last edited by Webhead on Oct 26th, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
😎
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
9170 posts
3276 upvotes
Ottawa
crayola1 wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 11:52 pm
$8? Is this the bring-your-own-salad-bowl rate?
Bring your bowl and they'll toss your salad. Win win all around.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Apr 20, 2017
275 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
I paid 25$ plus tips to have a haircut around Finch station last month.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2360 posts
939 upvotes
Toronto
I assume a simple fade/taper haircut for a guy is easy enough at First Choice?
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
17503 posts
3785 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I trust my wife giving me a haircut for free more than that place.
Aug 19, 2004
562 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
assume nothing..

crystallight wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 3:19 pm
I assume a simple fade/taper haircut for a guy is easy enough at First Choice?