Food & Drink

First nudist restaurant in Paris forced to shut down after one year due to too few customers

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2019 10:22 am
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
7803 posts
1061 upvotes
Toronto
I think it might stem from the loss of appetite.
There's a place and time for everything.
This is neither the place nor the time for that.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
3029 posts
275 upvotes
I had only one question when I saw the title of the post, which was luckily answered in the article:
Black seat covers adorned the chairs and were changed between sittings.
Okay then. That was the only thing I found potentially disgusting about the idea, but they’ve got it covered (pun intended). Other than that, whatever floats your boat I guess, but I think they should have foreseen that they wouldn’t be able to sustain this as a business.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4486 posts
533 upvotes
Calgary
Ees that béchamel sauce on your lap, or are you just 'appy to see me?
I apologize for offending sensitivities of alt right, alt left, or anyone in the middle, for humor or perspectives, for my maturity and occasional errors. I apologize for misunderstandings on gender, religion, politics, race or deals.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
1277 posts
430 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
gh05t wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 3:10 pm
I think it might stem from the loss of appetite.
A lot of places like to put a glamorous spin for their clientele so the models are young, trim, attractive. As far as seeing representatives of actual clients, there are things that once see, cannot be unseen.
Almost too cheap to shop through RFD
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4143 posts
793 upvotes
Regina
she wouldnt take enough meat off the bone
Sep 13, 2016
219 posts
338 upvotes
Mississauga
Probably was a sausage fest and I don’t mean the menu.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13580 posts
2305 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder if a restaurant like that would do well here?
NOT right here in Toronto proper.
I'm thinking on the nudist beach land in Hanlan's Point where people are naked anyway.
After a nice swim...a bite to eat without ever having to worry about the dress code. Winking Face
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
3915 posts
414 upvotes
Ottawa
Seems to me that a lot of "gimmick" restaurants are doomed to failure; you might get people who would try it once out of curiousity, but it's an inconvenience so they're better off going to a "regular" restaurant.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
5849 posts
3023 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 8:28 pm
Seems to me that a lot of "gimmick" restaurants are doomed to failure; you might get people who would try it once out of curiousity, but it's an inconvenience so they're better off going to a "regular" restaurant.
I don't know anyone who would even try this once. I sure as hell wouldn't.