Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fizz.ca

Locked: Home Internet (Québec) 120/20 Mbps $50/month ($12 rebate) + $50 referral credit (usually $25) on mobile or Home Internet

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 24th, 2021 12:17 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12749 posts
25732 upvotes
Montreal

Home Internet (Québec) 120/20 Mbps $50/month ($12 rebate) + $50 referral credit (usually $25) on mobile or Home Internet

Deal Link:
Price:
$50
Savings:
20%
Expiry:
July 15, 2021
Retailer:
Fizz.ca
[Updated: June 24, 2021]

With over 470 posts, this thread is getting long and most people don’t read back. The same questions keep getting asked. So, I thought I would expire the thread and open a new one with TomRFD’s permission with a FAQ summary.

Let’s continue the discussion there.

---------------------------

Until July 15th, 2021 inclusively

[From previous RFD threads:]

In early 2019, Vidéotron launched a discount Internet service called FIZZ available in Vidéotron’s service area (Québec province and in some areas in Ontario like Clarence/Rockland, Alfred, Limoges, etc.)

It’s Vidéotron’s network with a discreet Fizz logo engraved on the modem.
You even get a Vidéotron IP address.
Technically, it’s a rock-solid product.
The speed is constantly more than promised.
There is no throttling at night when everybody streams Netflix all at once.

The Bandwidth is UNLIMITED!

A Wi-Fi modem/router rental is included at no extra cost.
It's a Hitron CODA-4680.

Auto-installation is FREE: a technician will bring your modem and verify that your cable connection works properly.
All the instructions needed come with the modem and are clearly spelled out.
VIP-installation is $30: complete installation and configuration by a technician. (Unnecessary)

You may cancel at any time, no strings attached. Just return the modem.

There’s no credit check since it's all pre-paid. Visa debit, MasterCard debit and pre-paid credit cards also work.

To give better prices, Fizz employ customer support from overseas with employees for whom English or French is sometimes a second or third language with a basic understanding of what the product is.
Customer support is digital only; you have to be at ease with the new ways of communicating like chat, Messenger, community forums, etc.
With those means of communications, sometimes it takes a little longer to get understood and get satisfaction.
I don't mean this in a condescending way, just know what type of customer you are.

But the service is so solid that the odds are that you won't ever have to contact customer support.

Once you are a Fizz subscriber, you get a referral code that you can share with a friend to use when they join Fizz.
When that person makes her/his second monthly payment, you will both get a $50 credit.
That's a $50 credit EACH!

If you don't have someone's referral code, GET ONE BEFORE ORDERING your Home Internet installation to get the $50 credit.

DO NOT POST OR ASK FOR A REFERRAL CODE IN THIS THREAD.

THAT'S AGAINST RFD RULES.

Fizz Customer Support

Support is through the Web site only via chat, Messenger, email or contact forms.
There are also two Community Forums: one in English and one in French.
There is no phone number to call to get support.
A contact form automatically opens a ticket.
Give as much details as possible.

1) Email contactform@support.fizz.ca

2) Chat is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Disable any ad-blocker.[/b]

Login your account;
Click on “Help”;
In “Popular topics” click on any subject;
Scroll down to the bottom;
In the right corner the chat bubble will appear after 15 seconds;
If you see “login” at the top of your screen, you have to login again even if you have already logged-in and repeat the process;
If the bubble still doesn’t appear, try a few hours later;
Click on the bubble and type your question.

3) Facebook Messenger
https://www.messenger.com/t/fizzca
https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

4) Contact form
Login your account.
My profile > Contact forms > Submit a complaint

5) As a last resort, in case of emergency, login your account and click My plans > Manage plan > Unsubscribe
You won’t be immediately unsubscribed but the bubble will appear.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jun 24th, 2021 1:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: added link to new thread
472 replies
Sep 30, 2014
240 posts
341 upvotes
Montreal
Thank you. Ciktel just increased my 100mbps Internet to $55. Time to say byebye.
Dec 16, 2019
469 posts
469 upvotes
QC
Currently paying 66$ for 400mbps with videotron and need to call them to negotiate anyway. So I'll call them and based on what they can do for me, I'll decide if I switch for Fizz for 50$ then. Pretty good deal for 120mbps
Jan 8, 2011
67 posts
129 upvotes
Montréal
Do you know what happen to perks/rewards when you switch plan?
Do you know if the price is going change at the end of the promotion, or the price will be frozen like the early access?
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12749 posts
25732 upvotes
Montreal
tijonx wrote: Do you know what happen to perks/rewards when you switch plan?
Do you know if the price is going change at the end of the promotion, or the price will be frozen like the early access?
My guess is that the price will be ongoing and perks and rewards won't be affected.
But I will contact Fizz by chat to be sure and post back.

