• Dec 25th, 2014 10:40 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2568 posts
1093 upvotes

First time having and setting up a TV

Never bothered with a TV after moving out many eons ago. Bit the bullet today...ordered a Samsung UHD.

What do you guys recommend for sound? I'm sure the speakers on the TV will be crap. Was thinking maybe just hooking up a 2.1 speaker/woofer?

As for movies and shows, I just want to confirm I can stream content from the Internet directly onto the TV (has wireless) without any thing as the middle man? I only have 6 down/1 up adsl connection
1 reply
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6114 posts
1693 upvotes
Milton
Seks wrote: What do you guys recommend for sound? I'm sure the speakers on the TV will be crap. Was thinking maybe just hooking up a 2.1 speaker/woofer?
Do you live in house or condo/apartment? If the former or with a big condo, a 5.1 system would def add value to your new TV. But be careful this can get very expensive really quickly i.e receiver + five speakers + subwoofer.
For the latter, a soundbar with subwoofer seems to be popular now a days because of its footprint and being effective in small living rooms.
Seks wrote: As for movies and shows, I just want to confirm I can stream content from the Internet directly onto the TV (has wireless) without any thing as the middle man? I only have 6 down/1 up adsl connection
Yup if you have a smart tv then you could but it wouldnt beat something like a chromcast, roku or ps4/xb1

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)