Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3042 posts
21 upvotes
nsr250 wrote:
Jul 19th, 2008 7:02 pm
You guys won't believe this luck I had, so I went to visit my parents today and brought over my camera, my dad sees this and tells me he has an old film Nikon that I can have. So out of curiosity I went sifting through boxes of junk to find his camera. And what did I find:

An old F body series Nikon with a 50mm f1.4 prime lens!! It even had a Hoya filter on it too!!
Score! That should keep you busy for a while.. :)
Feb 11, 2008
55 posts
ontario
nsr250 wrote:
Jul 19th, 2008 7:02 pm
It even had a Hoya filter on it too!!
My recommendation is to remove the Filter and use it only when you need to. I have this lens and with a filter it tends to create internal reflections (since it's a 1.4 the glass is huge inside the lens). Try to also shoot at 2.0 or smaller, as it is sharpest between 2.0 to 5.6.

BTW if it's the Made in Japan model, it's worth a few bucks!
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 9, 2005
1691 posts
3 upvotes
WillFi wrote:
Jul 20th, 2008 2:00 pm
My recommendation is to remove the Filter and use it only when you need to. I have this lens and with a filter it tends to create internal reflections (since it's a 1.4 the glass is huge inside the lens). Try to also shoot at 2.0 or smaller, as it is sharpest between 2.0 to 5.6.

BTW if it's the Made in Japan model, it's worth a few bucks!
Awesome, thanks for the recommendations, I tried removing the filter and using 2.0 to 5.6. Made a pretty big difference!