Expired Hot Deals

Fit4Less (by Goodlife) at $10/month (1 year contract) - Anybody had them ?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2013 5:49 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
1809 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto

Fit4Less (by Goodlife) at $10/month (1 year contract) - Anybody had them ?

I was passing by the Eglinton/Vic park and saw the sign in the plaza for Fit4Less at $10/month. Checked them out online and looks like they have two packages avaialble :

1. Blackcard - $20/month + tax (month to month)
  • Access to all Fit4Less locations (Excluding Goodlife locations)
  • - with each including 50+ pieces of cardio equipment, strength training equipment, and a large free weight area with 5-75lb dumbbells
  • Transferrable access card for family & friends
  • Month-to-month membership, with a no commitment option
  • Unlimited use of massage chairs
  • Unlimited tanning
  • Half-priced cooler drinks
  • Fit4Less t-shirt
2. 4Less - $10/month + tax (1 year contract)
  • Access to your Fit4Less home club
  • - including 50+ pieces of cardio equipment, strength training equipment, and a large free weight area with 5-75lb dumbbells
  • 1 year non-transferable membership
  • $25* joining fee
My question is that does anybody has experience with them ? Warm deal or not ?

*EDIT*
https://fit4less.ca/
6 locations so far. Click here for locations.
*EDIT*
You have to provide your banking info to sign up online or in the gym.
101 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3373 posts
821 upvotes
Ottawa
I've been with them for about 6 months now at the Ottawa location, I was previously with Premier Fitness. The gym itself is no frills with unfinished concrete flooring and second hand equipment from Goodlife. Be that in mind, all the equipment seems fairly new and everything is always functioning, well at least within the 6 months I've been there. I currently have the Blackcard membership but planning to switch for the 4less membership. Reason being is 80% of the people there have a Blackcard membership. Your supposed to hand your card to the supervisor if you want to use the tanning beds, massage chairs, etc. I have only needed to hand it them once.

Basically, everyone who has the 4less membership gets all the benifits of the black membership minus the t-shirt, cooler drinks, no commitment, no joining fee, transfer of membership. I love this gym because you don't have a personal trainer constantly bugging you to sign up with them. It also seems catered towards those who don't do themselves up for the gym (ie. makeup, style hair, etc). Just your average joe's/janes wanting to lose weight or gain muscle
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
1809 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
shadow_cruiser wrote:
Oct 4th, 2012 1:01 pm
I've been with them for about 6 months now at the Ottawa location, I was previously with Premier Fitness. The gym itself is no frills with unfinished concrete flooring and second hand equipment from Goodlife. Be that in mind, all the equipment seems fairly new and everything is always functioning, well at least within the 6 months I've been there. I currently have the Blackcard membership but planning to switch for the 4less membership. Reason being is 80% of the people there have a Blackcard membership. Your supposed to hand your card to the supervisor if you want to use the tanning beds, massage chairs, etc. I have only needed to hand it them once.

Basically, everyone who has the 4less membership gets all the benifits of the black membership minus the t-shirt, cooler drinks, no commitment, no joining fee, transfer of membership. I love this gym because you don't have a personal trainer constantly bugging you to sign up with them. It also seems catered towards those who don't do themselves up for the gym (ie. makeup, style hair, etc). Just your average joe's/janes wanting to lose weight or gain muscle
Cool. Might pop by to check out the feel of the gym. One plus point I see is that they are open 24/7.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2009
1315 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
Its the best gym for it's price and I'd go over the snap, anytimes, etc I've seen around. EXCEPT, that their entry system is silly. The one at warden/eg has one entrance/exit, it is the only entrance/exit and it's automatic doors. So basically, you swipe your fob -> enter the "weigh station" that makes sure only one person is entering -> door behind you closes -> door in front of you opens

The whole process takes about 30 seconds and you standing in this see through glass "tube door" with people waiting to enter/exit jsut watching you - and then you have to hope that once the person clears the entrance/exit, that someone waiting *hopefully* lets you go first. It's such a mess and a big reason my gf didn't sign up.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
2127 posts
335 upvotes
DFR Headquarter
Interesting. I've looking for an afordable 24/7 gym for a long time.

Anyone know if there any locations in north york? (Can't view on my phone)
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
2220 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto
I was looking into this as well. Does anyone know if they have squat racks/smith machines/etc.
How is the weight room compared to the ymca in scarborough?!?!
Sep 22, 2006
399 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
the one at eglinton and vp is pretty good, amazing price and all the equipment is brand new. The gym is done nicely and its a pretty solid deal, compared to the standard prices at other gyms
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1339 posts
149 upvotes
Just check out the astmosphere and make sure that it's comfortable for you especially during times that you would work out. Just saying because the one in Ottawa, Merivale location can get pretty busy at times with a lot of younger kids as well. I like the concept though, If I didn't already have a free gym at work I would probably join it over the full-blown Goodlife which has tons of ammenities that I don't use.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
2127 posts
335 upvotes
DFR Headquarter
Bedboi wrote:
Oct 4th, 2012 1:53 pm
Interesting. I've looking for an afordable 24/7 gym for a long time.

Anyone know if there any locations in north york? (Can't view on my phone)
just got home and went online to check out this place.

wah wah waaahhhhhh! no toronto north york location.
Oct 1, 2012
191 posts
1 upvote
Here and there
Good deal. But too bad none in Markham/Richmond Hill/Vaughan area. Hopefully they expand this way soon.
Sep 6, 2006
343 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
I've been with this gym since it opened at this location. It is definitely no frills. There are no showers, no pool, no water fountains and no towel service. It is however well maintained and it is 24/7. No staff after 10 pm similar to Snap fitness, just 10x bigger. All the equipment is new, and for $10/month really can't complain. I usually go around midnight and there is only a few people there. Here are a couple pictures. The weight lifting area is in the back, can't really see it from these pics. Keep it mind the free weights only go up to 75 lbs. Overall happy with my membership! ImageImage
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1160 upvotes
Wow, which location is that? The Millcreek gym in Mississauga is so small compared to that...
These folks have taken over RFD, so I'm done here.

Mutu qabla an tamutu
Sep 6, 2006
343 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
Rehan wrote:
Oct 4th, 2012 8:33 pm
Wow, which location is that? The Millcreek gym in Mississauga is so small compared to that...
This would be the location OP is referring to.
Nov 27, 2006
157 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
25 minute drive.. not sure if its worth it for me.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
1809 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
cool069 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2012 8:19 pm
I've been with this gym since it opened at this location. It is definitely no frills. There are no showers, no pool, no water fountains and no towel service. It is however well maintained and it is 24/7. No staff after 10 pm similar to Snap fitness, just 10x bigger. All the equipment is new, and for $10/month really can't complain. I usually go around midnight and there is only a few people there. Here are a couple pictures. The weight lifting area is in the back, can't really see it from these pics. Keep it mind the free weights only go up to 75 lbs. Overall happy with my membership!
Looks nice. How did you sign up for the contract ? Do you have to provide your Credit Card number or can you do lum sum ? I wanna be careful if there cancellation procedure is as horrible as other big gyms.
× < >