EDIT: @tijonx I was told over chat that perks and rewards are not affected if you switch plan.

As for the ongoing pricing, they told me to wait for an email. They didn't have the details yet. The promotion started today.
But it would be pretty stupid if it was only for a couple of months. I'm pretty sure it will be ongoing. I will update when I get a confirmation.
Last edited by Temporel on May 20th, 2021 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 29, 2010
690 posts
1361 upvotes
Quebec
ivorii wrote: Currently paying 66$ for 400mbps with videotron and need to call them to negotiate anyway. So I'll call them and based on what they can do for me, I'll decide if I switch for Fizz for 50$ then. Pretty good deal for 120mbps
I dont see why theyd care, Fizz is Videotron :)
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4214 posts
5060 upvotes
Montreal, QC
simonchretien wrote: I dont see why theyd care, Fizz is Videotron :)
You'd be surprised though. Even though Fizz is owned by Videotron, they're often treated as separate entities by their managers and each company has their revenue/profit goals and they'll still fight to convince you from switching.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile and Videotron Fizz customer :-)
Apr 17, 2009
483 posts
95 upvotes
Is there a true difference between IVC and Fizz? They are both Videotron resellers right? I like that IVC guarantees a certain rate for the next 3 years. I'm afraid that FIZZ will increase the price after a few months...
Oct 29, 2010
690 posts
1361 upvotes
Quebec
Hows their sustained upload speed? They use traffic management on uploads to reduce usage.
Oct 29, 2010
690 posts
1361 upvotes
Quebec
Toule wrote: Is there a true difference between IVC and Fizz? They are both Videotron resellers right? I like that IVC guarantees a certain rate for the next 3 years. I'm afraid that FIZZ will increase the price after a few months...
Fizz isnt a videotron reseller, its a videotron division, its part of them.
Oct 29, 2010
690 posts
1361 upvotes
Quebec
willy0275 wrote: You'd be surprised though. Even though Fizz is owned by Videotron, they're often treated as separate entities by their managers and each company has their revenue/profit goals and they'll still fight to convince you from switching.
Ok tks. Anyway I'll use this to negotiate my ebox plan :)
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
simonchretien wrote: Hows their sustained upload speed? They use traffic management on uploads to reduce usage.

Which is perfectly fine for 99% of users and allows for lower rates and kicks out Usenet abusers
May 7, 2020
22 posts
15 upvotes
Anyone know if this price is also applicable to existing clients or is it a deal only for new customers?
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2019
3383 posts
18862 upvotes
Thanks haha I think I am cancelling Bell for July installation!
Jan 8, 2011
67 posts
129 upvotes
Montréal
Dichet wrote: Anyone know if this price is also applicable to existing clients or is it a deal only for new customers?

It apply to existing customer, that's the price it show up when I go to the switch plan in my user panel
Last edited by tijonx on May 20th, 2021 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4485 posts
2119 upvotes
with that 120mbs connection I get between 2mbs to 50mbs. never more.

kinda pissed at them, but whatever.
I guess performance varies by regions
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2019
3383 posts
18862 upvotes
def47 wrote: with that 120mbs connection I get between 2mbs to 50mbs. never more.

Really? Wow how is that possible
Mar 17, 2021
283 posts
652 upvotes
Wonder how long that price will stay 50$ though
Feb 23, 2008
325 posts
1106 upvotes
Montreal
Happy with Oxio (also from Videotron).
Using it since 2 months, so far no downtime. Working from home.
Nov 28, 2019
29 posts
77 upvotes
def47 wrote: with that 120mbs connection I get between 2mbs to 50mbs. never more.

Agree with def47 here, I am on the 60mbps plan and I get probably half that on most normal days, with one random time throughout the week where the internet speed drops down significantly.

Also, completely disagree with the "no outage" part, and if you run a critical business which requires at least some sort of internet (like critical zoom/teams meetings), don't use fizz mobile with internet at the same time as there were times when outages killed both mobile and home internet simultaneously. I had no internet for half the day (luckily I had the good ol' Fido data plan from RFD!). Note that Fizz has like 0 customer service, as even during prolonged hours of outage, since they never update their "status" on their main page about a downed network even when a huge amount of customers lost their internet. Check their facebook page for posts around mid february, and you'll see a bunch of customers being pissed that they lost their internet for a few hours and Fizz pretended on their main site that nothing happened.

I appreciate the OP post but I just want to lay real information on the table without exaggerations.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)