Off Topic

Is this the first the first viral meme of 2019? #FijiGirl

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2019 8:11 am

Poll: Is this the first the first viral meme of 2019?

• Total votes: 13. You have voted on this poll.
Yes

31%
No

69%
[OP]
Banned
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8470 upvotes
GTHA

Is this the first the first viral meme of 2019? #FijiGirl

For anyone on social media...

Toronto model goes viral as "Fiji Girl"
A Toronto model living in L.A. caught the attention of social media after photobombing several celebrities on the Golden Globes red carpet. Tina Yazdani talks to #FijiGirl about becoming the first viral meme of 2019.

16 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
7838 posts
717 upvotes
That's like Drake being in every NBA player's pictures lol
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16713 posts
1525 upvotes
Space for rent
Really bugs me to see endless streams of this on Google News. And Beiber and Alec Baldwins kid.

We've reached the very bottom of the barrel when news reporting about Bieber and his new wife going to tim Hortons is considered news worthy.

I keep telling Google I'm not interested in that topic but it keeps bombarding me with it.
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
1866 posts
341 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
In all honesty when they have nothing to fill the news with they tend to fill it with useless "Viral" stuff but its of very little of importance to society, yes she made it big with the Fiji water being in every photo but in all honesty, lets move on.
Hi
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3354 posts
910 upvotes
Parry Sound
bobbings wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 11:50 pm
That's like Drake being in every NBA player's pictures lol
Weak comparison. Drake is a bigger name and more popular than nearly every basketball player.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3354 posts
910 upvotes
Parry Sound
Supercooled wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 1:14 am
Really bugs me to see endless streams of this on Google News. And Beiber and Alec Baldwins kid.

We've reached the very bottom of the barrel when news reporting about Bieber and his new wife going to tim Hortons is considered news worthy.

I keep telling Google I'm not interested in that topic but it keeps bombarding me with it.
This is the first I'm hearing about this girl, Beiber, or Alec Baldwins kids and I check the news several times a day.

Google News tends to show you news related to your searches and websites you visit. Perhaps you need to re-evaluate the things you look up online before blaming the world.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16713 posts
1525 upvotes
Space for rent
MayorOfToronto wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 1:40 pm
This is the first I'm hearing about this girl, Beiber, or Alec Baldwins kids and I check the news several times a day.

Google News tends to show you news related to your searches and websites you visit. Perhaps you need to re-evaluate the things you look up online before blaming the world.
It's algorithm is broken. I clicked one story on Bieber just to see how hot Alec Baldwins kid was and have been cursed since. I have never had any inclination to search for Beiber directly.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3354 posts
910 upvotes
Parry Sound
Supercooled wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 1:09 am
It's algorithm is broken. I clicked one story on Bieber just to see how hot Alec Baldwins kid was and have been cursed since. I have never had any inclination to search for Beiber directly.
Lol so you decided to check up on that specific news and then complain about that news existing?

You understand you're part of the reason that news outlets write these types of stories, right?

Stop clicking on news articles that you feel are "bottom of the barrel" and then complain after the fact.

You know why I don't get any Bieber news articles popping up on my feed? Because I don't click on or care for those.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16713 posts
1525 upvotes
Space for rent
MayorOfToronto wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:31 am
Lol so you decided to check up on that specific news and then complain about that news existing?

You understand you're part of the reason that news outlets write these types of stories, right?

Stop clicking on news articles that you feel are "bottom of the barrel" and then complain after the fact.

You know why I don't get any Bieber news articles popping up on my feed? Because I don't click on or care for those.
I don't think perusing ONE story on a particular topic means I should suffer in perpetuity. If that's the case then their 'do not show story about ____' feature is woefully broken and needs an overhaul pronto! I have not clicked on any other story of the beebs since that one like 2 weeks ago and still I'm assaulted with stories of him and his new wife every time they step outside their front doors.

And if I'm being completely honest, I don't appreciate your attempt to paint me as some kind of closet Beiber fan. The Google algorithm sucks and that's the bottom line.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3354 posts
910 upvotes
Parry Sound
Supercooled wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 8:24 am
I don't appreciate your attempt to paint me as some kind of closet Beiber fan.
Nothing to be ashamed of Winking Face
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16713 posts
1525 upvotes
Space for rent
MayorOfToronto wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:20 pm
Nothing to be ashamed of Winking Face
Try working in an environment that plays his song 50 times in a working day. Sometines I want to reach for the nearest implement and pop my ear drums.

The other week some girl walks by me while audibly singing along to one of his songs and gives me the come hither look. Like wtf? Have some class you thot!

It was that new song with the lyrics " I'm in love with your body.... "
Last edited by Supercooled on Jan 12th, 2019 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.