Hot Deals

[First Majestic Silver Corp.] Pure Silver Bullion @ ~ $1.08 Cdn over spot !!! Free Shipping!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 11:29 pm
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
39309 posts
1407 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Ironballz wrote:
Nov 25th, 2017 8:09 am
I used to buy silver...then sold it all and bought crypto currency. Over 500% gain so far but good luck with your silver and gold.
Diversification, my friend. Plus, the purpose of buying PMs is not for appreciation, but rather preservation of wealth.
**BRAND NEW** Unlocked LG G5 - Silver **$300**
Silver Coins | LG G5 Silver | Bosch Orbital Sander
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Dec 7, 2014
25 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
bryan35 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 8:03 pm
I think pure silver is duty free.
Duty is not the issue. Everything imported is subject to GST and provincial taxes and a handling fee. Border services only assess a small amount of incoming parcels.
I assume I'll get assesed when deciding to make a cross border purchase and if that would kill the deal I don't buy. That way no nasty surprises.
But note the post later on that this particular deal is shipped within Canada, so my point does not apply.
Apr 5, 2009
855 posts
71 upvotes
Mudmanx wrote:
Nov 25th, 2017 11:57 am
Duty is not the issue. Everything imported is subject to GST and provincial taxes and a handling fee. Border services only assess a small amount of incoming parcels.
I assume I'll get assesed when deciding to make a cross border purchase and if that would kill the deal I don't buy. That way no nasty surprises.
But note the post later on that this particular deal is shipped within Canada, so my point does not apply.
I thought pure gold and silver was also exempt from hst/gst.
Jan 8, 2008
216 posts
21 upvotes
zinger9 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 10:08 pm
I think I'd rather buy bullets.
hmm, silver bullets. Now that is a strategic reserve.
[OP]
Dec 23, 2015
192 posts
153 upvotes
Steven91 wrote:
Nov 25th, 2017 12:05 pm
I thought pure gold and silver was also exempt from hst/gst.
They are ... https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency ... P213_10371

For those who have made money on cryptos congratulations. I don't really want to turn this deal posting into a protracted debate on the merits of cryptos or silver but here are a few thoughts. I don't think that you can currently go into Loblaws and buy anything with it. Cryptos may have a greater role in the future but currently there are new crypto currencies being offered every day. Which one(s) will have any value over the long term is nothing but speculation. I would have been happy to buy bitcoin years ago but my questions then are still unanswered today. How do you determine it's value? How do you know if your paying too much or when it's a bargain? As bitcoin is less than 10 years old how can one know that it will even exist 10 years in the future? Bitcoin is energy intensive and costly to produce. What happens if a solar flare or other event causes an electomagnetic pulse and takes out the electrical grid ?
Mar 4, 2014
251 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
Isn’t it cheaper over at Canadian PMX? I’ve never ordered before.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2796 posts
1568 upvotes
Markham
Giorgiodethrifty wrote:
Nov 25th, 2017 8:19 am
You really really reallyyyyyy think the banks are gonna let this show continue. How much do they make off the spreads with currency exchanges etc. Don't worry, Bitcoin will b outlawed soon and they will release their own variant if that. I see potential with the technology, but anyone who thinks the government and banks are going to allow this is silly. On the flipside, conspiracy theory, your natashi sagamoto unknown Bitcoin guy is actually the government/NSA and this is the new world order one world currency. Again anybody who thinks this is our Savior and grace is dreaming. Banks need to make their spreads. I'm comfortable holding silver more than gold. It has alot of value in industry solar panels etc
To add to your points, my main worry is only a matter of time before someone or some organization (NSA/FSB etc.) comes up with a flaw or vunerablity and wreak havoc on the currency?!
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
3767 posts
537 upvotes
Kitchener
posttime wrote:
Nov 25th, 2017 6:04 pm
DEAL is Dead :(
You sure?
Capture.PNG
This space is intentionally left blank.
Dec 25, 2009
215 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
Thundercloud wrote:
Nov 25th, 2017 6:08 pm
You sure?

Capture.PNG
Well poop...I was using BLACKFRIDAY17 as the code...Thanks for the correction!
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
3767 posts
537 upvotes
Kitchener
What size to buy? :S

Usually the smaller the size the higher the cost / oz, but with this store, it's all the same!

That 1kg bar looks pretty.
This space is intentionally left blank.