Nov 18, 2002
6500 posts
432 upvotes
Toronto
codedred wrote:
Oct 29th, 2012 9:14 pm
try kijiji for a designer!
Really? Where/how?

Fiverr, 99designs etc at least have ratings and some buyer protection, a bit skeptical about kijiji. Do you know of someone? I'm actually in the market for a local/dependable graphic artist so quite interested.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2007
6685 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
ichpen wrote:
Oct 30th, 2012 11:02 am
Really? Where/how?

Fiverr, 99designs etc at least have ratings and some buyer protection, a bit skeptical about kijiji. Do you know of someone? I'm actually in the market for a local/dependable graphic artist so quite interested.
I have contacts with an absolutely phenomenal graphic designer, but they'd be in the midrange price not bottom of the barrel fiverr price
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2004
4196 posts
331 upvotes
Use vworker or a site like that. Explain in great detail what you want, and say you are very picky, so if you're not an expert, don't bid.
If their work is terrible, just cancel it.
Nov 4, 2012
6 posts
BRAMPTON
love fiverr. it's amazing what people are willing to do for just 5 bucks. there are alot of talented designers on their. i usually go for the ones that are top rated.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2007
6685 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
TheRed wrote:
Nov 19th, 2012 12:18 am
Just go buy a scanner?
Shhhhhh! don't tell people they can do that or I'll go out of business!

Just kidding of course, we're 4.5 years in and doing great. Most people come to us AFTER they buy the scanner. Our average orders are 2500+ photos, which on a household scanner would take anywhere from 2 days to 20 days to do. To have 2400 photos scanned by us is $198 - and after most people get through 20 or 30 they get frustrated and give us a call. But if you have extra time, then by all means, giv'er!

What you're under estimating is what your time is worth - which is our greatest commodity. Some people enjoy scanning and I give them all the tips/encouragement I can - but most people are far to busy to concern themselves with that. Service businesses that save you time will ALWAYS be appreciated.

I just got another one done on fiverr - I'm looking for some interesting Christmas ones... I don't really want the sexy elf ones (older target market)... but if I could make it goofy enough I'd try it. Using this to promote a new contest that I'm launching in the next few days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ79Wc5t ... ults_video
× < >