Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2004
1333 posts
145 upvotes
Downtown

Fix Fix

When is the mod gonna fix the time stamp in this forum? The time is 1 hour behind!
18 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2004
2301 posts
Where's the hot deal???

I thought there was a sale on other 'Fixes' . :lol:
Besides- you can change your time setting in user profile.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2003
3958 posts
130 upvotes
coolpc wrote:this must been the hotest deal of all times!!! you can fix ur clock for free ur self!!!
LOL....
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2004
1333 posts
145 upvotes
Downtown
But my DST setting is fine!!!!!!!

I checked it...It's set to Eastern and I'm in TOronto....Plus the clock was fine before daylight savings time last week and now all of a sudden it's one hour behind!
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2004
1333 posts
145 upvotes
Downtown
Rehan wrote:Can you send me a screenshot of your settings? Upload it to http://www.imageshack.us/ and then PM me a link.
You mean just that one settings page?
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1326 upvotes
Sauga
Nicotine wrote:You mean just that one settings page?
Yeah, just the part that shows the time zone and DST settings.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2004
1333 posts
145 upvotes
Downtown
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2003
4242 posts
25 upvotes
Strathroy, ON
Can you post a picture of your computers DST settings :)
Power.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2003
4242 posts
25 upvotes
Strathroy, ON
Nicotine wrote:My system date settings shouldn't matter here since it is run using my redflags settings...but here it is:
Thanks. I'm stumped. Go Rehan!
Power.
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1326 upvotes
Sauga
Looks like the "Automatically detect DST settings" option doesn't work properly with Netscape/Mozilla/Firefox. So you non-IE users will have to choose "DST corrections always on" for the summer and then switch it to "DST corrections always off" in October.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2004
1333 posts
145 upvotes
Downtown
This has GOT to be server side!

HAHA! So I guess I get to make a wisecrack on the people who wisecracked or laughed at me...those being North77, coolpc, rogue. But I can't really think of one....so [Insert The Most Biting, Sarcastic Wisecrack On You That You Can Think Of Here].

There! Take THat!

And this thread should be PUT BACK into the Hot Deals Forum where I originaly posted it because that is the Forum that has the most traffic so that we can see how many other people have the same problem!
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2004
1333 posts
145 upvotes
Downtown
Rehan wrote:Looks like the "Automatically detect DST settings" option doesn't work properly with Netscape/Mozilla/Firefox. So you non-IE users will have to choose "DST corrections always on" for the summer and then switch it to "DST corrections always off" in October.
Huh??? But it was working just fine 2 weeks ago! Darn.

EDIT: Oh wait! That means it's still a server side problem doesn't it! HAHA...nah nah nah [Does the "cabbage patch" dance] .
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1326 upvotes
Sauga
Nicotine wrote:Huh??? But it was working just fine 2 weeks ago! Darn.

EDIT: Oh wait! That means it's still a server side problem doesn't it! HAHA...nah nah nah .
Because two weeks ago, there was no adjustment needed for Daylight Saving Time. :razz:

I don't know what the "Automatically detect DST settings" feature actually does to detect settings...the problem with it not working in Netscape-type browsers could be either a vBulletin bug or it may just be an IE-only feature.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2004
1333 posts
145 upvotes
Downtown
Rehan wrote:Because two weeks ago, there was no adjustment needed for Daylight Saving Time. :razz:

I don't know what the "Automatically detect DST settings" feature actually does to detect settings...the problem with it not working in Netscape-type browsers could be either a vBulletin bug or it may just be an IE-only feature.

Ok...turned DST setting to off...Works like a charm now...Thanks for the help.

[Sits back and lights a nice big victory cigar...puff puff]

(Yes, I know it may be that I'm screwed out of functionality because I'm not using IE....But I still derive satisfaction that it is a problem with server-side not being robust enough instead of a problem at my end, even though one could say i'm "using the wrong program")

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)