• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2018 7:15 pm
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
5960 posts
4263 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Looks great. Pushes the looks of the Vette into exotic category. It's already had some world class performance in the previous iterations but now it may have the looks to match.

I wonder if there will be a collector value placed on the last gen of the front engined model or are the sales numbers just too high to move the needle?
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
3141 posts
347 upvotes
cartfan123 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2018 10:12 am
Looks great. Pushes the looks of the Vette into exotic category. It's already had some world class performance in the previous iterations but now it may have the looks to match.

I wonder if there will be a collector value placed on the last gen of the front engined model or are the sales numbers just too high to move the needle?
Vetted are mass produced . I'm sure some models will be more desirable in the future . But I doubt they will gain value in the short term.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2002
6935 posts
571 upvotes
Toronto
cartfan123 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2018 10:12 am

Collector value would depend on whether GM plans to phase out front engined vettes which I don't believe they will do just yet.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2014
2334 posts
464 upvotes
Ottawa
Can’t see sheeet with all that camo
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2002
1729 posts
610 upvotes
Looks good, like an Italian designed vehicle.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2002
6935 posts
571 upvotes
Toronto
Here's an enthusiast photochop of what it maaaay look a little bit like based on the camo car.

Last edited by ichpen on Aug 15th, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6106 posts
1667 upvotes
That's a good looking car! I look forward to the world reveal!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2010
9703 posts
4025 upvotes
Toronto
OMG that is smoking hot. That's a wild rear diffuser in the spyshots.

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2002
6935 posts
571 upvotes
Toronto
koffey wrote:
Aug 15th, 2018 2:10 pm
OMG that is smoking hot. That's a wild rear diffuser in the spyshots.

Remember this is the R version i.e. Race Car. Production version definitely won't be as low and may be missing a lot of aero pieces buuuut that's what aftermarket is for.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
1036 posts
850 upvotes
GTA
Looks like a Ferrari 458. Maybe with a bit of new Acura NSX mixed in. It's weird to even think of that as a Chevrolet Corvette.

I hope they keep the traditional FR Corvette, and make this MR a new model. Calling this thing a Corvette would be sacrilegious.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
1704 posts
779 upvotes
Ottawa
Car me a purist, but the Corvette nameplate has been around for 65 years as a FR sports car platform. Feels weird for the transition to a MR layout. GM should apply another nameplate to this new MR sports car. But I can see why they need to do this though since the Camaro is pretty much just as good as a vette, there is fewer and fewer reasons for pay a premium for essentially the same product in a sleeker body.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2002
6935 posts
571 upvotes
Toronto
They may or likely will keep both platforms in production. The current vette sells well and is maybe half way through a typical model cycle. No doubt costly to produce two platforms but I suspect the midengined iteration will not be priced for volume. I see it in the 200s+ competing with entry level supercars with a better value prop. Whether the brand can maintain a non halo car at that price range remains to be seen. All speculation at the moment.

They certainly can't be competing at the same pricepoints that's for sure.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)