• Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2018 6:03 pm
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR

Fitbit Alta or Charge HR?

Looking to pick up my first fitbit for both myself and my mom. These seem almost identical except for size. How did you guys make your decisions between these two? Happy with your choice?
5 replies
Oct 13, 2009
264 posts
58 upvotes
North York
I have a charge HR and wish I would have went with Alta. I recently seen a few straps that fitbit sell to change up the Alta, with the charge you are stuck with the appearance.

Also the charge is notorious for having to get a warranty replacement because the strap starts to come apart 5 -7 months later.

Something else to think of is the software compatibility. I am not sure of i health but s health, samsung's health app does not work with fitbit unless you download a 3rd party app.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR
Ojibway Bob wrote: I have a charge HR and wish I would have went with Alta. I recently seen a few straps that fitbit sell to change up the Alta, with the charge you are stuck with the appearance.

Also the charge is notorious for having to get a warranty replacement because the strap starts to come apart 5 -7 months later.

Something else to think of is the software compatibility. I am not sure of i health but s health, samsung's health app does not work with fitbit unless you download a 3rd party app.
Hmm why did you want to go with the alta - just for appearance?
Oct 13, 2009
264 posts
58 upvotes
North York
I believe the Alta came out after I received my Charge HR as a gift. So when I called in for my warranty they gave me an option 50% another model or take another Charge. I decided to grab another Charge then happened to see the fact the Alta you can swap out straps.

The Alta to me is a bit more streamlined, more like a bracelet as the Charge is a bit more bulky, not to mention I always wear a watch so at times people question me on why I wear 2 watches LOL.

Another thing to factor is water resistance. I think the Alta stands up better for chance of splashing like when you wash dishes, hands. I think this is the reason why the Charge HR starts to separate from the band after a few months.

On a side note...I just followed you on IG, nice pics!!
Kaitlyn wrote: Hmm why did you want to go with the alta - just for appearance?
Jun 22, 2003
432 posts
42 upvotes
My wife chose the Alta HR based on the fact she can change the band. She purchased a gloss stainless band on Amazon and now it looks like a bracelet. She's happy with her decision.
Jan 29, 2018
82 posts
11 upvotes
Just bought at staples store for $59.97 plus tax
Many in stock.

Thanks OP!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)