Hot Deals

[First Majestic Silver Corp.] Pure Silver Bullion @ ~ $1.08 Cdn over spot !!! Free Shipping!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 11:29 pm
Mar 4, 2014
252 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, got two 5oz bricks! Hope no custom/duty.
Mar 2, 2011
171 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
Too bad they dont take payment in bitcoin. This bullrun is perfect to to buy up some of these metals at the bottomish
Jan 16, 2016
664 posts
297 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Say I want to sell this in a year's time ... where would I even begin to look to get the best rate to sell-back and to whom?
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
1186 posts
118 upvotes
Altera wrote:
Nov 25th, 2017 9:45 pm
Say I want to sell this in a year's time ... where would I even begin to look to get the best rate to sell-back and to whom?
Craigslist
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1813 posts
335 upvotes
Whitby
Altera wrote:
Nov 25th, 2017 9:45 pm
You could start by offering it to the people here: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/rfd-gold ... #p28535572

You could also take it to any bullion dealer, coin dealer, pawn shop, "We buy gold" places, in fact, you could probably sell it to a bank. Although a bank recently ran into trouble when it bought a counterfeit RCM bar and sold it to another customer. You would expect to get around spot price for it.
Apr 27, 2010
564 posts
191 upvotes
Jojo_Madman wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 3:11 pm
Its a hedge that you have complete control over, and a tradable asset should a Zombie Apocalypse ever occur ... or a massive economic collapse which is looking more and more plausible.
Canned beans would have more value in a zombie apocalypse.

Kidding, but metals do have a place during times where a flight to safety makes sense. High levels of debt most likely mean a rapid devaluation of currency, or a recession while undergoing deleveraging. In the event of either, an anchor of value (like precious metals), is a strong play.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
4450 posts
584 upvotes
rohit91 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 1:12 pm
Silver is worthless
This.

Buy copper while you are at it.
Sep 17, 2016
200 posts
74 upvotes
What's a easy way to sell this without getting dinged high fees? Otherwise there is no point in buying some if the transaction fees are high or it's difficult to turn back into cash easily
Nov 20, 2010
20 posts
6 upvotes
AB
TitusBobby wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 12:21 am
What's a easy way to sell this without getting dinged high fees? Otherwise there is no point in buying some if the transaction fees are high or it's difficult to turn back into cash easily
Places that deal with bullion should buy it at spot price from you.
Feb 17, 2009
137 posts
39 upvotes
TitusBobby wrote:
If you are already thinking of selling, buying physical precious metals is not for you. If this is just a short term investment because you feel precious metal prices are depressed, you should just buy an ETF or a mining stock.

The reason to buy physical precious metals is for holding it for the long term. Either because you do not want to put your trust in the global fiat currency system and want to hold something with intrinsic value, or because you feel there is only a finite supply of the physical precious metal in the world and you are going to wait until the price spikes. If you are at all impatient, buy an ETF.
Sep 17, 2016
200 posts
74 upvotes
snootchiebootchies wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 12:56 am
If you are already thinking of selling, buying physical precious metals is not for you. If this is just a short term investment because you feel precious metal prices are depressed, you should just buy an ETF or a mining stock.

The reason to buy physical precious metals is for holding it for the long term. Either because you do not want to put your trust in the global fiat currency system and want to hold something with intrinsic value, or because you feel there is only a finite supply of the physical precious metal in the world and you are going to wait until the price spikes. If you are at all impatient, buy an ETF.
Hmm, sounds to me like someone is pumping silver bullion, and not shying away from fear mongering. Btw, if the monetary system crashes, no one is going to trade you food for bullion so it will be just stuff that will be found hundreds of years after by some lucky metal detector hobbyist.

And I doubt the places that deal with bullion will buy it at spot prices, just like the bank or credit card company doesn't sell you currency at the spot price. It doesn't make any business sense, these guys ALWAYS take their cut.

So unless you can buy below spot price or are absolutely sure it's value will increase, I can think of far better and more liquid ways to keep cash invested in.
Nov 21, 2006
434 posts
118 upvotes
smoked_up wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 7:37 pm
I got hit with pretty high custom fees the last time I ordered silver rounds from another supplier in US (amagi metals). Any idea if this is normal when buying silver from the US?
In your understanding what exactly means "rounds" : is it a coin or an ingot
If that's an ingot with purity over 0.999 and no face value you will not pay any taxes but if the "round" has a face value (ie: maple leafs) taxes will be charged
Shape rectangular, round...etc doesn't matter
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
39323 posts
1427 upvotes
Richmond Hill
TitusBobby wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 1:45 am
Hmm, sounds to me like someone is pumping silver bullion, and not shying away from fear mongering. Btw, if the monetary system crashes, no one is going to trade you food for bullion so it will be just stuff that will be found hundreds of years after by some lucky metal detector hobbyist.

And I doubt the places that deal with bullion will buy it at spot prices, just like the bank or credit card company doesn't sell you currency at the spot price. It doesn't make any business sense, these guys ALWAYS take their cut.

So unless you can buy below spot price or are absolutely sure it's value will increase, I can think of far better and more liquid ways to keep cash invested in.
There will always be places that will buy at spot price - if not dealers then it is private buyers.

The reason they don't need to buy below spot price and still take their cut is because bullion is typically sold above spot price, not below, unlike currency.
**BRAND NEW** Unlocked LG G5 - Silver **$300**
Silver Coins | LG G5 Silver | Bosch Orbital Sander
Heatware | RFD Feedback
[OP]
Dec 23, 2015
192 posts
153 upvotes
TitusBobby wrote:
Yes you should do some homework in order to find the best price when you sell. All the big banks will buy from you but I would look a little further if you want to get the best price. There are other buyers too that will prey on your ignorance so it's up to you to do a bit of research.

I can't tell you the best place to sell in the future. That may be a job for you and your favorite search engine. It also depends where you live. Start with your local coin/bullion dealer, pawn shop. Here are a few other places to check for reference http://www.gatewestcoin.com/bullionBuy.html , https://www.colonialacres.com/We-Are-Buying-s/1034.htm , http://www.bullioncoinsandbars.com/prod ... r-bars.htm ,https://online.kitco.com/sell/gold-silver.html , https://www.atlanticgoldsilver.com/silv ... s-c-2.html

Having lived through a couple of major spikes in silver prices it has been my experience that more buyers pop out of the woodwork as prices go higher and they are willing to pay higher premiums. When prices are flat you can still find buyers that will pay a few % pts above or below spot. Big bars typically sell for less than spot while you may find you can get a bit of a premium on smaller rounds and bars.