First Shot gun advice needed;

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2016 4:00 pm
Nov 8, 2009
165 posts
125 upvotes
Burlington

First Shot gun advice needed;

Hi Pros, I have just got my PAL, and ready for my first hunting arm; there are 3 options I have in below. Want to hear some advice from you pros before i made the click. Anything you want to say are appreciated

Opt A: Remington® 870™ Express® 3-1/2'' 12-Gauge Super Magnum Pump Shotgun; ($499 &449 After Rebate)
Opt B: Winchester SXP Field 12-Gauge Pump-Action Shotgun; ($459 & $399 After Rebate)
Opt C: PARDUS PC ( $389) http://www.wholesalesports.com/store...dus-PC/p/53101
22 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
3862 posts
2940 upvotes
Markham
Opt D: There is no need to inflict pain on other species. If you really feel a need for a challenge, challenge a bear/tiger/lion with a knife in each hand.
Nov 8, 2009
165 posts
125 upvotes
Burlington
BDSL wrote: Opt D: There is no need to inflict pain on other species. If you really feel a need for a challenge, challenge a bear/tiger/lion with a knife in each hand.
Sorry Man, i hear you. I need a Gym membership deal now. A:LA Fitness; B: Goodlife; C: fitness for less,. Pro's opinion needed
Oct 27, 2012
406 posts
396 upvotes
Shwa
I have option a, but my laminate wood stock looks like crap now. Get the black synthetic one if u go with it.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19892 posts
4109 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
I don't usually come in this forum so I'm a little late. Not sure if you've bought something yet. What do you plan on shooting/hunting? I've got a synthetic 870 express supermag. I've taken a few grouse with it. If you're going after waterfowl you should get a semi or even a double. I just use my mostly for clays but I'll use it on grouse if I'm camping in the fall. If you get a chance, go to a store and handle them back to back and let that make your decision.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52935 posts
18144 upvotes
ONTARIO
BDSL wrote: Opt D: There is no need to inflict pain on other species. If you really feel a need for a challenge, challenge a bear/tiger/lion with a knife in each hand.
Fact:
You eating super market meat actually does more harm to animals than hunting. You support an evil system of large scale commercial animal farming that puts animals in deplorable conditions.

Hunters hunt animals that have been living humanely in their habitat. Hunters do NOT waste. I think you'd be surprised at how eco-friendly and humane hunters are… What you see on TV is just a stereotype.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21783 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
If you hunt right they don't feel much pain. There are also several reasons to hunt, with hunger and economics being primarily among them.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2005
5236 posts
813 upvotes
the 870 is a popular model, i'd go with that.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5520 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote:
Fact:
You eating super market meat actually does more harm to animals than hunting. You support an evil system of large scale commercial animal farming that puts animals in deplorable conditions.

Hunters hunt animals that have been living humanely in their habitat. Hunters do NOT waste. I think you'd be surprised at how eco-friendly and humane hunters are… What you see on TV is just a stereotype.
the ones that do it just for sport do. no problem with the ones who actually use the animal for food, clothing, etc.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
3862 posts
2940 upvotes
Markham
UrbanPoet wrote:
Fact:

I am actually a vegetarian. I also do not wear animal products.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52935 posts
18144 upvotes
ONTARIO
BDSL wrote:
UrbanPoet wrote:
Fact:

Believe it or not... Vegetables and grains also destroy animal habitat. Most of the cheaper produce and depending on where its sourced probably has some sort of farming practice that directly affects animals due to the loss of habitat. Unless you are foraging all your food...

You also live in Markham... Suburban sprawl destroys animal habitat.

That's your personal opinion and I can't change it. I just stated mine.
Some light reading
http://www.animalliberationfront.com/AR ... unting.htm

You'd be surprised at the amount of animal welfare groups who are neutral or pro towards sustainable hunting practices.
Do you think hunters just go into the woods and machine gun\throat slit every living animal they can find?

Anyways... Lets just leave it at that! Its fair to say that we have our own opinions that can't be changed... But we're both free to express them.
Penalty Box
Nov 23, 2012
1451 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
BDSL wrote:
UrbanPoet wrote:
Fact:

I doubt your posts.
You go to the extent of not wearing any wool products but are not a vegan.
You almost certainly buy clothes made by a sweatshop and so abuse the human animal. You did not say anything more about your lifestyle so no comment on that because it is possible you do not drive a car, live in a big house, go fishing or ride a motor boat on the lake and eat low impact crops.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
3862 posts
2940 upvotes
Markham
tungustungus wrote:
BDSL wrote:
UrbanPoet wrote:

Fact:

I doubt your posts.
You almost certainly buy clothes made by a sweatshop and so abuse the human animal. You did not say anything more about your lifestyle so no comment on that because it is possible you do not drive a car, live in a big house, go fishing or ride a motor boat on the lake and eat low impact crops.
I do try to understand where my food / consumption leads to.
But its internet, so I can't provide you any evidence. I am not going to spend more effort on things I can't prove over internet.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
3862 posts
2940 upvotes
Markham
leakeyweb wrote:
You can pretty much find any video to support any beliefs.
There are also many documentaries on the opposing view.
Penalty Box
Nov 23, 2012
1451 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
BDSL wrote:
tungustungus wrote:
BDSL wrote:

I doubt your posts.
I do try to understand where my food / consumption leads to.
But its internet, so I can't provide you any evidence. I am not going to spend more effort on things I can't prove over internet.
No one asked you for evidence nor a statement. You try and so does the guy goes hunting apparently.
Penalty Box
Nov 23, 2012
1451 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
I didn't know how badass shotguns were until I saw this video.
Youtube vid
I then realized there were a ton of good options for a beginner and no one would know better than someone on a US (or I guess Russian forums).
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
3097 posts
474 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
I've been thinking of a Mossberg 500 with a 3 barrel combo.
PAL instructor spent an hour preaching how awesome and economical it was. I've seen them on sale for under $500.
Or should I buy a shotgun for every purpose (I actually don't see myself hunting large game with a shotgun).
I'd like to start with clays then get into ducks and turkeys.
signature removed for inappropriate content
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52935 posts
18144 upvotes
ONTARIO
tungustungus wrote: I doubt your posts.
Same... Rfd is smaller than we think. Perhaps a little birdie knows of BDSL eating big fat juicy steaks... With gluten free sides & organic water.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
3862 posts
2940 upvotes
Markham
tungustungus wrote: I didn't know how badass shotguns were until I saw this video.
Youtube vid
I then realized there were a ton of good options for a beginner and no one would know better than someone on a US (or I guess Russian forums).
While I don't condone to hunting due to my personal belief, different firearms offer different pros/cons.
You can find more info here http://www.brassfetcher.com/
Furthermore, here is a Canadian gun forum http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/forum.php. Other forums might not be as useful as some firearms are restricted in Canada but not in other countries.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)