Hot Deals

[First Majestic Silver Corp.] Pure Silver Bullion @ ~ $1.08 Cdn over spot !!! Free Shipping!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 11:29 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2003
1698 posts
24 upvotes
smoked_up wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 7:37 pm
I got hit with pretty high custom fees the last time I ordered silver rounds from another supplier in US (amagi metals). Any idea if this is normal when buying silver from the US?
fill out customs form to get the duty back. bullion is duty free. the idiot customs processor should know better
[OP]
Dec 23, 2015
192 posts
154 upvotes
smoked_up wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 7:37 pm
I got hit with pretty high custom fees the last time I ordered silver rounds from another supplier in US (amagi metals). Any idea if this is normal when buying silver from the US?
First Majestic is a Canadian mining company, the bullion office is in Vancouver. The silver gets shipped from Canada and even if it were shipped from the US there are no duties on bullion. In the US there are states that charge taxes though so maybe that is what you were charged. Prices for precious metals are always quoted in $USD.
Jun 13, 2009
232 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
The RFDer in me sees this as an opportunity to rack up airmiles by buying the bullion, then selling it to pay off the credit card bill. Easier to unload one bar, than $10,000 in dollar coins like people were doing when buying coins for airmiles from the mint.
Nov 20, 2005
953 posts
195 upvotes
Jruuu wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 9:55 pm
The RFDer in me sees this as an opportunity to rack up airmiles by buying the bullion, then selling it to pay off the credit card bill. Easier to unload one bar, than $10,000 in dollar coins like people were doing when buying coins for airmiles from the mint.
True, but you risk the fluctuation whereas the mint was dollar per dollar.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2801 posts
1570 upvotes
Markham
Thank OP. Bought a 10 oz bar just for the heck of it. I loaded up on Silver last year when it was approaching bottom. It's always good as a universal currency, it's had value thousands of years longer than any paper money and people are willing to spend thousands of dollars in actual physical currency on some bullshit like Bitcoin so how bad could something like Silver fare?!
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2011
1292 posts
122 upvotes
Jruuu wrote:
Yeah they were able to do this at any local bank because it was considered legal tender, minted coins that is.
But not these bullion bars.
You would need to find a buyer, go to the gold&silver shop or try and sell at the pawn shop.
X24Secret wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 10:11 pm
.... it's had value thousands of years longer than any paper money and people are willing to spend thousands of dollars in actual physical currency on some bullshit like Bitcoin so how bad could something like Silver fare?!
Haha! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
I had to have a chuckle reading that.
Sep 25, 2017
194 posts
149 upvotes
Strong/Free Canada
I got 100oz bars i bought some of these yesterday. Works out to .57 cents CDN over spot right now. https://torontogoldbullion.com/100-oz-s ... m-bar.html

Also have 10 oz bars https://torontogoldbullion.com/10-oz-va ... s-866.html works out to a dollar over spot right now but I thought the 100oz was not only a better deal but also the fact it's for sure from the Royal Canadian Mint and therefore quad purity (.9999). Beautiful bars!!

Happy shopping. And fun fact silver is used in solar panels as well as many other industries and metallurgy. I see it's value going up the same if not more than gold over time for this reason. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
"Buy now...think later...You can always return it."
[OP]
Dec 23, 2015
192 posts
154 upvotes
Jruuu wrote:
The price of silver is quite volatile and fluctuates quite a bit even during a single day. I can't tell you where the price is going over the next month. You may be able to pay your credit card bill and even show a profit by doing this but you also have to realized there is a downside risk too. However nothing ventured, nothing gained. I would suggest that if you do decide to do this buy tubes of the 1oz rounds though as they are usually easier to sell and buyers are willing to pay a better price than for large bars. With the world sovereign debt having grown exponentially over the past 9 or so years with no end in sight my bet is that silver will increase over the medium to long term.

Giorgiodethrifty wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 10:17 pm
I got 100oz bars i bought some of these yesterday. Works out to .57 cents CDN over spot right now. https://torontogoldbullion.com/100-oz-s ... m-bar.html

Also have 10 oz bars https://torontogoldbullion.com/10-oz-va ... s-866.html works out to a dollar over spot right now but I thought the 100oz was not only a better deal but also the fact it's for sure from the Royal Canadian Mint and therefore quad purity (.9999). Beautiful bars!!

Happy shopping. And fun fact silver is used in solar panels as well as many other industries and metallurgy. I see it's value going up the same if not more than gold over time for this reason. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Yes, great price too. The difference is that the FM price is a credit card price so on a 2% cashback card the price works out to roughly the same as TGB and on a 4% cashback card it is very close to spot price. Also buyers of smaller quantities are able to get free delivery on as little as 10 Oz at FM. The RCM bars are nice and they are well recognized , but I don't spend much time looking at them except when I receive them.
Jun 1, 2008
184 posts
102 upvotes
London
What can I go buy with my silver after I obtain it?

Your dollars are likely better spent in crypto, at least more and more businesses are starting to accept it. The way the world is heading, it only makes sense to have an entirely digital currency, plus those gains Grinning Face
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2002
1006 posts
38 upvotes
Waterloo
I used to buy silver...then sold it all and bought crypto currency. Over 500% gain so far but good luck with your silver and gold.
Sep 25, 2017
194 posts
149 upvotes
Strong/Free Canada
unknownone wrote:
Nov 25th, 2017 8:04 am
How trustworthy is Torontogoldbullion? I think in the past I saw some negative comments about them, but I could be wrong.
I got my order. They aren't fake . So I'm content
Sep 25, 2017
194 posts
149 upvotes
Strong/Free Canada
Ironballz wrote:
Nov 25th, 2017 8:09 am
I used to buy silver...then sold it all and bought crypto currency. Over 500% gain so far but good luck with your silver and gold.
You really really reallyyyyyy think the banks are gonna let this show continue. How much do they make off the spreads with currency exchanges etc. Don't worry, Bitcoin will b outlawed soon and they will release their own variant if that. I see potential with the technology, but anyone who thinks the government and banks are going to allow this is silly. On the flipside, conspiracy theory, your natashi sagamoto unknown Bitcoin guy is actually the government/NSA and this is the new world order one world currency. Again anybody who thinks this is our Savior and grace is dreaming. Banks need to make their spreads. I'm comfortable holding silver more than gold. It has alot of value in industry solar panels etc